Lancashire Diesel Centre/Heys Lane Car Sales, altered mileage -refuse to refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It seems everyones gone quiet Sailor Sam,lets hope they havent given up!! I'm just waiting for him to crawl out from under his rock so i can send in the bailiffs.

Im looking at using a debt recovery service since they are more used to finding crooks like Andy Long and their charges will just be added to the debt.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems everyones gone quiet Sailor Sam,lets hope they havent given up!! I'm just waiting for him to crawl out from under his rock so i can send in the bailiffs.

Im looking at using a debt recovery service since they are more used to finding crooks like Andy Long and their charges will just be added to the debt.

Why not use the high court sheriffs? Debt collectors have no more powers than you do so on the whole, a waste of money. If your judgement is for more than £600 you can apply to the high court for enforcement. I believe the fee is £60.

http://thesheriffsoffice.com/?gclid=CNek2byUubkCFUuWtAodMD4A5g

Maybe you should ask your local TS to have officers from Fife TS seconded to your area to deal with this guy.

In todays Dundee Courier, there is an article on a car trader who has behaved very like this Long character over several years. He's now going to get bed and breakfast at the Queens expense!!!

Sorry, i don't know how to post this very interesting article on here.

Sailor Sam, the high court sheriffs like to bump up the debt with charges and costs, you can see how quickly debts esculate!!

Ive started the ball rolling and have a couple of questions. Is it ok to pm you.

Thanks for your help

• 3 weeks later...

hey i've recently looked at autotrader for a new car and come across a VW i like,

i have put the address of the dealership

'Heys Lane, Great Harwood, Lancashire, BB6 7UA' into google and came across this.

Could you please update me on whether this dealership is the same as the one mentioned and whether it's safe to buy from?

the link to the dealship is:

village-carsales .co.uk (no spaces)

Many thanks,

Alex

• 9 months later...
Well at last the lancashire constabulary are investigating Mr Long for fraud, maybe justice will be forthcomming

A post like that is totally worthless unless you give a link to or explain where you got the information ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Just a quick update. I have now had a ring back from the police who have advised me that they will be looking into my complaint as they have had "several " complaints in various trading names about mr Long and his antics...They are going to treat it as a criminal matter... There is a light at the end of the tunnel..:whoo:

Quick update...

Today October 10th 2014 {yes 2014 only 2 years after my complaint to police}

The police have rang me to collect a statement regarding Mr Long

as they now have a considerable amount of complaints regarding his DEPOSIT [problem]..

..lets see what happens now......

I have just { 10 October 2014 } had a visit from a PC 4177 Slaughter of Lancashire

Police Blakewater Road, Blackburn, 01254 51212 BB1 4RD

regarding Andy Long aka Lancashire Diesel Centre Heys Lane Car Sales

about his ways of taking a deposit from me without producing any goods.

He informs me that London Met Police have had complaints about Mr Longs antics

and have asked him to investigate other complaints in the area.

If you feel you have been conned by Andy Long please contact PC 4177 Slaughter to inform him of your complaint ...

Lets see Mr Long get out of this one....

Good Luck to the Lancashire Constabulary for finally taking some action about Andy Long and his merry men...

so people get ringing and good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I have some new info on andy long.

He is trading from point car sales, molesworth street, rochdale.

He also gave me the name andy lofthouse.

3 weeks ago I purchased a car from andy long at a used car lot in rochdale.

Paid £895 in full for vehicle which should have been ready a day later(he promised 12 months MOT , tax and warranty)

He kept the vehicle for 1 week and it still wasn't roadworthy with MOT etc.

when He sold me the car he did not state that there was any mechanical issues.

then all of a sudden it needed a new power steering system,

trackrod end,

drop links,

aircon pump .

he gave me an unroadworthy 'courtesy car' that had the speedo and odometer disconnected.

he later demanded this back or threatened to report it stolen and cancel the insurance.

8 days after purchasing the car he said it was ready for collection.

When i arrived The car was still being worked on by a mechanic,

who was trying to rectify a power steering issue.

I gave andy a rejection letter stating I wanted a full refund within 14 days.

He accepted these terms and stated so on the original invoice along with a signature.

He failed to make payment within 14 days.

I contacted him and gave him one last opportunity to pay before I applied for county court judgement.

I did this recorded delivery as instructed by my solicitor.

The night before the deadline he appeared outside my parents house, where I was staying for the weekend.

The time was approx 12.30am.

His reason for this was to post a letter accepting my new terms.

This was days ago and no such letter has been received.

I think it was more like intimidation than a personal postal service!

He failed to make payment as agreed via email and text.

today I arranged to visit his car lot to select a suitable vehicle in which to take in exchange for the rejected car.

he failed to appear at the arranged time.

the moment I left car point sales he sent me a message claiming he can pay me £200 within a week.

it has been 26 days since I paid in full,

I have been waiting for a refund for 18 days.

he claims he has no money ,

nor does the guy he shares the car lot with. this man (ian)

changes from being the boss to just a friend regularly.

they say I have to take the original car or lose my money.

he keeps threatening to deliver the rejected car to my address.

tomorrow I will commence court proceedings.

I have also been in contact with mark dawson of trading standards and pc slaughter of Blackburn police.

if anyone has any other information please add to this thread to stop the rogue trader .

• 1 year later...

I was just wondering if this fellow has had is comeuppance as the thread seems to have died a death after my last post. I have since been onto Blackburn Police and tried to find out more information, all to no avail. PC Slaughter is apparently going to ring me tomorrow { 1/5/2016 } so let us see what happens... :violin: