Fracking gets go-ahead in UK for first time since 2011 as North Yorkshire council approves plans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

preston new road is the one near garstang isn't it?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Hi Labrat.

Exact location is here,on this link.

I used to walk to it very early in the morning.Just to take a look.Take some photos etc.I left it for the last 18 months or more,but revived when i was told about the Go ahead in Yorkshire.

Others have followed things through tirelessly.They know who they are.Proud of them.The protectors.

Anyway here is the link that tells you more.

Plenty of links there that show you where,what has happened so far,exact location video etc.

PRESTON NEW ROAD COMMUNITY FRACKING BLOCKADE (NORTH WEST)

http://frack-off.org.uk/blockade/preston-new-road-community-fracking-blockade/

And latest i can find though others may know more.

Residents Action on Fylde Fracking

http://stopfyldefracking.org.uk/

Campaigners fury as planners approve fracking application without social licence

Campaigners have reacted with fury and dismay after North Yorkshire county councillors approved plans to carry out hydraulic fracturing at Kirby Misperton, near Malton.

The eleven-member Planning Committee voted 7 votes to 4 to grant planning permission to Third Energy to frack just ½ mile from the picturesque North Yorkshire village.

Over 1,000 people attended an anti-fracking rally outside the meeting at County Hall on Friday 20th at Northallerton and many returned on Monday to hear the councillors make their ruling. Nearly 4,000 letters of objection to the company’s plans were received also at the County Council, set against only 32 letters in favour.

Last week we learnt that Cuadrilla is to seek permission to drill four groundwater boreholes at the Preston New Road site, in anticipation of fracking going ahead.

Back to Yorkshire.

Grant Woodward: Under this Government, we’re well and truly fracked

YOU only have to cast your mind back a couple of years to understand how London-obsessed Tories view the North when it comes to things like fracking.

Discussing the issue in the House of Lords, Lord Howell – a former energy secretary under Margaret Thatcher – made a case for it being contained in the “desolate” counties of our region.

Still, I hear you say, what does this old duffer have to do with the current Government? Surely they see him for the crackpot he is?

Well, Lord Howell just so happens to be George Osborne’s father-in-law. Which for everyone who lets out an involuntary snort every time the words “northern” and “powerhouse” are mentioned in the same sentence probably makes a lot of sense.

Read more: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/opinion/grant-woodward-under-this-government-we-re-well-and-truly-fracked-1-7931532#ixzz49sQRTV00

Lord Howell Frack In 'Desolate' North East

Reminds me off a solicitor i had a meeting with down south.

I said,have you ever been up north.

He snorted and said yes,i have been to Cardiff.

I reminded him we do not live in caves.He was mildly shocked at this news.

I cannot have it all my own way.Here is a article that supports Fracking.Enjoy.

And have your say.

Finally fracking

IT WAS a long time coming, but all the sweeter for that. On May 23rd, the North Yorkshire County Council gave the go-ahead for a company to start hydraulic fracturing, or “fracking”, for shale gas in the village of Kirby Misperton, near Malton.

As in America, says Quentin Fisher, an expert on fracking at the University of Leeds, it will then take thousands of wells to make fracking economically viable, as each individual well yields relatively little.

There is a comment section if you would like to write something.

http://www.economist.com/news/britain/21699503-victory-onshore-oil-and-gas-industry-finally-fracking

personaly there is alot of better ways to make power

fracking seems like another way for a company to make plenty of moolah without little input alot like "charitable" businesses

if anyone would like to go the militant route i wish then good look, but dont get caught its not appreciated over here like it is in france

i would recommend talking to other areas that sympathize...

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Well i have been preparing a post in my head this afternoon but am tiring.

It was a lighter look that may make you smile at times.At times of outrage that we feel,sometimes it is best.

Busy over Bank Holiday but will try to post.But best to wait till i have prepared fully.

I have put a post on 2 above that gives their view of things.

