Igroup/GE Mortgage + secured Loan + now Engage- beat GE Repo - now Engage Repo **WON** Want to reclaim charges

Pleasehelpme26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi phm26 (thats my code word for you) I filled in the I and E form and sent it off, just have to wait now, yet its the waiting thats the killer,it gives my brain an opportunity to go into panic mode. We are at the first stage of this awful process,our court date isnt until 19th december and i play it over and over in my mind, I have thought about you alot today, stay strong! :-)

Hi Pleasehelpme26,

I have just read this whole thread.

I have been to this type of hearing and can tell you it is all fairly relaxed. There is nothing to worry about - easy for me to say but it is true - been there got the tee-shirt etc.

It is my feeling that Judge's tend to want to help those that are trying to help themselves. The Judge's know that the big financial guys are bullies and want it all there own way. So Judge's like to look/listen to what you have on your side of the table. You will be surprised how accommodating a Judge will be for you. They know it's not easy for you and is very distressing. So please remember that Mr Bully is highly unlikely to get all his own way - believe me on this. Have confidence, stay strong, have faith and keep calm.

The advise, help and support that Ell-enn is giving you is spot on - she is an expert in my humble view. Put your trust in Ell-enn and please do as she tells you and you will WIN.

All the other guys on this thread/site are amazing people. They all have there own speciality and offer wonderful help and support.

Please keep on going and try and stay focused on defeating Mr Bully.

Please do keep doing as Ell-enn tells you and follow her advise to the letter and you will not go wrong.

I am so looking forward to you beating Mr Bully - its a great feeling and YOU WILL.

With all good wishes

HTA

Hello HTA,

Thank you so much for taking the time to send me your support. I'm so grateful to you all xx

And what a wonderful person Ell-enn is, I literally do exactly as she says.

We've had the most awful few years with so much loss, ( death) GE know this and still continue despite offers of repayment as our circumstances have now changed for the better.

I just need a date now as it's hanging over me every waking hour.

Thanks again x

Lol colly46, much shorter!!

I thought it was 19th November.

Thanks for your support and for thinking of me.

I'm not going to be bullied any longer, but these lenders should be ashamed if themselves xx

Hi, make sure you ring the court this morning and if they can't give you a date ask when they will be able to as you are suffering from severe stress due to not knowing !

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Which court is it?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ok will do, is it unusual to send in the post?

I did email last night as well. The bailiffs letter came in the post as well, we still haven't had one hand delivered. Imagine if it got lost in the post!! X

Salisbury, Wiltshire

I've just called the court and spoken to 2 different people. If there is no clerk they are unable to set a date and she's not in today either. So the answer I have is that I will be squeezed in on/before 27th and will be notified by post.....

Hi again Pleasehelpme26,

You are very welcome.

How frustrating not been able to have simple thing such as a date.

Am sure Ell-enn will have some more helpful advice.

Great, positive news about things changing for the better - thats the way.

BTW, the other-side's solicitor in my case was a really pleasant chap - I actually liked him!!! Just goes to show...

Have a good day and stay POSITIVE.

HTA x

Given that the post can take 2 or 3 days to arrive it is just not good enough - the letter could arrive on the 27th !!! . Ring back and ask to speak to the court manager and explain the stress you are suffering - tell them you will be ringing then every morning until you get a date and if you don't get confirmation of a date by Friday morning you will be making a complaint to HMCS

Ok Ell-enn will do. Deep breath 1,2,3........ Xx

Plus we don't receive our post until about 11.30am and the court is an hour away!!

HTA positive vibes received! Thanks :) x

Just had a lovely letter from ge, saying they have an eviction date. Want all arrears plus all outstanding costs and expenses then they will cancel. Goes onto say if we can't pay the requested amount, they may be able to help!!! lol By considering a lump sum with ongoing proposals. Then says all items in house must be removed before the eviction date, if not everything will be removed and disposed of!!! And I will be charged. Do I respond? Thanks

Oh and also a letter in my loan account saying it's been reviewed and my monthly installment has increased to include repayment of my fee balance!!! So greedy

Just had a lovely letter from ge, saying they have an eviction date. Want all arrears plus all outstanding costs and expenses then they will cancel. Goes onto say if we can't pay the requested amount, they may be able to help!!! lol By considering a lump sum with ongoing proposals. Then says all items in house must be removed before the eviction date, if not everything will be removed and disposed of!!! And I will be charged. Do I respond? Thanks

No point in replying - you've sent them enough correspondence and they haven't taken any notice.

Hello, just to update you all. I have a date for the hearing, it's Monday 25th at 10am. Is there anything else that I need to do? I didn't put letter in confirming my husbands new job. Shall I take that in with me? Thanks

And what time should I get to court?

Hello again

Great news about your date, here are a few tips for your day.

Don't Miss Your Court Date.

Do not be late. Being late can make you anxious and unable to do your best in front of the judge.

Allow Plenty of Time to Get to Court. You should arrive at the courtroom 1 hour before your hearing time. Consider the traffic, weather, parking, frequency of the bus.

Bring your files. You should have a file with copies of all papers you and the other side have filed with the court, or given to each other.

Bring a notepad and pens for taking notes during the hearing.

Bring an outline of what you want to say. As you cover each point, check it off. Before you conclude, look back to see if you covered each point.

Bring your evidence. all court orders letters, any proof of arrears charges etc.Before you leave, re-read the most important documents, including your witness statement and any submissions you are planning to make to the court. It is particularly useful to practise saying aloud, either to yourself or to a friend or family member, the key things that you want to tell the court.

During the hearing you should listen carefully, ask permission of the Judge to speak, talk directly to the judge and not the other side, avoid arguing with or interrupting another person, and control your emotions. When you talk to the Judge, start by saying "Your Honour". Speak loudly and clearly and remember that only one person can speak at a time.

Before you leave court make sure you understand what happens next. Do you need to come back for another court hearing? Do you need to prepare a written legal argument or proposed court order?Do you need to take other steps or actions? That's why the notebook and pen come in handy.

Dress smart / casual, don't chew gum and turn your mobile off.

Ask someone you know and trust to come to court with you. They may be able to help you keep calm and focused, assist you in keeping your papers together, and help with taking notes. They will normally be able to sit with you in court, although they will not normally be

able to speak for you.

Try and stay calm you are not a criminal on trial here.Hopefully things will go very well for you.

• Haha 2

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Yes this can happen. It all depends on the listings allocated for the day. Sometimes there are bail hearings etc put in early the day before and will put hearing times out of sequence and sometimes move cases elsewhere.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Just had letter in post from court confirming time and date. But there is also a please note at the bottom of the letter, it says that the claim may be released to another judge, possibly at a different court. Is that standard? Thanks

Yes, it is nothing to worry about. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think some bank staff are now in a simular situation due to bank redundencies.

WARNING TO ALL

Most certainly take the letter about your husband's new job with you - you will need a couple of photocopies too. When you are in the hearing, wait for the judge to finish speaking then say "Sir/or Madam, may I please give you additional information" then just hand over the copy letter, give a copy to the rep for the other side at the same time.

Stay hearings are heard by district judges (resident and deputy), not by circuit judges, hence one addresses them as 'Sir' or 'Madam'...it is customary to add either to the END of the sentence, not the beginning. Do not ask the judge's permission to speak, he/she will come to you when they are ready to hear from you. If the other side say something that you disagree with, the judge will come back to you, if not, THEN ask if you 'may address the point made by....' (it is useful to ask the rep's name outside of court so you can use their name, if not, say 'the rep for the mortgagee' or similar).

Bail hearings are heard in criminal courts, your stay hearing is in a civil court, unless your county court deals with both matters (not the usual course of things). Stay hearings are all listed at the same time for a given day, and are slotted in to whichever judges' list has space - so don't expect to be seen at 10 am, it's very unlikely to occur.

If you can afford the CMI plus something towards the arrears, a judge is very unlikely to award possession (so long as you have proof).

Good luck.

• Haha 1

Hello and many thanks for your advice. If it wasn't for this forum I really don't know what i would have done. You all deserve so much recognition for helping us.

I have never even been in a court building ( until Tuesday) so all alien to me.

My husband has a letter with confirmation of start date and salary ect on it.

Thanks again, it's very appreciated x

Hi phm26, I'm thinking of you! I assumed it was held in a proper court room with a dock so I am enormously relieved. My date is the 19th December (deep joy) I wish I could bring it forward and get it over with,stay strong and listen to the people on here,I think they should all run for parliament!:-)

What would I do without you all?

If I lose and I have to ask the judge for time to move ect, any remote idea how long I will get? Thanks

In the unlikely event of that happening, the judge can grant you a maximum of 56 days (8 weeks) before you have to leave. They are usually quite happy to allow a reasonable period, especially where there are young children involved, so don't be afraid to ask for the full 8 weeks if the worst comes to the worst.