Fracking gets go-ahead in UK for first time since 2011 as North Yorkshire council approves plans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

See, there you go again, making claims but not giving any evidence or backing them up. Unless you are prepared to put your money where your mouth is, I suggest you

stop making these silly claims.

Stop posting rubbish Conniff

As already stated, there is reams and reams of links and evidence in this thread

- no matter how much you try to deny or ignore it.

or are you just trying your regular tactic of trying to get a thread YOU dont like closed with your edit

Edited by Conniff

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

Where is the rubbish, all I ask it for evidence to your claims and you are not prepared to show it, so we have to take it that there is none.

Any rubbish is from your pen and just made up by you.

Where is the rubbish, all I ask it for evidence to your claims and you are not prepared to show it, so we have to take it that there is none.

Any rubbish is from your pen and just made up by you.[/quote

A pen,i am still using a quill.Think we need to calm down a touch,but up to you.I am gone now for the day,a walk along the shoreline.Let peace break out.

Passions are sure raised by the Fracking business.Which is good really.

I have bought something,i will put a photo on soon.

For my next adventure when i go and meet the protectors at a Fracking event.

Bye.

A claim was made Tawny and I asked for proof of that claim but the claimant is not prepared to give any which leads to the only conclusion that can be made and that is the claims are false and just made up, just like Camerons and Osbornes.

Instead the claimant just ranted on and started calling names.

No I don't. They are the problems from a foreign country, one that is thousands of miles away and does not have the same safety standards as we do.

Besides that, that video is from 2011 and things have been tightened up over there.

As for the earthquake claim, there are half a million wells in the US, so why hasn't the country been devastated by earthquakes.

I don't mind being wrong, I just want some proof that the claims have backing and are not erroneous.

Edited by Conniff

No I don't. They are the problems from a foreign country, one that is thousands of miles away and does not have the same safety standards as we do.

Besides that, that video is from 2011 and things have been tightened up over there.

As for the earthquake claim, there are half a million wells in the US, so why hasn't the country been devastated by earthquakes.

I don't mind being wrong, I just want some proof that the claims are backed up and not erroneous.

Read the links already given and the deference to earthquakes in the UK is already there Conniff - as I REPEATEDLY stated. It is stated as one of the reasons for fracking being halted in the UK.

Small eathquakes - but it was small fracking.

A small earthqquake where there are mines, and buildings are not built to withstand any earthquakes can be more devastating than a far larger earthquake where they are expected and built for.

Not that you want ANY earthquakes where you are living

Already linked as I said Conniff.

Hers a larger report on the US - which you will no doubt falsely and facetiously claim isnt relevant,

and if you do I have a test for you:

There are many reports from America and Australia, among many other places, that a bullet to the head will likely kill you - please feel free to claim it isnt relevant and test on yourself

No point repeating links time after time when you dont read them anyway.

Heres a new one.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/29/investing/earthquakes-fracking-usgs-oil-gas/

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

About 200 earthquakes take place in the UK every year but not all are as large as this tremor, according to BGS seismologist David Galloway. (referring to the Kent earthquake)

We were having earthquakes hundreds of years before fracking was thought of or needed.

Kent earthquake 'causes homes to shake'

That was last year, was that caused by the Blackpool frack ?

You don't have to repeat links time after time, just name one river or lake in the UK that has been polluted by fracking and show where you got this

water double the price of gas from.

Edited by Conniff

We were having earthquakes hundreds of years before fracking was thought of or needed.

ROFL - and the link is the very first link posted by tawnyowl at the very start of the thread:

"Cuadrilla attempted to frack for shale gas near Blackpool in 2011 but was forced to halt its efforts after causing two minor earth tremors, leading to a temporary ban on the practice."

Just imagine those 'minor' earthquakes affecting a large town built near mine shafts ...

just name one river or lake in the UK that has been polluted by fracking and show where you got this

- too late once its happened like it has in the US and Australia, now isnt it, despite their very low population densities and very large areas they have to keep it away from population centers.

