Fracking gets go-ahead in UK for first time since 2011 as North Yorkshire council approves plans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure about fracking on a small island.

Whats to not be sure about

It was stopped because small scale fracking caused Eathquakes

In America water tables have become polluted killing wildlife and harming children

Rivers can be LITERALLY set on fire by throwing matches in them - once all the dead fish have floated downriver

Its monstrous

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

Whats to not be sure about

It was stopped because small scale fracking caused Eathquakes

In America water tables have become polluted killing wildlife and harming children

Rivers can be LITERALLY set on fire by throwing matches in them - once all the dead fish have floated downriver

Its monstrous

That's because the yanks are stupid and care not or take any precautions. We are different, so get on with it and make the country rich.

That's because the yanks are stupid and care not or take any precautions. We are different, so get on with it and make the country rich.

Same companies, same people, same techniques.

So to partly agree with you, same stupid or at least self-serving kind of people promoting it

The government is allowing - correction promoting - this despite no firm information to the public on what chemicals they will be injecting

It aint just water.

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

Conniff, I've said before that will not happen :)

I have a mental picture of all of us Scots cackling to ourselves and rubbing our hands with glee as we conspire to defraud England out of its oil.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I have a mental picture of all of us Scots cackling to ourselves and rubbing our hands with glee as we conspire to defraud England out of our oil.

I've corrected your grammar there antone

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/2016/05/pennsylvania_gas_blast_reverbs_in_massachusetts

US gas fireball fuels shale critics and agitates energy markets

043016gas003.jpg

https://next.ft.com/content/768b3be4-1018-11e6-91da-096d89bd2173

All the same people, all the same poisons, all the same profit at any cost to others

I'm going to update my reply to this:

The 'stupid uncaring yanks' as you put it are at least pressing to increase regulation on fracking

Obama has started, and even fracking supporter Hilary Clinton says more regulation is needed

https://next.ft.com/content/ff209b52-1860-11e6-bb7d-ee563a5a1cc1

Whereas the UK's Cameron is going ALL OUT resisting the EU attempts to make fracking safer

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...letters-reveal

So it would seem those promoting fracking in the UK are stupider and more uncaring than the stupid and uncaring yanks (in your terms)

In Australia too

USA

Really enjoying this thread.It is good that people are having friendly banter,and saying how they feel.

Just popped in as i have not been around much been studying Earth Penetrating Tomography,wondering if it has any effect on Whales.

They keep getting lost,something is interfering with their migration patterns,does not make sense.Electromagnetic fields,and many other things.Better leave that for now,need to study more.

Need a geologist to answer that one.

Wondering if this is used in any way for searching for other things.Strange noises in Yorkshire and Lancashire,strange noises in the sky around the world does make people wonder a few things.

Better put the link on to explain for those that wonder what the hell i am on about.

Perhaps My Most Unusual Thread Ever-Strange Noises From the sky

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?464396-Perhaps-My-Most-Unusual-Thread-Ever-Strange-Noises-From-the-sky.

Why did i just pop in,oh yes,i am also looking at effects on nature that fracking has. Already that damn earth tremor shook my fish supper off the table back in 2011,a lighter thought for moment,i apologise. Last thing i want is a ditch,a stream a river or the sea to get polluted.Do you think in Britain this has already happened.

Must have been dreaming when someone told me it had,when a overflow happened and a fellow ended up in a ditch.A right old panic ensued.

No,must have been dreaming.

Nature to possibly be affected.Which if you think about things in the smallest way possible it must do.

More research,i am off now.

Will check out this thought around the world.See what may or may not have happened already.To nature,which could affect us all.

I suppose many will feel i am a little eccentric,fair enough,but not mad yet.Well i hope not.

Going to lie in a darkened room for a while.

The people will win this war on Fracking,a battle may have been lost.How that happened is beyond me, but the war is nowhere near over.

We will see,i have complete faith in the Power Of The People,the sleeping giants,but when roused,watch out.

As i have said,no need for me to write anything at the moment everything i would have said people are saying already.I Like what has been written,you know what i think of things and no need to mention names.I will message them and say great posts you are putting on.

Just having a cool drink out of my Tobyjug:wink:

I'm going to update my reply to this:

The 'stupid uncaring yanks' as you put it are at least pressing to increase regulation on fracking

Obama has started, and even fracking supporter Hilary Clinton says more regulation is needed

https://next.ft.com/content/ff209b52-1860-11e6-bb7d-ee563a5a1cc1

Whereas the UK's Cameron is going ALL OUT resisting the EU attempts to make fracking safer

So it would seem those promoting fracking in the UK are stupider and more uncaring than the stupid and uncaring yanks (in your terms)

In Australia too

USA

So they can roast their dinner for free, what's wrong with that.

So they can roast their dinner for free, what's wrong with that.

It will be the latest gastropub cuisine: "Rib eye steak, lightly seared in diesel fuel and served with an arsenic infused egg and cadmium coated fries".

