SAR distress claim against Parking Eye

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I may just hold off my trip a little longer haha :)

The deadline to receive the SAR was actually yesterday, so they have failed to respond.

What do I do now to initiate redress? 

Is this going to cost them now or will the ICO just give a minor slap to the wrist?

Oh right just had a quick read on their website, according to the ICO, I need to beg them a bit more and give them another month to pull their thumb out because they have failed to respond to me.

Then if they still do not respond, I can ask the ICO to give them a little slap on the wrist, there will be no punishment for them breaking the law.

I dont think I want to bother wasting my time with this nonsense.

12 minutes ago, Reapstar said:

The deadline to receive the SAR was actually yesterday, so they have failed to respond.

What do I do now to initiate redress? 

Is this going to cost them now or will the ICO just give a minor slap to the wrist?

I presume you read the thread Dave mentioned in his last post?

Well, that's what you do for redress.

We are self help here...

Aw... go on then... Dave's mini breakdown from the thread mentioned...

The steps to take would be easy enough.  1.  Letter of Claim which is nigh-on prepared on the Virgin link.  2.  Start a claim through MCOL, where you are already registered, with a short paragraph as Particulars of Claim and forking out £25 which you will get back if you win.  3.  At that point they will either ignore the court papers and lose by default after a fortnight or run to the parking association's solicitor and desperately try to defend, but I don't see how they can.

Now go read it, then come back here and let us know what you're doing.🙂

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Cheers Dave, I keep forgetting that!! 

How does this sound??

On 03/07/2023 I sent you a Subject Access Request for statutory disclosure of my personal data under the Data Protection Act.

You have failed to comply with your legal obligations.

Your breach of statutory duty is complete.

It has caused me a great deal of distress not having my data in order to defend against your vexatious and invalid claim against me.

This type of noncompliance is unacceptable therefore as a result of your failure to comply with UK Legislation and the ensuing distress this is causing me I shall be raising a County Court claim against you.

Read the post properly.

You have to give them 14 days...

I'm sure Dave will come along and set you right.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I have a couple of tiny changes to add, but firstly ...

... it's just clicked with me that the legal dispute with the charlatans is actually with your mum, therefore the spivs should have been sent the SAR to her, she will need to send the Letter of Claim, and it is she who will potentially sue them.

Is that OK?

Most of the SAR distress claims have gone through by default, but in a minority of cases the fleecers have defended, not because they have a chance of winning, but simply to mess the Cagger around, drag things out, and hope the Cagger gives up.

Also, you have a Certificate of Posting to prove you sent the SAR, right?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes!

I suggest a couple of minor changes in red -

LETTER OF CLAIM

On 03/07/2023 I sent you a Subject Access Request for statutory disclosure of my personal data under the Data Protection Act.

It has caused me a great deal of distress not having my data in order to defend against your vexatious and invalid claim against me.

This type of non-compliance is unacceptable therefore as a result of your failure to comply with English Legislation and the ensuing distress this is causing me, if you do not completely satisfy my SAR within 14 days  I shall be raising a County Court claim against you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

As long as you have a free Certificate of Posting, it's fine.

No, what you got was fine.

Once you have received the proof of posting in the App, it acts in the same way as a proof of posting or stamped certificate of posting received in a Post Office branch or a Royal Mail Customer Service Point. 

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/367/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNjkxMDYxMjQ1L2dlbi8xNjkxMDYxMjQ1L3NpZC9mVUhkVTM1MUhYMldWZUF6V3NWaGxhRTBocXlkT2FuYjhPMElBQm14TE1xVWJsd3owNlFZYkJfa0xLMkpJMWNYWWxfNnMzSTdkNnVvcnIwTjRnV3IyRm1VZ2VIUGQ1ckJQQm1hUjZGOE5LUVVXWGpuelBRS3hLekElMjElMjE%3D

• Like 1

I do read up but each case and situation is different, I just want to be sure I make no mistakes

Back on track! :)

It is mentioned that I should complain to the ICO but the ICO are expecting me to have waited the 30 days and to give them another 30-60 days grace period before contacting the ICO?

As for the sar 30 days fail simply write and give them 14 days to comply else you will complain to the ico without further notification

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, luckily just had confirmation I am ok to travel :) 

I am still awaiting a response to the £35 offer, I didn't give them a deadline for that offer though, if that makes a difference?

Cheers DX, I have notified them about the 14 day extension 

extension?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This was sent upon failure to satisfy the 30 day time limit for responding to the SAR.

Dear Sir/Madam,

GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS - SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

RE: VEHICLE REG  : YOUR REF 

This type of non-compliance is unacceptable therefore as a result of your failure to comply with English Legislation and the ensuing distress this is causing me, if you do not completely satisfy my SAR within 14 days I shall be raising a County Court claim against you.

Yours faithfully,

I have POP for this as well as advised.

Hey Nicky, I believe the LoC should be issued to PE on the 15th day after sending the above 14 day notice (should they not respond) along with raising a claim on MCOL for £25? 

Edited by Reapstar

you either need to decide if you complain to the ICO or goto court.

ideally you should not be issuing a letter of claim before you involve the ICO...IMHO.

as the authority that can enforce sar non compliance wont ever know about the court claim good or bad.

its important to always involve the regulators FIRST. then they have a record of the firms compliance failure. the more they get, the more likely they will act against them. 

a fine for non compliance by the ICO is FAR FAR more damaging to them than a court claim.

dx

• Like 1

and they

Yes, you could prep the Particulars of Claim on mcol ready to click off on day15.

You could draft something up and put it up her for the guys to look at.

(Bit early yet though?)

• Like 1