Now, rather than declaiming all posts and links, despite them being posted and relevant how about you add to the thread and post some credible stuff yourself that shows fracking isnt harmful to the environment if that is your stance.

Perhaps just show you drinking just one pint of fracking mix liquid and it doing you no harm whatsoever if you are truly convinced?

Perhaps ensure you have medical assistance very near by

So you still can't name a river or lake or where you got the water price increase from. Just goes to show you only post things you have made up yourself.

OZ and the US have nothing to do with this thread.

I have not said fracking is harmless, I also said I don't mind being wrong.

You need to back up what you claim.

Edited by honeybee13
Personal attack removed.

Instead of all these post trying to get one up, all you had to do was post one single word.

But more links that use the words 'could' and 'might' and is about some country half way around the world.

Note the heading of this thread - Fracking gets go-ahead in UK for first time since 2011 as North Yorkshire council approves plans - and take note of the two

most important words UK and Yorkshire

All from just this thread Conniff, and not a scrap of meaningful content from you to be found

That's because the yanks are stupid and care not.

OZ and the US have nothing to do with this thread.

Its about fracking

No I don't. They are the problems from a foreign country,

fracking is fracking

That was last year,

It was still fracking

it's just a handful making a noise and they don't really know why.

So explain

I don't care what the paper says,

We know

See, there you go again, making claims but not giving any evidence or backing them up.

Now despite what you say there I have posted many links supporting what I say (and you have quoted a number of those links despite claiming there are none ROFL) as I commonly do in all threads when I'm not just responding to one of your flames,

also many simple links just for people to consider and make their own minds up.

You on the other hand have not posted one link, let alone a meaningful one, or anything supporting any of your never ending tirades, pretty much ever ...

.. and I think that defines all we need to know about you

Water,worth talking about.

Maybe touch on another thought.Whatever thoughts or questions worth putting them down.

First water.As things get warmer and new towns are built,more water will be needed.

Already we have had droughts,i believe the South suffers the most.Suppose it is the North that will be the main experiment.

But suppose that is where most of the Gas is to be found perhaps.

A link so we can think about things that is all.

Shale and water: Is there a risk of water stress?

http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/newsdesk/energy/analysis/shale-and-water-there-risk-water-stress

If we have a drought soon which is possible what would happen.

Well the Fracking would be stopped,it sure would not have priority. If not the farmers and landowners knowing how much water is being used by Fracking companies would put a stop to things soon enough.

You can imagine how.

Why the rush into Fracking.

Also i have read about homes where you will never need to pay another heating bill.Put up in a few days and reasonably priced.

Covered firstly here on a thread.

How can we Sort the Housing Shortage out.Many are without affordable homes.Flatpacks?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?455572-How-can-we-Sort-the-Housing-Shortage-out.Many-are-without-affordable-homes.Flatpacks

But the single article here.

This build-you-own house not only means you'll never pay for gas and electricity again, but it will even charge your car – how it all works

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/meet-129600-flat-pack-home-7492437

Why the rush into Fracking,i feel we all have worries about it.Hundreds of millions of have been invested,and the investors through powerful friends will want their money back. and in my town the tremors did cause some damage.Which i read a report that said this was not reported.Straight away but you can tell me i am wrong,feel free.

Though some casing collapse was found in the lower reservoir section, well integrity has not been compromised.

Better put the link on.

PREESE HALL

SHALE GAS FRACTURING

REVIEW & RECOMMENDATIONS

FOR

INDUCED SEISMIC MITIGATION

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/15745/5075-preese-hall-shale-gas-fracturing-review.pdf

Can you imagine if it had,or may do in the future.

And really Fracking has not really started to a massive degree in Great Britain.How many wells will be required.10-20,000.

How many trucks carrying waste,chemicals etc through villages,towns,country roads.Bound to be accidents you would think.

What about the alternatives,what has happened to slow things down.Well it seems that way to some.

Better leave it there for now,but must worry us.There are safer alternatives do you not think.

Wind,Solar,Tidal better insulation as Sweden has where if the same here you would not be turning a gas fire on again. and must be many more.I am learning as well.Can easily make mistakes,if i do tell me.