But now back to business.

I have followed a chap in London called The Artist Taxi Driver.A very intelligent man who puts his views on things in a special way.

I have seen him in action in Manchester back in 2013 .70,000 plus people walked through the streets of Manchester that day.

So i will liven things up now for the Bank Holiday Weekend.And we can all think about things and perhaps if you feel like it ,have your say.

It is surprising me where i have been and why.But if you feel strongly about things why not.

Ladies and Gentlemen i present to you live from London in the UK

The Artist Taxi Driver with his view of things.

Fracking Tory Monsters Environmental Vandals who don't care about communities just corporations

There is also the issue that they claim it is an environmentally friendly 9fro hydrocarbons) energy source, pollution from the fracking process aside ...

Not according to Cornell universities prof Robert W. Howarth, Department of Ecology (google for pdf's), although some of his conclusions have been disputed :

http://www.eeb.cornell.edu/howarth/web/Marcellus.html

http://unionsforenergydemocracy.org/professor-robert-w-howarths-presentation-for-trade-unions-for-energy-democracy/

Leakage levels from well will always be disputed by interested parties, and downplayed by promoters, But this is science:

"Per molecule, the global warming potential of methane is far higher than that of CO2, 34 times stronger as a heat-trapping gas than CO2 over a 100-year time scale, and 86 times more powerful over a 20-year time frame, according to the Intergovernmental Panel on climate Change (IPCC).[1] Methane leakage levels of just 1.5%-3% of gas harvested would erase all of the GHG-related benefits of using gas instead of coal.[2]"

These aside

From wikipedia and my ref links and posts above regarding the short 'claimed capacities' and short lifes (average 2 years to get to half peak production) of fracking wells for their environmental impact:

"Some 2011 studies pointed to high rates of decline of some shale gas wells as an indication that shale gas production may ultimately be much lower than is currently projected.[15][16] But shale-gas discoveries are also opening up substantial new resources of tight oil / "shale oil".

.. which supports the premise that all localised environmental impacts on 'a few' wells put aside, once started there will be more and more and more wells to support the growing dependency on a very limited resource.

Hundreds of the damn things with the multiplied environmental and earthquake impacts.

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

Wonder if there are fracking sites which could effectively be turned into geothermal sites (at the frackers expense) once the site is no longer economically viable even if its in 5 - 20 years.

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

Canadian tonic as 32,000 sign anti-fracking online petition in Ryedale

FRACKING opponents in Canada believe a landmark decision in Canada to extend a moratorium on controversial plans to extract shale gas offers hope to campaigners in North Yorkshire.

Their intervention comes after the provincial government in New Brunswick determined that applicants had not met five key criteria – including “clear and credible information” about the potential impact on public health and the safe disposal of waste water.

If one thing is certain after fracking was given the go ahead in North Yorkshire last week, those likely to make the most money out of it will live nowhere near where it will take place.

They will not be disturbed by the hundreds of trucks bringing sand, water and equipment to and from the site, the sound of the drilling, or suffer the fear of water contamination and earth tremors.

Read more: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/fracking/canadian-tonic-as-32-000-sign-anti-fracking-online-petition-in-ryedale-1-7938764#ixzz4AArENs70

Fracking go-ahead: What happens next?Feel free to have your say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36399856

Do you know i just saw someone cut their Barclaycard up.Oh dear is Barclays going to face a backlash.

Is it true that Barclays own 97% of Third Energy.Risky investment perhaps.

Powerful people with plenty of money.Where does Barclays get the money from to invest this way.Who can tell me.

I have heard there was a protest in Sheffield on Saturday outside Barclays,well what a thing to happen,can you believe it.

Does anyone know what this Fracking business will mean to communities.The wildlife,anything as important as that.

Surely Govt Departments would not withhold such news,would they.?

NORTH YORKSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL. YOU HAVE BREACHED OUR TRUST.Petition.

