Igroup/GE Mortgage + secured Loan + now Engage- beat GE Repo - now Engage Repo **WON** Want to reclaim charges

Pleasehelpme26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 821 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry to be a pain on a Sunday evening, but I just wondered on a few things:

1. If the judge says no to my defence, will I have to leave on the 27th?

2. When I take the form ect into court, will I be given a date straight away?

3. Will GE see my defence before the hearing?

4. What should I wear?

Thanks again, what would I do without you x

1. If the judge says no to my defence, will I have to leave on the 27th? - If by any chance it doesn't go in your favour ask the judge for time to move as you have a small child whose medical condition needs to be considered.

2. When I take the form ect into court, will I be given a date straight away? Usually they will be able to give you a date there and then , take the eviction notice with you so they know you need a hearing before that date- don't forget to ask if they have duty legal advisers.

3. Will GE see my defence before the hearing? Yes, the court will send them a copy

4. What should I wear? just wear what you're comfortable in, smart casual will be fine

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Yes, everything went OK. Followed the advice on here, stopped the OH from handing the keys back and the mortgage company got a severe telling off. Didn't hear half of it due to being gobsmacked by the judges initial comments to them. Slightly different circumstances to you but the feelings of knowing you are not alone was truly wonderful and heartwarming.

A question for the experts but of use to anyone going to court. Before I saw the judge I was approached by GE's representative and we went for a chat in a private room. I kept my cards pretty close to my chest knowing that he's not there to help me, but on the whole ,is it a good idea to talk to them or refuse the offer?

The rep for the lender will almost always try to talk to you - usually these reps are from local law firms who do not know the whole story and will only have received basic information from the lender at the last minute - they will try and get more information from you. The best advice is that if you feel uncomfortable or nervous then just say you would rather wait for the judge to decide. If you do decide to listen to them (note I said listen not talk), don't respond to any of their questions unless it is in your favour.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hello, thanks for all your supportive comments, it means a lot.

Ell-enn so sorry but I have a few questions:

Would it be at all possible to email the form and the witness statement to my email address?

The income/ expend is last months so there is a month less to run in each mortgage. Should I update?

And finally, looking at all my letters from ge, they have been increasing my monthly instalment each month to take into account the fees and additional interest. Do I have to get the monthly payment less this. Can ge add this onto the monthly cmi? Thanks

Hi No, they can't add the fees into the monthly payment - they are separate issues. We need to alter the statement so you can tell the judge this. Back shortly.

I thought you'd already completed the N244 form - I posted it on the thread last week and I thought you were just awaiting the statement?

Ok I will wait to hear from you. I'm so sorry to be a pain. No I was at my sons school and then had the weekend from hell. I can't log into this forum on my comp so I can't print out the bits I need to.

The letters I have go.... Following a review of your account your montly instalment has increased to.......

We have made these changes to include repayment of your fee balance of........

So I haven't got a clue what my cmi is.

I called Friday and got a figure, but I don't know what element of that is the fee balance .

Really appreciate your time, thank you.

Hi can you email me again at Ell-enn@consumeractiongroup.co.uk (no space between the c and o) so I know I definitely have the correct email address.

Ring them back and ask what your actual CMI is - if they won't tell you ask for the name of the person you spoke to and write it down together with the date and time of your phone call.

Right I have called and got a figure minus the charges. When I called in on Friday and asked I was told a higher figure. No mention that the fees were included in that.

The chap I spoke to today clarified the higher figure is with the fees included.

It just gets better...

Do I put mine and my husbands name on the n244? Only one of us will go to court, thanks

Put both names on the N244 as it is a joint mortgage - but it's OK for just one of you to go to the hearing.

Label them Appendix 1a

Make sure you have a copy of it all for yourself so you can refer to it in the hearing.

Also,

Remember you will need £45 in cash for the court fee when you hand it in

Take the eviction warrant with you

Ask if there are any duty legal advisers at court on the day of your hearing

Hello everyone,

have been to court and dropped everything off,

paid in cash and have a receipt.

Lady was so snotty said she couldn't give me a date as the clerk wasn't in today.

So will post to me.

Said we'd have to be squeezed in and there would be no duty person for me!!!

What if it's the same day as the eviction and the judge goes against me?

I was ok, panicking again now :(

Hello everyone, have been to court and dropped everything off, paid in cash and have a receipt. Lady was so snotty said she couldn't give me a date as the clerk wasn't in today. So will post to me.Said we'd have to be squeezed in and there would be no duty person for me!!! What if it's the same day as the eviction and the judge goes against me? I was ok, panicking again now :(

She's going to post to you ??? ring the court every morning and ask if they have a date for you yet - they'll soon get you a hearing if you keep ringing them !

Yes, post!!! She was useless. I will keep calling but they never answer and it's about 40 miles away.

Sorry capt slog I missed your post. Glad all went ok for you :) I'm nervous, I've never been inside a court building until today. This forum is wonderful, I can't thank you all enough x

All courts have a contact email address, check out your local court homepage and email them if they won't answer. Type in your postcode here for the address:

https://courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/

The court hearing will take place in a room with a large table, you won't be in the dock on trial. The judge will be at one end and the solicitor for the otherside will be opposite. If the otherside try to do deals in the waiting area just take note, get them to tell the judge what the offer is and discuss it first, its your hearing have your say and present the evidence as you present your case. Don't worry its not like court on Coronation street.

Edited by ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Lol northernbloke no I won't!! I will call in the morning and email as well. My main concern is that fact the stupid lady said its likely to be on the day of the eviction. And what if I lose my house? By the time I drive home the baliff will be here :( Thanks Ell-enn x

Thanks ukaviator, it helps to know what to expect. I just wish I'd come away with a date 😕

Have emailed the court, I will call in the morning as well x

Colly46, how did it go today? X