Iraq, 10 years on

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe there are people out there saying, 'we should talk with ISIS', how can you talk to people who have lost their ability to reason?, the barbaric acts demonstrate they have lost all sense of reasoning and humanity.

Airstrikes a first step in the right direction.

Denmark, Belgium sending aircraft today.

I can't believe there are people out there saying, 'we should talk with ISIS', how can you talk to people who have lost their ability to reason?, the barbaric acts demonstrate they have lost all sense of reasoning and humanity.

Having seen what goes on in one area where Islamic terrorist have control, these people are not by any stretch of imagination human, the nonsense spouted about their "human" rights is appeasement of the worst kind.

If their atrocities are judge inhuman these "rights" should be expunged.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Coalition of 60, if they all sent 6, that would be 360 aircraft, they can do serious damage with half that number.

uk sending 6, apparently.

which area do you refer to? :)

Gaza recently with Hamas and fighting in the 6 days, memories that will never leave me.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Denmark, Belgium sending aircraft today.

The parliamentary vote was 524 - 43 so there are 43 MPs who are quite happy to see men, women and children beheaded as well as British and US nationals.

Those who voted no should be named.

The parliamentary vote was 524 - 43 so there are 43 MPs who are quite happy to see men, women and children beheaded as well as British and US nationals.

Those who voted no should be named.

If the " civilised " world takes collective punitive action instead of some sitting on their arses saying it's not our problem ( it will be soon I think) perhaps we have a chance!

Coalition of 60, if they all sent 6, that would be 360 aircraft, they can do serious damage with half that number.

together with special forces on the ground, and logistic etc support for those fighting them there.

IMO

:-):rant:

together with special forces on the ground, and logistic etc support for those fighting them there.

Example: Mossad, (the Institute), SAS/SBS, US Special Forces.??

See Fidel Castro's mad rant on Mossad and Isis.

UK Combat aircraft in action over Iraq now, attacking targets.

The trouble will be finding targets, as some of the ISIS hide in and around cvivilian populations, which they use as bases to attack other targets. They are within 30 miles of Baghdad.

They may start off using the missiles that Tornados carry such as Stormshadow, but they will need to take some risks flying quite low to get their targets. For this reason they might only have limited use. I should imagine at some stage the US will use A10 Tank busters to scare the sh*t out of these terrorists and both US/UK may use Apache helicopers based in Iraq or Turkey.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The US have got very powerful spy satellites, they pretty much know where all the ISIS's tanks and individuals are, plus ISIS has been busy sticking their flags everywhere. Considering the US's spy satellites could pick up the front page of 'The Sun', I'm sure it is just a matter of time before they pick up the ISIS's flags.

What I can't understand, we see ISIL convoys of tanks in a line travelling along. With the technology available I would think they could be dealt with. This would be done away from civilians.

The US have got very powerful spy satellites, they pretty much know where all the ISIS's tanks and individuals are, plus ISIS has been busy sticking their flags everywhere. Considering the US's spy satellites could pick up the front page of 'The Sun', I'm sure it is just a matter of time before they pick up the ISIS's flags.

A very clear video on AOL news this morning showing a Missile/Bomb obliterating a ISIL compound.

Whilst they have powerful satellites they can only see a small part of the world at one moment in time. Vehicles on the ground will move around, some will be hidden under camouflage netting or in buildings.

I suspect that there a dozens of elite forces on the ground in Iraq and Syria who are target finding. They can communicate locations and sometimes they will lazer mark the targets, for lazer guided weapons to be used by aircraft.

So when you hear Cameron say no boots on the ground, you should realise that government/MOD does not talk about SAS/SBS operations.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

They've got very sophisticated drones.

Whilst they have powerful satellites they can only see a small part of the world at one moment in time. Vehicles on the ground will move around, some will be hidden under camouflage netting or in buildings.

I suspect that there a dozens of elite forces on the ground in Iraq and Syria who are target finding. They can communicate locations and sometimes they will lazer mark the targets, for lazer guided weapons to be used by aircraft.

So when you hear Cameron say no boots on the ground, you should realise that government/MOD does not talk about SAS/SBS operations.

They've got very sophisticated drones.

Yes that is true. The drones can fly for over 24 hours I believe, so they could certainly track ISIL. I also believe that they are difficult to shoot down.

This article explains what the different names mean

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/isis-islamic-state-isil-or-daesh-what-the-different-names-mean-and-why-it-matters-30609895.html

Personally, ISIS only covers Iraq and Syria, ISIL to me is their goal.

Read an article this morn which answers my question more now, there is a weapon called Brimstone, it is an ultra-high precision weapon.For instance, it can take out an apartment in a block and not disturb the curtains next door. It can target a person standing behind a car without damaging the car. The technology I referred to, rather like my sci fi vision of orbs. Send the orb off to the particular target to do it's job.

fair point by the french et al, why 'legitimise' them. just call them '(islamic) terrorists' or....?

I agree don't dignify terrorists by using the egotistical names they give themselves to justify their evil acts and to legitimise their existence.

Another British aid volunteer brutally murdered by Islamist Terrorists in Syria.

My sympathies go to his family and friends.

RIP Mr Henning.

I cannot understand why the British media still gives credence to the term ISIL these thugs are not a "state" and should not be referred to as such.