Following the decision on 20th May 2016 to allow Third Energy to explore shale gas reserves from a well at Kirby Misperton we consider the seven councillors who voted for fracking have in our view failed to carry out their duty to represent the interests and wishes of the electorate and in so doing have betrayed local democracy. We consider this to be a breach of trust and request that this matter be urgently investigated and the reasons for not upholding the wishes of the majority of constituents be clearly stated.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/north-yorkshire-county-council-you-have-breached-out-trust?source

That the fracking techniques cause earthquakes is only really disputed by the same sort of lobbyists who still say burning fossil fuels and methane doesn't contribute at all to global warming.

A simple examination of the same (even on a far smaller scale) techniques used geothermal science, by real scientists who care about what they are doing leaves NO doubt.

So what legitimate and independent risk assessments have been done for the impact of fracking generated earthquakes not only on all the abandoned mines in Yorkshire (relatively !! minor earthquakes causing major mine collapses) let alone new mines like :

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jun/30/north-york-moors-mineral-mine-national-park

Yorkshire Councillors have a lot to learn from their Lancashire counterparts.

You won't stop fracking no matter how much you moan

In 2014 the Government announced that it would allow local councils to keep 100 per cent of business rates they collect from shale gas well sites (previously 50 per cent), which could be worth up to £1.7 million for a typical site.

Get in there and start these make believe earthquakes.

You won't stop fracking no matter how much you moan

In 2014 the Government announced that it would allow local councils to keep 100 per cent of business rates they collect from shale gas well sites (previously 50 per cent), which could be worth up to £1.7 million for a typical site.

Get in there and start these make believe earthquakes.

Still not the whole truth

Cameron and the Tories are wholly behind fracking, and as they have clearly stated, are solidly behind fracking,

BUT enough objections by enough people WILL stop it.

and the earthquakes are a fact proven by the similar but smaller scale geothermal science reports, as already reported in this thread.

The only issue with confirming shale fracking with the same but larger scale techniques is that the lobbyists are tying the reports up in courts for long enough until it too late..

Just popping to America.

New Fracking Report Reveals Network of Deceit: Big Green Radicals Bite Back

http://www.triplepundit.com/2015/09/new-fracking-report-reveals-network-of-deceit

OFFICIAL: US GOVERNMENT CONFIRMS THAT FRACKING IS CAUSING EARTHQUAKES

http://www.disclose.tv/news/official_us_government_confirms_that_fracking_is_causing_earthquakes/117143

UK fracking boom could harm climate and house prices, admits secret government report

http://www.businessgreen.com/bg/news/2416015/uk-fracking-boom-could-harm-climate-and-house-prices-admits-secret-government-report

Water shortages may make fracking impractical, industry says

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/nov/27/water-shortages-fracking-impractical-uk

Feel free to put views in favour of Fracking.I am against but i understand there are people for.

Have your say.You will not be shouted down because you are for.

Say what you feel and put links on if possible.

I noticed the link Could harm climate and house prices does not work unless you subscribe.I was sure i read it but perhaps not.

Also how many could and maybes are scattered throughout the thread.On many links.

I would like to know how many fracking sites their could possibly be up and down Great Britain.As because they only go so far horizontally which has been allowed many would surely be required from town to town with all the mess this would create.

Also if Lancashire County Councils decision to say no to Fracking is overruled i believe many people and politicians of all sides will be outraged.

Thoughts of Democracy.

The thought of how many will be needed and the disruption to country roads,wildlife,communities by lorries racing around carrying god knows what fills me with dread.

The possibilities of earth tremors also,which has already happened on the Fylde Coast. Possible pollution to water wherever it is be,water table so vital to the earth,ditches,dykes,streams rivers.

I m no expert,that must be obvious,just have to believe things i read or go and see,as on protests etc.

