Igroup/GE Mortgage + secured Loan + now Engage- beat GE Repo - now Engage Repo **WON** Want to reclaim charges

Pleasehelpme26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Just to update you.

Been to court today armed with further paperwork requested by the judge.

GE had a different solicitor who demanded to see the paperwork before I went into the hearing. I refused

( I haven't a clue about legal things, so don't know if that was correct) but she told me she was going to report me to the judge!!

Ge had sent further paperwork, but tbh it wasn't relevant to their case at all.

all suspended again until March with me paying the CMI plus £250.

We have to see how much funds we can get in the meantime to bring the arrears down.

GE didn't get their own way and I feel confident that we can raise some cash in the next few months.

Dear Ge didn't get the christmas pressie they desperately wanted!!!! Hahahaaaaa!!!!

Thanks so much for all your help and support, I am very very grateful.

I will be hanging around with you all and keep in touch.

Merry christmas xx

* wasn't relevant to their case

Brilliant ! and well done for standing up to their solicitor :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

honeybee13 said:
Hello again.

Well done you, that sounds like a result to me. :) Thank you for coming back to let us know. We'll be here between now and March if you need us.

HB

Hello, I'm sure I will, I have to file the amount I'm going to pay via the court, not sure exactly what that means. I'd much rather not have to find a lump sum, but hey ho we are going to see what we can do. Thanks for your support :)

harris1997 said:
Great news, well done:-) Hopefully, fingers crossed i will get a good outcome on Friday! dreading it:|

Thank you :) I'm sure you will, the judge had no time for GE money at all. From my experience the judge will do their best to help you stay in your home if you can show how you are moving forward. Good luck :)

Ell-enn said:
Brilliant ! and well done for standing up to their solicitor :)

Lol thank you ..... And it's all thanks to you.

She made me so cross, I wasn't nervous today, it was a bit comical in the waiting area with the slightly raised voices.

GE had nothing new to offer today, just referred to a case where the people hadn't kept to their agreement. The judge didn't even look at it.

Thanks so much for your help x

Thats fantastic news! We have our day in court on thursday,and I just want it over with! not scared,just numb,and fed up, but in a good way! well done you!x

Hello,

Thank you :) Yes I know what you are saying , you just want to get in there and done with.

I will be thinking of you and sending you good luck.

Let us know how it goes xx

if you mean that court case ..yes it was deemed inappropriate

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just for future reference, it is obligatory to share any documents you intend to rely on in a court of law, with the opposition. So next time your opponent asks for copies, you really ought to hand them over. The only thing you do not have to hand over is the income and expenditure form (or your phone number as you can insist on them communicating with you in writing), but if the judge tells you to hand them a copy of an I&E then you have to.

There's no point in filing a defence, or writing a defence, if the claimant does not have the opportunity to see it.

• Haha 1

Hello, I just wondered if anyone could help. I had a post on here yesterday evening, I scanned it quickly and thought I'd take it all in today. But I can't find the post. Has it been deleted? Thanks

I had the same one the other night and it disappeared!

I had the same one the other night and it disappeared!

Post #320 above explains why harris. :-)

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Just for future reference, it is obligatory to share any documents you intend to rely on in a court of law, with the opposition. So next time your opponent asks for copies, you really ought to hand them over. The only thing you do not have to hand over is the income and expenditure form (or your phone number as you can insist on them communicating with you in writing), but if the judge tells you to hand them a copy of an I&E then you have to.

There's no point in filing a defence, or writing a defence, if the claimant does not have the opportunity to see it.

Thanks for that info, I know nothing about legal matters so it all helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Colly46 said:
Hi there, hows things?

All fine thanks, you? I'm just about to post a question, what would I do without this forum? X

Hello everyone,

Hope you all had a good christmas,

I have a question I'm hoping one of you may be able to help me with.

My mortgage payment is due at the end of the month.

I had a letter from GE last week very kindly!! saying that they will not take further action if I pay £1116 plus the £250 towards my arrears. But my cmi is £1059, the extra bit is towards the charges.

In court the first time ge solicitor stated to the judge the cmi was £1059, but the second time they told the judge it was £1116.

