Lancashire Diesel Centre/Heys Lane Car Sales, altered mileage -refuse to refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

^^Have you reported it via CAB?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent a letter registered post { as advised by citizens }and they informed me to advise him that a refund must be paid within 14 days or he would be reported to the TS. I did what they advised and rang CAB back after 14 days..The woman who I spoke to said. " Ok now send him one first class asking him to repay you" ????? I explained that I had already used the threat of the TS and that I would now sound like I was begging for my £100.00 instead of actually involving the TS.. She said that it was what I had to do and that if I had not heard from him within another 7 days to ring her back...I presume it is not in the hands of the TS as I have heard nothing since...The letter was received and signed for by "Andrew Long" AKA Andrew Smith..In my opinion this guys deserves jail for clocking and for misleading customers into leaving deposits. { he told me that ...I WOULD HAVE TO LEAVE A DEPOSIT AS HE HAD SOMEONE COMING FROM LONDON TO SEE THE VEHICLE}

I don't know about it being a TS matter... as far as i'm concerned this guy is obtaining money by deception which is contrary to the theft act. Have you thought of nipping down to your local nick and having a quiet word with an officer who knows what their talking about? Initially they may fob you off with the "it's a civil matter" line (which is what the trader is trying to make it look like), but I think there is more to it based on the OP's case which I would be interested to hear more about. I would try and make a complaint to the police but speak to a REAL police officer preferably someone from CID. Alternatively you may want to go back to 'the lady' at CAB and tell here that you are aware of another case involving this dealer and ask if they are investigating them.

Unless you can get the police involved, I think that you should take the dealer to the small claims to get your deposit back. at least thats all you have lost so far...you could of been more unlucky by actually buying the car from them.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

I too purchased a car 2 weeks ago from Lancashire Diesel centre . Although supplied with 12 months MOT it has a string of faults which will cost me hundreds to put right. When I contacted previous owner I was informed car had been a write-off twice! of course I was never informed of this when purchasing the car. When you buy from a dealer you expect things like this to be advised to you. I contacted Mr Long and again not interested put the phone down and advised me never to contact him again! I am outraged!

I have just come of the phone from the CAB. They have informed me that the only way to get my money back is through the small claims court, I for one wished I had done this in the first place as calling the CAB and trying to involve the TS is, in my opinion, a total waste of time. It seems that unless there is profit for the TS to get involved, I.e fines for clocking and selling un-roadworthy vehicles { again the TS take them to court and get awarded costs } They are totally uninterested. It also appears to me that "Andy Long" knows this and is totally aware that no action will be taken against him in relation to any of his crimes...Andy Long did offer to refund me my money after receiving the registered letter but only if I gave him my bank account details { At that I laughed , as why on earth would I give someone who is trying to rip me off my bank account details} I then rang him and left a message saying that if he was genuine about giving me my money IN CASH that I would be willing to drive back to his pitch and collect it.. All to no avail as I am still awaiting his response almost two months later. The police said that it is a civil matter and when I asked them was it not fraudulent to take the money by deception , they said I should have give him my bank account details as the banks have things in place to stop people from rifling peoples accounts.. I said to the officer that last year someone emptied my bank account in Spain whilst I was at work in Rochdale and he said " that's a matter to take up with the bank " He also said that £100.00 is not a big sum to try and rip someone off by, but if you rip 5 people a week off with it then it all adds up to quite a good wage..Anger is now setting in as I seem to be just going round in circles....

I have just come of the phone from the CAB. They have informed me that the only way to get my money back is through the small claims court, I for one wished I had done this in the first place as calling the CAB and trying to involve the TS is, in my opinion, a total waste of time. It seems that unless there is profit for the TS to get involved, I.e fines for clocking and selling un-roadworthy vehicles { again the TS take them to court and get awarded costs } They are totally uninterested. It also appears to me that "Andy Long" knows this and is totally aware that no action will be taken against him in relation to any of his crimes...Andy Long did offer to refund me my money after receiving the registered letter but only if I gave him my bank account details { At that I laughed , as why on earth would I give someone who is trying to rip me off my bank account details} I then rang him and left a message saying that if he was genuine about giving me my money IN CASH that I would be willing to drive back to his pitch and collect it.. All to no avail as I am still awaiting his response almost two months later. The police said that it is a civil matter and when I asked them was it not fraudulent to take the money by deception , they said I should have give him my bank account details as the banks have things in place to stop people from rifling peoples accounts.. I said to the officer that last year someone emptied my bank account in Spain whilst I was at work in Rochdale and he said " that's a matter to take up with the bank " He also said that £100.00 is not a big sum to try and rip someone off by, but if you rip 5 people a week off with it then it all adds up to quite a good wage..Anger is now setting in as I seem to be just going round in circles....

I must remember that the next time i'm in a supermarket and help myself to a bottle of whiskey, safe in the knowledge that the police don't regard anything under £100 worth pursuing.

Looks like making an application to the small claims court then. The below link should help;

http://justclaim.co.uk/index.html

Please Note

Thank You Sam, I feel that the time I take in persuing this cowboy is just wasting my own time and money as there are obviously more than I and owed a lot more money

I have just read this article on the web lancashiredieselcentre dot co dot cc I think the man on there has some cause for TS as well

I too purchased a car 2 weeks ago from Lancashire Diesel centre . Although supplied with 12 months MOT it has a string of faults which will cost me hundreds to put right. When I contacted previous owner I was informed car had been a write-off twice! of course I was never informed of this when purchasing the car. When you buy from a dealer you expect things like this to be advised to you. I contacted Mr Long and again not interested put the phone down and advised me never to contact him again! I am outraged!

You must report this to CAB who will pass it ion to trading standards. I know Disgruntled Kia will think it's a waste of time but I reckon the more complaints that are made, the more chance something will be done. In the meantime, you need to go through the motions formally rejecting the car which means that you will need to stop using it and writing to the seller informing him that you are rejecting it.

Please Note

Just a quick update. I have now had a ring back from the police who have advised me that they will be looking into my complaint as they have had "several " complaints in various trading names about mr Long and his antics...They are going to treat it as a criminal matter... There is a light at the end of the tunnel..:whoo:

Just for further information Lancashire Trading Standards are taking him to court they have been to visit me and take a statement it doesn't really help me but it will hopefully stop other people getting ripped off by him. If you haven't already contacted CAB then you should as it will add to the case against him.

Lisa

Trading Standards has always come down on clockers. Obviously this would help you in any court case should he be convicted, (TS don't do maybe's), but he is likely to go to prison and that might shut his business down.

I think you should try asking TS how this will affect you and see if they can help or seek a few words from a solicitor.

i have had the same problems with this garage i bought a 307 2 weeks ago from them car goes into limp mode all the time when i foned him up he said what do you want me do bout every other time i try phoning puts phone down an keeps saying the boss not in til later i know he is lying. i even had threatening messages from him last night saying if i was to go there some1 would get seriously hurt an put in boot of car . really made me laugh who he thinks he is i dont no he think he can get 1 over on me because i live over 200 miles from the garage.

With the amount of cases we seem to be getting about the same dealer, I would urge all concern to perhaps contact Watch Dog here; http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

Please Note

• 1 month later...

Hi, just wondering if anyone actually found a resolve with this car dealer.

I am having problems with them at the moment due to buying a car off them which broke down the first day with a long list of problems with it.

As we speak he is supposed to be sorting the problems out but from what I have found on the internet about them today

I'm feeling very apprehensive about my chances of everything being repaired.

As in some of the previous posts the dealer seems to prove hard to get hold of and very unhelpful.

I contacted consumer direct today who were very helpful, I'm just praying everything works out ok, but its not looking that way after reading all this.