One of the main protests i went on i would have liked the Energy Minister and their supporters,those involved on making money on Fracking to have made a entrance to the front of the building not slide in through the side entrance.Which knowing the building i watched happen.

There was no danger to them,if i had been proud of my position on Fracking front it would have been.

Energy minister to Defence minister,so many things politicians have to concentrate on each day.Do they sometimes get things wrong.

Reminds me of the saying a doctor buries his mistakes.

If the Frackers make mistakes,what then.And if they do will we know,as the one they made here took time to admit.Well is seemed that way to some.

Just a bloke on a forum,who has put a few links on,said my piece as i hope you will as time goes on.

I will carry on putting articles on from time to time as this builds especially later this month when a decision will be getting closer.

Also from Yorkshire the latest news.

If you see any news have any views put them on.

A worrying time for many,sheer delight for others.

Just reminded me,i watched the Queen make her entrance to the front of the building the Winter Gardens Blackpool once,a fine evening.

Royal Variety Performance.

What brought that back,the flames that i saw,part of the show outside as the Queen arrived.

Strange things make me wonder a few things.

I wonder what the Queen or Prince Charles or Prince Philip thinks of this Fracking business.

Anyone know?

Throughout this thread perhaps i have put things on,videos etc that perhaps show people at their weakest.Or strongest.

Everybody has a view,some more powerful than others.

Some people have soft natures,know things but are unable to put them across powerfully.

Money people have objectives perhaps only see the bottom line,profit at any cost.

Some people naturally speak well,others knowing what they feel about things find it hard to express themselves.

Say anything really but can feel when things are not quite right.Something of the night about it all,thoughts.

Some go to see what it is all about,as i did then begin to worry about the possibilities,if things went wrong.

I hope this makes some sense,we need to know more.We are only a small island,as someone said.

Bye for now Tawnyowl.

• 2 weeks later...

Pressure mounts over 'suppression' of UK fracking impacts report

Campaigners accuse the government of sitting on a potentially explosive report from its official advisers on the impact of fracking for shale gas

Pressure is growing on the UK government to release a report into the impacts of shale gas fracking, which campaigners have accused ministers of suppressing.

The Committee on Climate Change, which advises parliament on meeting the UK’s carbon targets, submitted the report in March. It covers the expected impact of exploiting the UK’s onshore oil and gas resources on nationally set greenhouse gas targets.

It can only be published when the secretary of state for energy has responded.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jun/14/pressure-mounts-over-suppression-of-uk-fracking-impacts-report

Lancashire anti-fracking petition handed in to Downing Street

A petition with almost 200 thousand signatures on it is being handed in to Downing Street today, as campaigners turn up the pressure on the government to say no to fracking.

A final decision on whether energy company Cuadrilla will be allowed to drill for shale gas at two sites near Blackpool is expected this summer.

Campaigners from Lancashire have today been joined by Greenpeace and Friends of the Earth to deliver an almost 200 thousand-strong petition calling on the Government to to reject fracking.

http://www.rockfm.co.uk/localnews/lancashire-anti-fracking-petition-handed-in-to-downing-street/

• 3 weeks later...

Hero gran 'dubbed modern day Spartacus' after £55k legal bill for fracking protest sparks worldwide protest

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hero-gran-dubbed-modern-day-8317241

Remembering a day when at A Protectors event a rumour had done the rounds that the Russians had infiltrated the Protectors and making a short video of Tina

Organising our answer.

[After Nato chief saying Fracking Protestors have been infiltrated by Russian spies this group Lancashire Unites against Fracking makes it clear that they are not.The cards they are carrying each has a letter when combined spells out "We Are Not Russian Spies". Tried many times to capture the image but due to the power of the sun, mmm if you believe me I could not so reverted to videoing Tina Louise-uk organising things.

If anyone wants to see the video i will upload it.

Now what did i come here for this morning,of course the latest news,what else.

