Iraq, 10 years on

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

its been in the news recently. not new, but many including blair still think it was the right thing to do. anyone any thoughts?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special_reports/struggle_for_iraq/

an interesting recent docu;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01rh8hd/Panorama_The_Spies_Who_Fooled_the_World/

sort of resembled in that film green zone!

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bliar has never admitted to getting anything wrong, and I don't think he's about to start now. He committed our military to a US adventure when they were under-equipped, under-funded and with no exit strategy. As if that wasn't enough, the oaf Gordon Broon as Chancellor (and later as PM) did more damage to the British Armed Forces than any enemy action. Getting rid of Saddam may have been the right thing to do - but it should have been done at the end of Gulf War 1, when it would have been easy, and when the aftermath could have been planned for.

agree that he should've been deposed re GW1 under the terms of his surrender, but he wasn't. and agree that he was a tyrant.

are you saying that you think GW2 was the right thing to do?

the public reasons given for it have been shown to be incredible, but as everyone knows the public reasons often differ from the real reasons. a quick read of the un inspector reports at the time shows that there were 'certain' 'biological agents' around since #1. but, at the time of #2 they were no longer there. but there was 'some thing(s)' according to that 'curveball' :) and that seems to be mainly what they relied on! incredible!

no doubt though he could've been later deposed without the need for a 'war', and the unnecessary loss of how many lives at the time and post?

its all ironic, 'we' taught him how to be tyrannical, gas people (the brits did that there yonks ago), supported him against iran, he was then US friendly, kept the 'peace'/interests there, etc. ah the politics.

but, as soon as he threatened to trade oil in euros (after GW#1), which would've partly crashed the us dollar, and completely if others had followed? he became enemy #1. get an US friendly gov't in there asap? (similar to the politics surrounding the libyan 'spring'?).

as for harbouring terrorists, there's prob more active global terrorists in some other countries?

maybe the best policy could've been to be friendly and get Mcdonalds etc set up there. they soon would've been on board :)

(don't get me wrong, am not being pro or anti, just posting up objective re what's all out there anyway.)

Edited by Ford

IMO

Something else to remember is

In Gulf War 1 - The forces involved were operating under the United Nation banner as the course of action had been passed by the UN Security Council therefore the forces involved were taking direction from the UN Security Council.

In Gulf War 2 - Their was no UN Security Council resolution sanctioning the course of action that America and Britain took therefore America and Britain were for a better way of putting it flying their own flag with no UN security Council resolution or backing.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

i know. the US apparently acted re #2 under the international law of self defence following 9/11! afghanistan maybe, but iraq? if iraq, then why not certain other countries?

Edited by Ford

IMO

• 2 weeks later...

talking of gulf war 11

the spin was that there was this Al Qaeda training cap operating in Iraq

did anybody swallow that garbage, or was any concrete proof offered to the exsistence of a terrorist cell

Saddam Hussein would have curtailed any threat to his authority with such vigor, who can believe that statement about training camps in Iraq

they didn't exist, apparently. and were subs shown not to have been there. dodgy intel, to fit the purpose ie curveball?

irony is that now there is prob more global terrorist cells in iraq then there was before, if there was any there at all in the first place!?

Edited by Ford

IMO

Any ''statements'' made on this matter by Blair and Mc Broon were figments of imagination born out of their delusions that they could do no wrong!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The Sunni and Shia will ''war'' what ever the governmental attitude is in Iraq religious conflict is what damns the whole of the area!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

thats the irony, saddam (who was neither apparently) had it under control! now its not, thanks to intervention.

Edited by Ford

IMO

that's the point that people do not understand, it is a "mind set"

what right has the west got in dictating its western values on independent nations

you would have thought a super power, the soviet union would have shown the west the consequence of its actions in Afghanistan, even the British had a go in the 1830s

then people wonder why the west is not moving forward in Afghanistan because we have no right to be there, same as iraq

Edited by squaddie

quite right, if russia couldn't 'win' in afghan how could anyone expect the 'west'/un to do so! again, the irony. cia etc in afghan against the russians. no doubt 'others' now in afghan against the us/un! politics! war, a continuation of politics by other means. :)

Edited by Ford

IMO

The west is seen as no more than an occupying force and not welcome

who decided we have the right to go into another country and dictate our terms to them at the point of a gun

We tried that before and ended up with the american war of independence. Britain was seen as a bully at the point of a gun

The middle east has never been more unstable due to the actions of Britain and America

My own opinion, though not based on any facts would be Iran

All the troops and equipment are there to launch such an operation

If that did happen then we would have Russia and china to deal with, that is a frightening thought

yes, iran. forgot about them. ah the politics once again, deflected. but now n korea. in either case R and C to deal with. it all adds up! :)

Edited by Ford

IMO

i don't think i would be surprised! nothing much surprises me anymore. no covers should be judged. :)

reuters may not be as 'independent' as some may seem cf what actually goes on. its all an 'empire'. :)

Edited by Ford

IMO

no pop media reflects 100% what actually goes on. recall the beeb during the iraq war #2, at one point i thought the beeb were iraqis!! point being, no objectivity just pandering to what gives together with the manipulation. which most media subscribes to, as you pointed out. the media has been proven to be not quite objective. but, yes reuters is prob one of the better.

Edited by Ford

IMO

so, N Korea next? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21979127

i know its all a load of rhetoric (they couldn't do anything substantial without the support of certain others) but, if it does happen, no doubt we'll be involved in some capacity.

and the 'rhetoric' continues? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22021832

IMO