UKPCL ANPR PCN - overstay - MCDONALDS· WAKEFIELD 2 569, DEWSBURY ROAD WAKEFIELD WF2 9BY

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

I have just received a parking offence through the post from McDonalds.

On the 17th April 2022 I was parked in McDonalds from 09:32:28 until 11:52:30 a time of 2 hours 20 minutes.

The car park was relatively empty the whole time.

I was parked there, because after a large night out the night before, I took 2 of my girl mates to maccies.

They were extremely hungover, and we were literally eating McDonalds / in maccies.

We bought food multiple times over the time period. 

I have received a £50 parking offence from McDonalds as apparently, the maximum time you are allowed to be parked in Maccies for is 1 hour 30 minutes.

I have never heard of such rubbish.

The fine is from UKPC (UK Parking Control Ltd) 

How do I fight this?

I wouldn't mind if I was just parked there and gone elsewhere, but we were literally in the McDonalds, buying food repeatedly. 

Happy to provide any and all information required. 

Thanks, 

Ryan 

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

It isn't a fine, it's just an invoice.

Unless they have used the word 'fine' on their invoice?

Ignore UKPC for the moment, and get in touch with Maccies and have them cancel the ticket.

Don't get fobbed off with ''it's nothing to do with us, we can't cancel these tickets'' absolute rubbish, they can and they do cancel these tickets because they lose customers otherwise.

Can you scan it up but ensure you redact ALL identifiers, VRN Ref No's etc and fill this in please.

Edited by Bazooka Boo
  • Like 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi @Bazooka Boo, Thanks for the response. It doesn't use the word "fine" but does use the phrase "parking charge". 

I've called the maccies multiple times, but they do not answer the phone.. it's one quite a long way away from me, so not one I can go to, to chat to the manager either. 

I will keep trying to get through, but if that consistently fails, what's the next steps? 

Try emailing them also, fill out the sticky so others can advise you later.

DO NOT appeal or correspond with UKPC, the ONLY time you need do anything is ''IF'' they send you a claim form,

But this will do the usual rounds of powerless DCA's before they even look at claim forms.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPCL ANPR PCN - overstay -

If you get no luck with the local branch then e-mail the CEO  https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-8918

Obviously include proof of purchase and lay it on thick that you "overstayed" as you were spending a load of money in McDonalds, which is surely what they want!

And as Bazooka Boo has already asked, please fill in the sticky, we may well have threads on this car park and there is likely to be a lot wrong legally with the fleecers' paperwork.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The CEO of McDonald's is below

Alistair.Macrow@uk.mcd.co.uk

He certainly has the power to quash the ticket. Just explain to say how much you were enjoying your time there and how much you all spent as well as saying that you are quite often visitors to McDonalds. 

It would have helped had you posted up the questions above which would have included the PCN itself. Quite often they are not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act. In fact you would be better to wait until we have seen the PCN and the actual time you were over the time limit as you could use that for additional ammunition to put and end to the PCN.

please complete this:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

can we have the reverse of the letter too please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes you can write to the CEO now.

The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of  Freedoms  Act 2012. The wording is wrong for a start.  Under Schedule 4 section 9 [2][f] it states 

"(f)warn the keeper that if, after the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice is given—

(i)the amount of the unpaid parking charges specified under paragraph (d) has not been paid in full, and

(ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver,

the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid;"

That is not quite what the PCN says but in any event all the applicable conditions have not been met.

The PCN has to publish the period of parking within which the alleged breach occurred. Instead UKPC have used the arrival and departure times taken from the cameras. This is not the period of parking as obviously it takes time and includes driving from the entrance, finding a parking space and then actually parking, which is then followed by moving the car out of the parking space and making way to the exit.

On busy times, or if some occupants of the car are children requiring removal and replacing seat belts and some disabled may have wheel chairs to take out the car and replace them later, all adds to the time which is required to be called the parking period. So by taking that time away from the PCN quoted time and a ten minute grace period as a minimum that twenty minutes can be eaten up so no breach occurred.

• 2 months later...

Hi, 

I have tried the branch at the time and they were no use; they just kept saying there was nothing they could do, it was clear I was not going to get anywhere with them. 

I have today received another letter - attached - dated for 18th July with a threat to transfer to solicitors if I don't pay £170. (I have also received other letters demanding £170 which I have just ignored, I can provide them too if needed). 

I also today emailed Alistair on that email provided above (McD CEO) but it hit a delivery master failure issue and wouldn't send. 

I also looked at filling out the sticky, but it seems excessively complicated and the thread is blocked for replies, so I havent done that. 

Please advise on what next steps I should take, 

Thanks, 

Ryan 

Update - I tried the other link for emailing the CEO, note the CEO email is Alistair.Macrow@uk.mcd.com (not .co.uk) 

However, he is out of office until August 9th. 

I doubt very much that no-one will check the e-mails of the CEO of McDonald's until 9 August!

I'm bemused as to why you e-mailed him today rather than nearly three months ago when we gave you the address.

