Cabot/Restons old 2015 CCJ for CAT debt - What would happen if I stopped paying?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Restons acting on behalf of Cabot, who filed for a CCJ and won in 2015 for some very old CC debt value £1500~.

I was very unwell and they exploited this, and I was too weak and too naive to defend myself.

They issued a warrant of control shortly after. I was a very vulnerable person and I still am in some regards, I managed to get this cancelled, and arranged to pay Restons £6 per month which I've been doing ever since. This arrangement was direct with them, and not through the court, in spite of their gains being ill-gotten.

The funny part is, at the time, I had nothing worth that much anyway! The bailiffs probably would have left after paying me money instead. It was a very bad time... 

There is a balance of about £1200 left, and they make attempts for income and expenditure forms which I keep ignoring.

They also keep asking me to phone them, but I have declined in every case.

The CCJ has long gone from my file, so what is most likely to happen if I stop paying and go radio silent?

Just out of curiosity 🧐

I have a funny feeling, IMHO, that they would go down the enforcement route?

But I may very well be wrong.

They obtained a CCJ which to all intents and purposes you've been paying at £6 a month, what did the court order the payment to be set at?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If you have agreed an instalment plan then as long as you don't deviate from it, they don't have any grounds for trying to change it.

If you stop paying then they would certainly have the basis for returning to court and eventually beginning enforcement proceedings

• dx100uk changed the title to Cabot/Restons old 2015 CCJ for CAT debt - What would happen if I stopped paying?