And if what is happening in China this week where tens of thousands of Chinese workers are losing their jobs and being replaced by robots,well they do not require heating,all will be at home,one day soon in houses that produce their own warmth and power without blasting away below.

Things are changing fast across the world.

Have your say.I am getting rather roused again.I had better calm down.

Just read the first article from the BBC.

I have only met him once,you can see Nasty Nick as i call him on the video i put on.

At first i thought the article was a April fools stunt.I have not looked but this must surely have failed.

Let us take a look at him.I would not usually but he deserves a closer look at.

This is when he was confronted by Gayzer Frackman.

And.

What a Fracking fool.Frack off.

Or Welcome to the desolate North Nick, now Frack off.

USGS.Gov Reports on man made earthquakes (Injection-Induced Seismicity) in fracking zones in US (where the data is)

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/research/induced/

Slightly leaning off-topic, but still highly relevant I think

If they are drilling wells a couple of miles down, why are they not building geothermal energy plants

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geothermal_power_in_the_United_Kingdom

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2012/may/30/geothermal-energy-uk-power

http://www.britgeothermal.org/research/uk.html

Offer that as an alternative to fracking and I think even the more resistant would cheer

and they wont run out in a couple of years.

Interesting that in following through on info on hydro-fracking - the more extreme form of geothermal energy, which is like a more environmentally friendly hydrocarcon fracking with similar basic technique - although on a much smaller scale,

Very similar process - far less injected chemicals, and far less poisonous stuff out, far less expansion of cracks.

It would seem like it is established scientictic fact that the technique (despite being milder form of the same technique used in shale fracking) causes earthquakes and have examined a few potentially far more scary scenarios which hydrocarbon frackers seem to ignore - the potential for cracks to head toward the surface

http://www.contributoria.com/issue/2014-12/544638bda1288da64a000026/

http://www.contributoria.com/issue/2014-12/544638bda1288da64a000026/

Note these are mainly about the 'more extreme' type of geothermal energy production.

Done now with the side-step unless there is interest.

You on the other hand have not posted one link, let alone a meaningful one, or anything supporting any of your never ending tirades, pretty much ever ...

Because there are no links to be posted, I asked you one simple question, not a tirade, so lets start again shall we.

Nothing made up about the pollution of water tables and rivers

and nothing made up about the extra cost to replace those fracking polluted water sources

Can you tell us the name of the river that has been polluted please ??

Everyone can say what they feel or put your thoughts down.

I have just had a thought,rare but i do have one or two at times.

Just asked google what is Democracy.

Google answered me with this.

Democracy, or democratic government, is "a system of government in which all the people of a area and from all political party's are involved in making decisions about its affairs,

Seems a reasonable answer to myself.

So a council and the people of that area say we do not want Fracking .

They debate it,have many meetings from both sides,passions are raised then vote on it and say no way,we are not having it .

Then something strange happens,talk of no matter what your decisions made by the people and council your may be overturned.By the powerful ones

What would you feel like.

Democracy surely is most important in Great Britain and means so much to so many.

If the Govt or their ministers or representatives overrule the democratic decisions of the people what then.

There will be arguments like we have never seen before ,surely.From all political persuasions.

A link from Blackpool that says a lot more.As i say i am trying to get to grips with things.Has video.

Fracking, is the controversial method of extracting natural shale gas, by drilling down thousands of feet into the ground, and subjecting rocks to high pressure water. Lancashire County council have already voted not to let it take place in Lancashire. But, In a document leaked from the Department of the Environment, by Friends of the Earth, 3 government ministers have signed a letter outlining a project that could see fracking re-classified as "Nationally significant infrastructure." This may mean that central government could reverse Lancashire County Council's decision, and allow fracking to go ahead.

Link.

http://www.thatstv.com/lancashire/videogallery/anti-fracking-protest-in-blackpool-lancashire-headline-news/

And the video,if you do not have time to read the article.

And i will admit to perhaps being a bit behind the latest news.

I am trying to catch up.

