Iraq, 10 years on

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A Muslim schoolgirl is complaining that she has been excluded from her Camden school for wearing a veil.

Ironically, if she lived in a Muslim country she could wear a veil to her heart's content, she just wouldn't be allowed to go to school.

Good point Coniff!!

Westerners are compelled to follow the "rules" laid down by Islam when visiting Muslim

countries, therefore when here any Muslim man, woman, child should conform to this countries customs and morals.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point Coniff!!

Westerners are compelled to follow the "rules" laid down by Islam when visiting Muslim

countries, therefore when here any Muslim man, woman, child should conform to this countries customs and morals.

Some of these things are not even part of the original religion, but have been added later as customs.

Whilst religion is good for most who follow it, there is a significant minority who use it to create division and to try to hold power over others.

In france they do not accept a lot of these religious customs and the burqa is banned. This ban was upheld in the human rights courts.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/01/france-burqa-ban-upheld-human-rights-court

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Some of these things are not even part of the original religion, but have been added later as customs.

Whilst religion is good for most who follow it, there is a significant minority who use it to create division and to try to hold power over others.

In france they do not accept a lot of these religious customs and the burqa is banned. This ban was upheld in the human rights courts.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/01/france-burqa-ban-upheld-human-rights-court

This " costume" can be a problem especially in "sensitive" areas banks/post offices/ government premises and the like even retail premises one needs to be able to identify a customer on numerous occasions for various reasons.

In a garrison town which also has an enormous student body many "people" adopt this costume and it can an often does feel very offensive.

For once France has got something right!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

This " costume" can be a problem especially in "sensitive" areas banks/post offices/ government premises and the like even retail premises one needs to be able to identify a customer on numerous occasions for various reasons.

In a garrison town which also has an enormous student body many "people" adopt this costume and it can an often does feel very offensive.

For once France has got something right!!

And a sensible decision by the human rights courts !!!!!

We tend to hear more of the decisions most people don't like. Perhaps if there was more media coverage of other decisions, we might come to a balanced conclusion.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I bet if it was the UK who did what France has, the ECHR would have found against us.

Definitely!!

But even if France was challenged by ECHR it would ignore the ruling without penalty.

that article link mentions 'mission creep'. can see that poss happening. seems air missile/bomb strikes alone may not be enough (as has been warned by some). and if the iraqis/syrians/kurds cant do it despite the training/supplies support? apaches/tank busters next, then...?

seems turkey may well be willing to go in, but they wont go alone (mind, they apparently dont like all three; syria/kurds/terrorists)

IMO

:-):rant:

ISIS or what ever they call themselves.

They see them as the same terrorists.

fight who? :)

and some died in their protests.

apparently turkey has a long worry issue re the kurdish separatists there and domestic.

eg www.chathamhouse.org/sites/files/chathamhouse/public/Research/Middle%20East/1212bp_phillips.pdf

For Turkey to just sit in their tanks on a hill and watch the slaughter below is disgusting.

I can understand why they don't want to get involved. They are protecting Turkey and stopping it becoming too involved in the civil war going on in Iraq/Syria. They may be drawn into it eventually if ISIL cross the border into Turkey.

Turkey are in the UN, why? they need to get busy and like now. The world is watching, they've got the 4 or 9 biggest army in the world.

For Turkey to just sit in their tanks on a hill and watch the slaughter below is disgusting.

The terrorists have got ambitions on parts of Spain, they will just carry on, they've gained confidence because it has been really easy, zero resistence.

I can understand why they don't want to get involved. They are protecting Turkey and stopping it becoming too involved in the civil war going on in Iraq/Syria. They may be drawn into it eventually if ISIL cross the border into Turkey.

Totally agree Coniff, it seems from what I am being told by friends in that part of the world that Turkey is running scared of it's own militant Islamist population should it fire on the terrorist in Syria it could totally destabilise the country.

Even the " name " terrorists does no fully describe these ****.

That's not great, they need to put this behind them. The PKK are insignificant compared to the 'terrorist'.

and turkey has now bombed some kurds in retaliation to shelling by pkk re turkeys inaction, apparently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29611582