Iraq, 10 years on

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In Kobani you've got women and children fighting the 'terrorists', Turkey are in the UN, they need to act for the common cause. Turkey want to join the EU, sounds like they will be a loose canon.

close, pk nuts :)

maybe one reason why turkey has not been too keen to use their tanks into kobane just yet to help the kurds there? :)

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as you mentioned prior, turkey refusing to let some go back into syria.

maybe they do poss have a side agenda in all this?

That whole regions has been dangerous for decades. I can remember the Top Gear programme, where there were loads of military in the area and checkpoints. What has happened is that the west ignored ISIL being set, as they were having a go at Assad. A year ago Cameron wanted to help the Syrian rebels and may have accidentally helped ISIL. It was only opposition that stopped Cameron in a parliamentary vote, asking who he was thinking of supporting. If Cameron had won the vote in August 2013, we could have had RAF planes bombing Syrian military while ISIL moved towards Damascus. Sometimes better to be cautious with actions and if Turkey are holding back for the minute, it is probably a good thing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I think drones will be used quite a lot in the future, even over the UK for surveillance. I can see the Police using them to fight crime. They use helicopters at the moment, but if they can get a drone made cheaper, it can be used for many purposes. One fitted with infra red heat detection could for example identify properties where a canabis factory may be situation.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

They are going to be remote controlled from RAF Linconshire. They are in Afganistan at the moment.

I think drones will be used quite a lot in the future, even over the UK for surveillance. I can see the Police using them to fight crime. They use helicopters at the moment, but if they can get a drone made cheaper, it can be used for many purposes. One fitted with infra red heat detection could for example identify properties where a canabis factory may be situation.

They are going to be remote controlled from RAF Linconshire. They are in Afganistan at the moment.

Two on the way payload for missiles each accuracy hit a postage stamp from 3 miles.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Two to start off with, no doubt the Americans are already using them.

Two on the way payload for missiles each accuracy hit a postage stamp from 3 miles.

Two to start off with, no doubt the Americans are already using them.

These are the nearest ones apparently Iraq based.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

....if Turkey are holding back for the minute, it is probably a good thing.

i wld agree atm. prob in everyones interest atm, partic whilst there are airstrikes. they prob wont go in unless invited or fired on. suits them?

yes, as per that article #112, is a minefield

IMO

:-):rant:

Can't they parachute in weapons for the Kurdish fighters?

The four-week assault has increasingly been seen as a key test of U.S. President Barack Obama's air strike strategy, and Kurdish leaders have repeatedly said the beleaguered town cannot survive without arms and ammunition reaching the defenders, something neighboring Turkey has so far refused to allow.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/16/airstrikes-kobani-isis_n_5994866.html

Can't they parachute in weapons for the Kurdish fighters?

or a quick landing?

the turkish bombing of pkk, who are apparently helping the kurds in kobane, wldnt have helped. but...

IMO

Ah! but is that first or second class stamps :)

I can think of a few companies we see mentioned on CAG that make suitable targets. Perhaps we can send the RAF the GPS locations.

How much does an armed drone cost ?

Ah! but is that first or second class stamps :)

1st Class always!

It's called "Rocket Mail"

The US has 7,000

http://fcnl.org/issues/foreign_policy/understanding_drones/

I can think of a few companies we see mentioned on CAG that make suitable targets. Perhaps we can send the RAF the GPS locations.

or, for less cost, cld try amazons forthcoming 'prime air' :)

IMO

or, for less cost, cld try amazons forthcoming 'prime air' :)

I would think that at some stage the technology will become available to people who we would not want to have it. I guess that the MOD have radar technology to identify such attacks and can respond. These days some of the terrorist groups have the technical expertise to make very sophisticated weapons.

Cost runs in to Millions the weaponry + drone + control systems and infrastructure to service

will be astronomical.

No DCA is worth wasting that kind of money on!!

The US has 7,000 drones, that is a lot of drones.

Cost runs in to Millions the weaponry + drone + control systems and infrastructure to service

will be astronomical.

No DCA is worth wasting that kind of money on!!

I would think that at some stage the technology will become available to people who we would not want to have it. I guess that the MOD have radar technology to identify such attacks and can respond. These days some of the terrorist groups have the technical expertise to make very sophisticated weapons.

The infrastructure in place both in the UK, Europe and the US is the state of the art and is constantly updating.

its quite concerning, heli 'drones' (prime air etc) flying around! how can radar pick those up. hopefully they dont get 'flight' approval here.

IMO