I pointed out to the judge the larger amount was including an amount towards the charges and the judge said they are allowed to do that.

I then received a letter on Saturday from the court stating I have to pay the cmi plus £250 on or before 31st December.

But on the order there is no amount, it just says cmi plus £250.

So not sure what to pay, I don't want legal action started again for the sake of £66, but I'd much rather the £66 went towards my arrears.

I intend to challenge the charges but this will take a while.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks in advance :)

I've just reread the court order and it states current monthly instalment plus £250....

Anyone?

The way I see it your current monthly instalment is the cmi. I don't understand why the judge should think it's ok to add payment for charges to your cmi ?

You should be writing to them to ask for the charges to be refunded (we have a letter for that).

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi pleasehelpme

The words which the judge said "they are allowed to do that' is what worries me with GE bringing eviction on arrears of charges only. I'm reclaiming my charges from GE and sending the letter tomorrow.... I am a little blind at this so hopefully we can keep each other updated with the charges progress???

GE keep referring me to the following clause in the contract

8.1 The lender can recover all expenses from the mortgagor in full (this means the lender can recover them on what is known as an 'indemnity basis'

8.2 The mortgagor must pay all expenses when the lender asks for them. Expenses will be added to the mortgage debt and will bear interest at the interest rate from the date when they incurred until the dates when they are repaid".

Best Regards

Hello, hmmmmm the ever helpful GE!!!!

The charges are wrong and GE are very underhanded popping them very quietly onto the cmi.

I distrust them so much and will no longer speak on the phone to them.

I'm glad you have done a letter,

keep in touch and me updated,

I'm going to do mine next week.

I was also thinking about contacting the Financial Ombudsman.

Did you get your letter from here?

Good luck

Just another thought, I'm so sick of how GE treat people. Who can I complain to?

Helloooo :-)

Yes i got the letter from here, I too won't talk to them by phone because I never feel very well once I have and it takes me a while to pull myself round. I will let you know what response I get from the letter I send.

Would you contact the Financial Ombudsman before you send the initial letter to GE or at the same time?

Hello,

Omg that's exactly how I feel, it's horrible isn't it?

I'm not sure, I will give it some thought. Ge offered me some of the charges back in November, I replied in December via letter saying yes please......but no acknowledgement, or response or money refunded!!! Surprise surprise!!

Are GE trying to evict you ? :(

Hi

Yes, I'm in court tomorrow morning as

GE are saying I am in arrears.

It is the charges amount I am in arrears but not the actual CMI, but

I can demonstrate I have kept in front with my CMI payments,

infact for the CMI I have over paid by £156.

What worries me is what the judge said to you by saying they allowed to do that about the charges.

Ive sent my charges letter now so I will see what response I receive from them.

When I have gone through things I can see things like in the same month they have applied solicitor charges

they have also applied the administration charge (i think I have read somewhere this shouldn't happen),

when they have been collecting by direct debit they were applying administration charges.

I am even receiving administration charges currently on the account because there are outstanding charges

(arrears what they add onto the CMI)

and I haven't made a payment arrangement with them because I am disputing them.

When you queried the charges did you ever receive a response for the difference between "additional interest'

and 'additional interest SI' these are in addition to the normal 'interest' on the loan?

unless it is within the period of a court case that they latterly WON

they CANNOT add solicitors costs.

any fees, [arrears/letter/debt management visit etc etc]

can be reclaimed at theirint rate

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello,

I'm confused, so why are they taking you to court?

Horrid lot!!

I don't know the ins and outs but they can't charge their charges. They will add their additional interest on to anything!! Good luck tomorrow and let us know how you get on :)

dx100uk said:
unless it is within the period of a court case that they latterly WON

they CANNOT add solicitors costs.

any fees, [arrears/letter/debt management visit etc etc]

can be reclaimed at theirint rate

Hello,

I thought I could claim all back except solicitors and court fees.

I can't find the letter template on here

I'm off to buy a new printer tomorrow to get cracking on with reclaiming them.

And am I correct in thinking that if the charges are refunded, the interest payable on the charges will 'disappear?'