Music magpie returned phone lost after using their supplied royal mail label

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys 

Had a phone returned using royal mail "their returns label" supplied by them and tracking proof receipt from post office shows as delivered on the 13th.

They are saying they can't find it in their warehouse etc and needs to investigate. 

Well it's not my issue I've done everything that was requested all returned as it should have been. 

They are making me wait this is not on 

I'm sure we can help you if we could understand the story.
You need to tell us what has happened in a bullet pointed chronology including details of item, value, dates – et cetera et cetera. Reason for return blah blah blah. Just as much detail as necessary so we don't have to ask you for any more and we don't have to guess.

Purchased phone : 7th August

Returned: under their 14 day returns policy on 11th August using their returns label they sent royal mail. 

Tracking: says delivered on 13th August. 

Now they are saying not received it... Need to investigate it's been 10 days and it's not my responsibility for their service losing it I need my refund 

• Nicky Boy changed the title to Music magpie lost phone

I did asking for details of the item lost – you haven't supplied this. All the value – you haven't supplied this information either.
Presumably you bought it online. How did you pay?
Also, what was the reason for the return?

• dx100uk changed the title to Music magpie returned phone lost after using their supplied royal mail label

Mobile phone £350 though im not sure why this is relevant 

Music magpie mate it's online only 

It's 14 day return if you not wanted again why is this relevant.?

Its lost and not my fault 

You haven't addressed my question as to your payment method – but I'm assuming that it was using a debit card. Have you tried asking your bank for a chargeback? This will be the easiest thing to do. The next thing would be to issue a letter of claim and then begin a court claim.

Try the chargeback first. Your bank won't like it but as you have evidence that it was delivered, then under the distance selling rules contained in the Consumer Contracts Regulations you are entitled return the items within 14 days for a full refund. There is not a matter of music magpie policy. This is a matter of law

WWW.LEGISLATION.GOV.UK

These Regulations implement most provisions of Directive 2011/83/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2011 on consumer rights, amending Council Directive 93/13/EEC and Directive 1999/44/EC of...

Then you should insist with your bank that they refund you under the chargeback rules. If they cause any difficulty then tell them that you are beginning a complaint which you want to send to the ombudsman.

Come back here and let us know what happens and we can decide whether you should go to the next step or not