Would really like to hear if anyone did get their problems worked out without going through court.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, just wondering if anyone actually found a resolve with this car dealer. I am having problems with them at the moment due to buying a car off them which broke down the first day with a long list of problems with it. As we speak he is supposed to be sorting the problems out but from what I have found on the internet about them today I'm feeling very apprehensive about my chances of everything being repaired. As in some of the previous posts the dealer seems to prove hard to get hold of and very unhelpful. I contacted consumer direct today who were very helpful, I'm just praying everything works out ok, but its not looking that way after reading all this. Would really like to hear if anyone did get their problems worked out without going through court.

Hi Vickie,

I reported Mr Long to the TS through CAB { or so I thought }and also to the Police who agreed that

he was indeed using a vehicle to acquire money by deception on the pretence of selling it, then reneging on the sale, apparently it is not the first time.

They gave me a crime number and said that he was under investigation.

When I rang the Police on Monday{ 19th Nov} they told me that they do not have the manpower to go after him.

I think that they are more interested in getting the newly appointed police Commissioners feet under the table before dealing with any real Police work...

The CAB have advised me to now write him another letter requesting he gives me the money back, after they told me to threaten him with court????

And the trading standards will only get involved through CAB intervention { the CAB will not involve the TS and I am finding it hard to get them to intervene}

...In My opinion it is a joke judicial system in this country that only the bad survive..

.Again It appears that the dodgy car salesmen and conmen of this land have won yet again.

...Bye Bye deposit

Court threats don't get refunds, you have to back up your threat with the action. TS don't work on an individuals behalf. If you reported a car clocked, they would take the garage to court for clocking cars, not for clocking your car.

You can do a claim on line https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome and it's not an expensive initial outlay either which of course you claim back.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately your site did not come up when we did a search under LMC the new trading name of the [problem] car dealer mentioned so many times in previous posts. We have recently purchased a vehicle from this bunch of crooks who despite previous mention that Lancashire Trading Standards are taking him to court continues to provide cars that he says have been serviced and so on, only to drive them away and then find out they are not fit for the road in the condition they are sold.

Can you please update me on your post that you had been visited by Lancashire Trading standards, can you please let me know who is dealing with the case and what Mr Longs first name is.

we bought a car from him and almost had a crash when the power steering stopped working on a roundabout.

He must have known about it and didn't tell us that it is highly dangerous and that we might die.

Lucky we didn't take our baby on it straight away!

He didn't sign the invoice (we were so stupid not to check!) and didn't send the documents to DVLA to register us as new owners.

when we tried to register, DVLA told us that the car has been written off by the insurance

and that we need to do the identity check to see if this is indeed the car or has been stolen.

Someone needs to put a stop on it!

we bought a car from him and almost had a crash when the power steering stopped working on a roundabout.

He must have known about it and didn't tell us that it is highly dangerous and that we might die.

He didn't sign the invoice (we were so stupid not to check!) and didn't send the documents to DVLA to register us as new owners.

when we tried to register, DVLA told us that the car has been written off by the insurance

and that we need to do the identity check to see if this is indeed the car or has been stolen.

Don't fall into the trap of saying "someone should do something". You are the one who is in a position to do something. Find out if the chassis numbers are correct and tally with the engine number and reg number. Find out if it has been written off and what class of write off.

Get going, do it.

In addition to what Conniff says, see also my post #64.

Please Note

i thinking correct...

IF it turns out drb2 car is a write off

does that not invalidate his insurance?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...
Seems like mr andy long is still up to no good. Visiting the police to make a statement tomorrow then I will update in the evening. Wish i had checked on here before!!

Please do and read post #64

Please Note

Thanks Sailor Sam thats my next port of call. Andy long is selling cars on autotrader currently as LMC, i have paid for a car and ended up with nowt, this guy has no morals and is a complete con artist. I have filed a report with the police action fraud line and that is only the beginning. I cannot understand how people like him can just change the names of himself and his company willy nilly ripping people off every step of the way and get away with it! As usual the crooks have more protection than the victims.