Lancashire Diesel Centre/Heys Lane Car Sales, altered mileage -refuse to refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please keep us posted Lowloader.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to CAB today and we have a plan, won't divulge too much at the moment but the more people complain about this con man the quicker we will get results. Lancashire CAB 08454040506. It appears Mr long is changing companies again, this evening two new mobile numbers have appeared 0754391224 and 07544391224 now I haven't tested them yet but everyone else feel free. We have to stop this fraudster

Spoke to CAB today and we have a plan, won't divulge too much at the moment but the more people complain about this con man the quicker we will get results. Lancashire CAB 08454040506. It appears Mr long is changing companies again, this evening two new mobile numbers have appeared 0754391224 and 07544391224 now I haven't tested them yet but everyone else feel free. We have to stop this fraudster

If you take a look at post #12, you will see that I have already contacted TS on behalf of the OP but it appears that so far little action is being taken. This why I am encouraging others to report their problems (such as yourself) so hopefully TS will treat the situation urgently.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Update, I've done a bit of digging and have got 50 reg numbers Of cars Mr Long is currently selling 30 with advertised mileages so it will be easy for trading standards or VOSA to check if any have been clocked or written off, there are new phone numbers appearing all over his adverts and a new postcode, it appears he is on the move, I have a hunch he may be renaming himself as Village Cars.

Mr Andy Long also seems to find ripping me off funny and has been sending texts asking for more personal details.

This guy is a complete moron and needs to be taken down a peg or two.

Does anyone know what this guy looks like or does he just hide under his lies and scams, and does anyone live near bb19sr Who can check if he is relocating.

Someones on the ball, his latest number is 07454391224 and he still appears to be running out of Heys Lane, the name and numbers different but the cars and location are still the same, please don't tell me that omits him from any previous wrongdoings.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I bought a car from this man 4 weeks ago, the MOT is not worth the paper it is written on, the exhaust has fallen off the car, the floor is corroded so badly that you can stick your finger through it and the pipes underneath are cable tied together.

I feel so stupid trusting this con man, tomorrow I will be contacting TS and also VOSA as there is no way so much corrosion could have occured in such a short time so the MOT people are in on the conning also.

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else

Hi

Yes it was Mot'd 2nd Feb and I picked it up that day, I have had a qualified Mot tester look at it and he said the Mot was not worth the paper it was written on!!

I will start my own thread thanks, don't want this to keep happening to people

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the andy longs of this world can do what they want, CAB have been very helpful but ts are not in the least bit interested. The car I paid for has been readvertised forsale and TS don't care. Small claims court here I come.

Auto trader don't seem to want to loose his business.

Wish me luck

Trading standards are in the process of taking this guy to court im not sure on the rules over him changing his business name etc but I have given a statement for the case against him so it is happening. It won't help me get my money back but hopefully something can be done about him conning people in future its so infuriating that last May TS had a long list of people he has conned and still he is allowed to carry on trading

I know what he looks like he is a short guy with close cut brown hair or he was in April 2012, he sells the cars and then pretends he isn't the owner when you go back. It is definitely him though the guy at trading standards confirmed it. Have the rest of you that have been conned gone to watchdog with this?

Hi Jaydles, Surely my case would help in the prosecution of Mr Long, i paid direct into his bank account and have numerous texts with him, he even paid some of the money back. Even after readvertising the same car for sale, trading standards in the words from CAB "are offering no assistance whatsoever". The county court claim form should have dropped through his letterbox Friday. The police, watchdog, trading standards, vosa and even the inland revenue seem only to be after " easy targets" and Not rip off merchants like Andrew Long.

Lowloader, speak to Mark Dawson at Lancashire Trading Standards I don't have a telephone number but his email address is Mark.Dawson@lancashire.gov.uk my case reference number is 655516 its been going on since last April he is dealing with Andy Long and from dealing with him he is keen to put a stop to him trading

He returned all the mail I sent him as he refused to sign for it, how does this work with court claim forms?

Conniff, the first person i delt with at CAB agreed it was a criminal not civil offence and i wouldn't need to go down the small claims route but heyho it seems he was the only one with that opinion, he deserves to go to prision and i count myself as one of the lucky ones by not getting a dodgy car from him.

Jaydles, i will email Mark tomorrow but the CAB reported my situation to TS hence the earlier response,

The first letter i sent by recorded post and was delivered resulting in £400 being paid back , the second was refused and returned to me,after speaking to the CAB i was advised to send any letters first class with 'proof of posting' which is enough evidence he has received the letters. The last letter came directly from the court via first class post and they deem it "served" two days after posting it, so I am told.

Perhaps a combined civil case could be made here.

I would seriously look at getting together to take this guy to court. Especially if Trading Standards are prosecuting him.

Just wait until their case is finished and then you go ahead with your civil claim.

The fact that Trading Standards are prosecuting will give your cases much more validity and strength overall.

So here we are a year on and still nothing concrete has happened.

Yeah and in that time I wonder how many more people have been ripped off! Authorities have a lot to answer foe me thinks.

Please Note

• 4 weeks later...

Andrew Long has changed his name yet again (surprise surprise) to Central Motor Company, supposedly in Accrington. Is he still operating out of Heys Lane? or has he moved his whole operation to BB52BT?

Where do I send the bailiffs?

At least Trading Standards are investigating him, you never know maybe one day he will end up behind bars where he belongs!!

Now where are those flying pigs.

Keep in mind that what you are experiencing is, by any other name, sanctioned by successive governments as they have done absolutely nothing about regulating this closing down and starting up game that a lot of traders make a career of.

Yes, have you had a word with your MP yet?

Please Note

No, trading standards are looking into now and he has a CCJ against him at Heys Lane (probably one of many), I just need to decide where to send the warrant of execution, if only I could find his home address!