As for the fleecers' threats - they haven't sent a Letter of Claim so you can ignore their bluster.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I also looked at filling out the sticky, but it seems excessively complicated and the thread is blocked for replies, so I havent done that. 

The sticky says to copy and paste the questions into your thread [this one] and to add your answers in red. If you take it slowly, it's not that hard to fill in. This is important information for us, so please give it a go.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi @lookinforinfo 

The email is .com rather than .co.uk - I got through eventually. However I got a response from customer services (rather than the CEO) - see below: 

Michael Kelly (McDonald’s Customer Services)

25 Jul 2022, 11:24 BST

Dear Ryan,

I am writing further to your email which has been passed for my attention regarding your visit to our Charlton restaurant. I have noted your comments and welcome the opportunity to confirm our policy on this matter.

As a company, putting in place enforcements within our car parks is only done after careful consideration and very much as a last resort. Primarily, we use parking measures to ensure there are spaces available for our customers’ vehicles, as well as to deter unwarranted or unreasonably prolonged usage of the facility.

I can confirm this parking area is managed by an independent company who are responsible for monitoring the car park and taking details of registration numbers. The regulations and signs at the restaurant clearly state the policy and the relevant charges.

I trust you will appreciate that in order to maintain a consistent approach; we have to adhere to the guidelines in place regardless of whether you were in the restaurant for the duration of the stay or not. As such, in a situation such as a clear contravention of parking regulations, we are unable to deal with any specifics or cases on an individual basis. Suffice to say, if a customer contravenes the clearly displayed parking regulations, they will receive a ticket.

Thank you for contacting us and again for the opportunity to comment and if you do wish to pursue the matter, this will need to be done by following the appeals process outlined on the parking ticket.

Kind regards,

Michael Kelly
Senior Customer Services Manager
Customer Services Team

McDonald's UK Customer Services
11 - 59 High Road
East Finchley
London
N2 8AW

@honeybee13 I will look again at the sticky and try to get it filled out. 

@lookinforinfo and @FTMDave so while it's not valid, I don't want to keep receiving threatening letters - how do you advise I get them to just go away... or is it literally a case of constantly ignoring them? If they send a claim form, what happens then? The most recent letter does say that they are passing the case to solicitors, which upon googling are legit / do have the power to take people to court apparently? 

What do you advise, 

Thanks, 

Ryan 

Letter of claim first..

Dx

and they

That's a disgraceful reply from McDonald's.  However, it was worth a try.

You can't magically stop UKPC from writing to you (unless you give in).

However, as dx says, unless/until they send you a Letter of Claim it's all hot air from paper tigers.

Come back here if a LoC arrives.

Hi @FTMDave, @dx100uk

What is the likelihood I should receive a letter of claim, and once received, will I need any documentation? If so, I'd like to start preparing this in advance so I'm not under time pressure. I did read the LoC thread you linked above, and noticed you said for PCNs if a LoC is received, then ask for a suitable snotty letter - is that then the end of the process? (Do you have a good example of similar forum/situation you know of)

I'd also like to know, can this actually result in having to go to court to settle this? 

Thanks, 

Ryan

I'm sorry to say that your questions indicate that you haven't really read any other threads apart from your own. It's only by reading up that you'll understand how the private parking industry functions.

If you get a letter before claim, sending a snotty letter is a way to let them know you'll be trouble if it goes to court. But it doesn't always work and we've seen plenty of claimforms here after a snotty letter has been sent.

We'd like to prepare as well so please could you have another try with the initial information I asked for a few days ago

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

1 Date of the infringement 17/04/2022

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] Not sure what "NTK" is, but "Parking Charge Date" : 22/04/2022

3 Date received Letter received: 22/05/2022

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No, don't think so

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? There is a photo of my vehicle leaving the car park.

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No, I have not responded to it. I have emailed McDonalds; response to that is in thread above. 

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up n/a

7 Who is the parking company? McDonalds car park; ticket is from UK Parking Control LTD (UKPC) 

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] McDonalds - Wakefield 2 - 569 - McDonalds Carpark, Dewsbury Road, Wakefield, WF2 9BY

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

Parking on Private Land Appeals (POPLA

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS.

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

• "Final Warning" letter from ZZPS requesting £170 dated 20/06/2022
  • "Notice of transfer to solicitors" letter from GCTTCertificated Enforcements Agents dated 18/07/2022

Date of infringement - 17/04/22

Date of PCN - 22/04/22

Date of Notification Letter - 22/05/22

Date of Debt Collection Notice Letter - 06/06/22

Date of Final Warning Letter - 20/06/22

Date of Transfer to Solicitors Letter - 18/07/22

All PDFs here: 

All Pdf.pdf

• Like 1

thread tidied

so no letter of claim yet.

sit on your hands

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPCL ANPR PCN - overstay - MCDONALDS· WAKEFIELD 2 569, DEWSBURY ROAD WAKEFIELD WF2 9BY
  • 2 weeks later...

Its actually from zzps using a letter head, same printer as the last one.

obv not a letter of claim.

go read a few like threads wirh your players.

Dx

and they