I went on a protest to write a story of the day and take a few photos,that is all,became a little concerned and this is where i am now.

I appreciate some may feel i am not the best at this,but i am trying.

I will get to where the latest news is,i assure you.

And of course i do not mean to distress or upset anyone.

I apologise if i have.

government ministers have signed a letter outlining a project that could see fracking re-classified as "Nationally significant infrastructure." This may mean that central government could reverse Lancashire County Council's decision, and allow fracking to go ahead.

Andrea Leadsom (Conservative Energy minister): "We’re very clear that fracking is a fantastic opportunity.

Given the links already provided above showing that Cameron has promised to go 'all out' to promote fracking, and (as also already linked) that he has already battled against the EU's attempts to impose tighter regulation on fracking, it seems we are following in the US's footsteps.

What happens when even the official reports say its poisoning wells and groundwater?

It gets tied up for years while fracking continues. See here

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve-horn/dimock-penn-lawsuit-trial-bound-as-study-links-fracking-to-water-contamination-in-neighboring-county_b_7248604.html

Once it starts, how long do they produce and are there just a few wells?

See here:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-10-10/u-dot-s-dot-shale-oil-boom-may-not-last-as-fracking-wells-lack-staying-power

"Global Sustainability’s Hughes estimates the U.S. needs to drill 6,000 new wells per year at a cost of $35 billion to maintain current production."

"Production from wells bored into these formations declines by 60 percent to 70 percent in the first year alone, says Allen Gilmer, chairman and chief executive officer of Drillinginfo, which tracks the performance of U.S. wells. Traditional wells take two years to slide 50 percent to 55 percent"

and when the poisons do hit the fan who picks up the tab - even in America, its the taxpayer

http://www.gold.ac.uk/news/citizen-sense-pennsylvania-invests/

Another argument used to support fracking in the fracking capital of the world - America

Is that there was methane in the water already

Well, as they initially drill well were there is the most accessible gas -

and who would doubt that if there is some small harmless natural leakage already, that injecting millions of gallons of chemicals into the leak source at high pressure, and cracking open the earth, isnt going to force a hell of a lot more out of those initially small natural leaks?

Ever tried to pump a split bicycle inner-tube up with a high pressure air line? Duhhh

Is it sustainable energy?

in addition to the link two posts above which reports that on average, US wells have lost 50% of their production capacity in only 2 years

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/12/141219-fracking-oil-supply-price-reserves-profits-environment/

Seems to me to be short term profit for the few at a cost of very high risk of water, air (including all the heavy trucks and transporters involved in the production and delivery) and ground poisoning and earthquakes to everyone who lives anywhere near them

Those who do not learn from history are fated to repeat it.

and this is recent history we are NOT learning from.

Some really good posts there tobyjugg2.

Just been looking for some news on the Yorkshire fracking decision.And what next.

Anti-fracking camps planned in Yorkshire and Lancashire

The fracking firm Third Energy was given permission on Monday to carry out test drilling at a site in Kirby Misperton in Ryedale, North Yorkshire, despite 99% of locals opposing its application.

“The way things are going, there will be Balcombe-style camps,” he added, referring to the protests in the West Sussex village that hit the headlines in the summer of 2013.

They were ready to join locals in Kirby Misperton to fight Third Energy, said Roberts.

“We will go over there if they want us.
I’ll have to dig out a

tent.”Many may be thinking similar things.

Di Keal from Frack Free Ryedale said the group was planning a meeting on Thursday night and one of the items on the agenda would be whether to set up a protest camp.

If the fracking goes ahead, Third Energy has promised to make a “community benefit” payment of £100,000 to the community in Kirby Misperton.

xxxx xxxxx xxxx off.Sorry keyboard stuck.Edit has broken on my computer.

Lancashire.

On 4 July an independent inspector is to report to the government on whether test drilling should be able to take place on two Fylde sites, on Preston New Road and Roseacre Wood.

Much more on the link.

Anti-fracking camps planned in Yorkshire and Lancashire.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/may/25/anti-fracking-camps-yorkshire-lancashire-kirby-misperton