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It’s not over yet: Campaigners fight on after North Yorkshire fracking plan is approved

Anyone know if any of these people who voted it through have connections to the Fracking industry.Well you can ask,just a question.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/environment/it-s-not-over-yet-campaigners-fight-on-after-north-yorkshire-fracking-plan-is-approved-1-7927500

Yorkshire people,the ones i have met do not give up easily.

I do not believe this is over at all.We will see.

Comment i have read.

The Third Energy - owned by Barclays fracking application is no more than wishful thinking. They cant control nature and they cant control the people who will be 'treating' their chemically contaminated backflow waste water.

Just one minor earthquake caused by a frack can crack well shafts and change the underground geology, causing contamination of groundwater and enable methane and toxic gasses to escape. Repeated quakes will cause damage to buildings, infrastructure and more contamination. The EVIDENCE of this can be found all over the USA and in the Netherlands gas exploitation has been limited due to frequent earthquakes that have damaged buildings.

http://swtimes.com/news/state-news/oklahoma-takes-action-fracking-related-earthquakes-it-s-too-late-critics-say

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/spike-in-earthquakes-rattles-oklahoma-oil-gas-industry/

http://earthquaketrack.com/p/united-states/oklahoma/recent

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/oct/10/shell-exxon-gas-drilling-sets-off-earthquakes-wrecks-homes

Read more: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/yp-comment-a-new-frontier-for-fracking-1-7927179#ixzz49k0HAPYW

Chemical used in fracking

https://fracfocus.org/chemical-use/what-chemicals-are-used

A few of the chemical sre

Hydrochloric Acid007647-01-0Helps dissolve minerals and initiate cracks in the rockAcid

Glutaraldehyde 000111-30-8 Eliminates bacteria in the water that produces corrosive by-products Biocide

Quaternary Ammonium Chloride 012125-02-9 Eliminates bacteria in the water that produces corrosive by-products Biocide

Tetrakis Hydroxymethyl-Phosphonium Sulfate 055566-30-8 Eliminates bacteria in the water that produces corrosive by-products Biocide

http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/gasland/synopsis.html

'If you are worried about the price of gas, just wait until your water costs twice that

hmmm

my crystal ball is clearing

i forsee water board workers digging across the access to the fracking site to get at the pipes. they appear to be leaving the hole but concealing it by some 2"x1"s plywood and a layer of tarmac. The cars visiting the site pass over fine, poor mr lorry man however never made it over

the 2" high pressure feed valve used to pump high pressure water deep under ground appears to have got blocked causing a backflow of pressure that has split the pipe in several places, it appears someones dropped ball bearings in the water flow...

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Moving into the realms of 'Remain' here with made up scare stories.

Rubbish.

Nothing made up about the pollution of water tables and rivers

and nothing made up about the extra cost to replace those fracking polluted water sources

Can you name the waters polluted by fracking please ??

Look yourself. You claim any source, be it IFS, FT, or Stephen Hawking is false if it doesn't agree with your rubbish.

You are never one to let any facts affect your opinion.

... but I'm Afraid you wont find it in the IDS or Camerons newsletters, just like you wont find Cameron stating he is ensuring that in or out the EU, he will do his best to ensure big business will have free rein to poison our country for ia small group of peoples profit

So yet another post where you made claims but can't back them up and are now trying to twist it in a different direction.

More rubbish Con-niff

There are facts and links galore in this thread, including in the link you claim is a different direction - follow through why the EU wants to impose tighter controls, as does Obama as does even fracking supporter Clinton

but not Cameron - oh no

Hi Conniff,nice to hear from you.

I like it when people come on perhaps with opposing views,or just want to ask questions.

I have made my position clear but welcome others thoughts,for Fracking or against.

In my limited experience i have to read quite a lot.To see what has happened elsewhere.To form a opinion as we all have to.

So a link that some may want to read,whether you believe it or not.

Of course i have to go to America as my first port of call.

Fracking and water pollution

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Fracking_and_water_pollution

More rubbish Con-niff

There are facts and links galore in this thread, including in the link you claim is a different direction - follow through why the EU wants to impose tighter controls, as does Obama as does fracking supporter Clinton

I don't care what the paper says, you made a claim that water bills will raise and be double what gas costs and it's because of pollution of rivers and lakes, all I asked was for you to name

one of these rivers or lakes but it seems you can't.

I don't know why you are bringing Clinton and Obama into this, we aren't the US.

You are never one to let any facts affect your opinion.

But that is the whole point, you haven't presented any facts in this or the EU thread, not one.

Edited by Conniff

watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4LBjSXWQRV8

I don't care what the paper says,

I don't know why you are bringing Clinton and Obama into this, we aren't the US.

Thats where the experience and the evidence is,

Too late once they've been allowed to poisen this small island, and cause earthquakes in mining regions

Thats where the experience and the evidence is,

Too late once they've been allowed to poisen this small island, and cause earthquakes in mining regions

See, there you go again, making claims but not giving any evidence or backing them up. Unless you are prepared to put your money where your mouth is, I suggest you

stop making these silly claims.