Fracking’s Total Environmental Impact Is Staggering, Report Finds

The body of evidence is growing that fracking is not only bad for the global climate, it is also dangerous for local communities.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2016/04/14/3768993/environment-america-fracking-report/

UK government axes plans for fracking in protected nature sites

Double U-turn as controversial technique for extracting shale gas will not be allowed in Sites of Special Scientific Interest after all

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/nov/04/uk-government-axes-plans-for-fracking-in-protected-nature-sites

UK fracking firm plans to dump wastewater in the sea

Ineos company emails reveal huge amounts of treated wastewater are likely to be disposed of in the sea

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jun/15/uk-fracking-firm-plans-dump-wastewater-in-sea-ineos

Sheffield Against Fracking.

http://www.sheffieldagainstfracking.org.uk/adios-ineos/

North Yorkshire Fracking Decision

http://www.rightrelevance.com/search/articles/hero?article=afef6c3a1d9e0c648971c7670027fe8a393914b1&query=Hydraulic%20Fracturing&taccount=hydraulicfrract

Residents Action on Fylde Fracking

Medact to launch Health and Fracking Update

Medact are launching an update of its 2015 report Health and Fracking. Since the release of the first teport over 350 new peer reviewed studies have been published, with significant implications for health locally, and climate change globally.

Dr David McCoy. Director of Medact, and Professor John Middleton, in-coming President of the Faculty of Public Health, will present the findings of an updated analysis of available evidence, and be available for questions.

http://stopfyldefracking.org.uk/

I find it hard to believe that Tina Rothery has been taken to court by Cuadrilla.

And now possibly faces prison.

This should create outrage.

Support for this lady is growing around the world.

Cuadrilla now look like Bullies of the highest Magnitude in my view.

Check out the video on this link.I cannot find it on youtube yet.

Hero gran 'dubbed modern day Spartacus' after £55k legal bill for fracking protest sparks worldwide protest

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...rn-day-8317241

Friends Of The Earth.

Fracking in the UK

Controversial shale gas decisions are being made in the UK.

To extract the gas from underground, water and chemicals are pumped at high pressure through a risky technique called fracking.

Coal bed methane, another controversial fuel, is also sometimes extracted through fracking.

The UK Government has given fracking the green light despite:

1-Mounting community opposition

2-Overhyped economic benefits - fracking in the UK is unlikely to lower fuel bills

3-Contributions towards dangerous climate change

4-Links to drinking water contamination in USA and Australia

Friends of the Earth is calling for fracking to be banned in the UK. New York State, France and other countries and states have banned fracking. Scotland and Wales have also stopped all fracking while they further examine the risks.

https://www.foe.co.uk/campaigns/climate/issues/fracking_background_information_33157

Despite David Cameron promising he would listen to local people, politicians in Westminster could now be making the final decisions.

Hollywood star Mark Ruffalo has recorded a heartfelt plea to David Cameron in response. After experiencing and witnessing the impacts of fracking in the US, he wants people to stand against fracking in the UK.

Mark Ruffalo - Message for David Cameron

Join us, and Mark in the fight against fracking.

Add your name to the People's Declaration. Say no to fracking.

North Yorkshire County Council have said Yes to dangerous fracking.

https://www.foe.co.uk/act/add-your-name-peoples-declaration-say-no-fracking-0

A new study has confirmed that people who live or work near fracking sites may be contaminated with an alarming amount of toxic volatile organic compounds

Frack No! Activists Demand DNC Add Fracking Ban to Party Platform

The study was conducted in Pavillion, Wyoming, using air-monitoring methods and biomonitoring techniques

http://sputniknews.com/us/20160628/1042107275/living-near-fracking-sites-study.html#ixzz4CxDAE8wK

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/dec/14/fracking-hell-live-next-shale-gas-well-texas-us

I am really quite surprised and disturbed that fracking is being allowed in the UK when there are such dreadful health and environmental concerns coming out of the USA !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D