Iraq, 10 years on

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be those so called Islamic terrorists in Syria are in fact freedom fighters against Assad. Seems to counter the rhetoric we receive against a follower of democracy and freedom, and has a gun is a terrorist, just because that person follows a different religious faith than you

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter

its interesting re the arab spring. in egypt all seemed to support the spring yet now following 'democracy', extremism seems to be taking hold? libya, same thing. iraq to follow, afghan,? syria? ah, the irony.

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

• 1 month later...
Has anybody noticed the rhetoric against iran has all but disappeared, strange that, is it not ??

and now back to syria! russia saying they'll provide syria with air defence systems, israel concerned, eu don't extend arms ban etc all on beeb news.

Edited by Ford

IMO

post iraq war docu series starts wednesday beeb 2, 9pm

saw that one. interesting, but not much new from whats already out there.

Edited by Ford

IMO

• 1 year later...

'Iraq is facing its most severe crisis in years, with the country on the brink of break-up amid lightning offensives by Sunni Muslim militants'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-27815618

is the Wests 'invasion' to (partly) blame? Blair says no, is 'bizarre' to think so. Clegg, Johnson etc say otherwise..

Should the West (We) help out?

http://www.tonyblairoffice.org/news/entry/iraq-syria-and-the-middle-east-an-essay-by-tony-blair/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/10902717/Iraq-news-Tony-Blair-airbrushing-role-in-creating-Isis-in-Iraq-Nick-Clegg-says.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27864603

etc

IMO

The US and Iran have got something in common, they want 'Iraq' to work for the stability of the region so might work together.

The US and Iran have got something in common, they want 'Iraq' to work for the stability of the region so might work together.

Blair & Bush should be put on trial for their actions.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

uk embassy in iran to reopen. looking like they could well be 'working together' re iraq, 'Britain needs Iran to help establish a broad-based government in Iraq'. how things change, iran 'issue' now on the backburner?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27882932

IMO

I'm not understanding the logic of this. We wanted to help the so called rebels in Syria, they are Islamist terrorists. We now want to help Iraq fight against ISIS - Islamic terrorists.

So are we for or against Islamist terrorists ?

Sounds a bit like being a bysexual, they don't know which way to go.

• 1 month later...

getting worse in iraq. obama says, despite air help, ultimately up to iraqis to sort things out. but, didn't US et al 'help' create their inevitable current situation?

libya, syria, egypt - democratic 'springs', or more like isis (or whatever they're called) springs?

IMO

All of this stems from the zero action taken against Syria, the world just stood by and did nothing. The discontented who feel they have been subjected to wrong decided that the US and Europe did nothing, so lets do what we like. I include Russia in this, Libya, Iraq, Gaza, etc. Crimes against humanity are taking place.

getting worse in iraq. obama says, despite air help, ultimately up to iraqis to sort things out. but, didn't US et al help create their inevitable current situation?

libya, syria, egypt - democratic 'springs', or more like isis (or whatever they're called) springs?

i think even if the 'west' acted in syria, like they did in libya for eg, things wld still be as they are now eg as in iraq, libya, afghan, etc ie the 'isis' going for it as they are now doing. trojan horses. in egypt the minorities have been attacked. maybe assad was right in that he was fighting mostly terrorists?

but, as you say, its always the civilian that suffers.

IMO

It's to do with control of the country, Sunnis make up 74% of the total, mostly of Arab, Kurdish and Turkoman ethnicities. Shia's make up the remaining 13%.

People who embrace religion and then go around killing people just doesn't add up on any level.

i think even if the 'west' acted in syria, like they did in libya for eg, things wld still be as they are now eg as in iraq, libya, afghan, etc ie the 'isis' going for it as they are now doing. trojan horses. in egypt the minorities have been attacked. maybe assad was right in that he was fighting mostly terrorists?

but, as you say, its always the civilian that suffers.

re iraq?

one point i mean is that the 'west' fell for the so called democratic spring (trojan horse) and helped it eg in libya. libya was an easy target for the west, but look at it now. the west cant fall for another trojan horse, which for eg has overtaken the 'spring' in syria.

imo the iraq and afghan consequences were inevitable anyway post 'invasion'.

quite. it doesn't add up today, but its there unfortunately.

IMO

Current politicians have decided that 'boots on the ground' intervention, with troops coming back in bodybags is not acceptable to the public. If you want to carry out an air campaign, you need to knock out air defence systems first, have special forces on the ground to help with finding targets and some form of idea of what the end goal is. When do you decide that you have done enough to defeat the enemy you are going after ?

These terrorist factions don't wear standard uniforms and don't have emblems on their vehicles. It can be quite hard to know who is who on a confused battleground.

I think limited air strikes and humanitarian aid is really the only way forward at the moment. There was some talk of Iran sending in armed force into Iraq with the consent of the Iraq government, but I cannot see that happening.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

as you say, boots in wont happen (apart from special forces, cia). and, once the air 'action' has stopped, they will just start again after coming out of their civilian guise.

it does look like things have cooled with iran atm.

IMO

• 2 weeks later...
I lived and worked in baghdad whilst saddam was in charge male and female could quite safely walk in the streets carrying out their daily business I rarely saw ladies covered in black or veiled, most wore conservative European dress and worked in many professions. you could visit restaurants and nightclub cabaret which served alcohol, you could buy and eat pork there were also churches and synagogues where you could worship your chosen god.

I always said the blair and bush should have given saddam a medal for keeping his country together. saddam like bush and blair were by no means perfect but do not believe all you have heard bush and blair are liars.

Blair should be charged with war crimes Bush is not our problem.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 5 weeks later...

It looks like the UK will be joining the US coalition to mount air strikes in Iraq against ISIS, the sooner the better. Any remnants of ISIS should stand trial for their crimes.

It looks like the UK will be joining the US coalition to mount air strikes in Iraq against ISIS, the sooner the better. Any remnants of ISIS should stand trial for their crimes.

Total wipe out would be a solution Rebel!