Three - Incorrectly added missed payment to credit report to 6 year old account - refused mortgage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Wondering if anyone can help. Quite upset about this. I've only just found out about this as I have applied for a mortgage and the mortgage broker told my wife that the only reason we can't go ahead and buy our new home is because I've missed 4 payments with Three. I haven't had a contract with Three since 2018.

I defaulted on a Three mobile account back in 2018. Went through a tough time, couldn't afford to pay my debts over so offered creditors token payments as it's all I could afford at the time, hence the default. That default was entered on my TransUnion and Experian reports in December 2018. Looking at the payment history it has showed 'D' (defaulted) from December 2018 for every month up until May 2023 when it stopped being reported for some reason.

When I was asked to take a look at my credit report by the broker, I had no idea what she meant because as far as I was aware the account had defaulted almost 5 years ago. When I looked, it seems Three have created a NEW account entry on my credit reports, I now show as having 2 accounts. Both with the same start date, 04 August 2017. The original one shows all my payment history up until May 2023 when reporting stopped. 

On the 'new' Three entry on my reports, there is no payment history from the last 5 years other than an 4 missed payments. I believe this isn't right as the only missed payments that should have been reported on my Three account are the ones from before the default in 2018. Also, why  have they made a brand new account on my report, with 4 missed payments when the account was closed a long time ago due to default. On my credit report it's appearing as  a brand new account, incorrectly reporting missed payments and now our mortgage broker says we can't go ahead with the house due to this one issue.

Could anyone advise what to do here? Tried calling Three earlier today and got absolutely nowhere. Nobody seems to be able to help or want to help to be honest.

When I took the decision to default on my debts I knew the consequences and my credit rating would suffer for a number of years. Worked so hard to get back to a reasonably ok financial position, never missed any payments since I defaulted on my debts and all we have wanted since sorting out debts is to buy a home. We are so close yet can't because Three have messed my credit file up.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Three are moving to a new system. I think thats why you have 2 accounts on your Credit File

Raise a formal complaint via the CEO - It wont get fixed quick 

robert.finnegan@three.co.uk

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

for future readers

this is the big pitfall of giving your broker the full copy of your credit file that only you see.

never ever do that

whom he applied to would not have seen that data if they'd searched with the limited access they have themselves

only you and three can ever see it.

oh and be aware, the brokers pull these tricks to make more money out of you and the commission they get from selling a dearer mortgage. always best to go directly to major banks not via a scamming broker!!

youd have got that mortgage and cheaper if you had

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Three - Incorrectly added missed payment to credit report to 6 year old account - refused mortgage

Send them an SAR as well. If I were you I would also put the complaint into the ICO.

If you can eventually get response from the ICO that they have probably breached their obligations under the data protection act then we can probably help you get some compensation for any expenses you have incurred plus the stress involved.
You need to demonstrate very clearly that there is inaccurate data processing.

• Like 1

Update 

Spent hours on Live Chat with no luck. Just keep passing me from advisor to advisor and now they've just left the chat hanging nobody else responding.

Can't complain on their website using the form as it says the it's unavailable due to maintenance. I've wrote an email to the CEO email address. Is there anything else that I could do that anyone could suggest. We are so anxious about this as we could lose the plot we want if we don't get it resolved.

Have you sent the subject access request?

Of course it shouldn't be this difficult – but it is.

Follow our advice and make an SAR a priority. It may not solve anything – it may not tell you what's going on but it's your best hope for the moment to inform yourself.

I'm afraid spending hours on the telephone et cetera is certainly a complete waste of time.

• Like 1

WWW.THREE.CO.UK

At Three, we try our best to provide you with a great service. If we’ve not done a good job, find out how to let us know.

You dont have to fill in a form :) - They have dedicated complaints chat link... Did you use that or the generic contact us link?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis