Andy Long/GA Motors - issue with car that we have just bought - ghosting us!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bought a car from Andy Long, didn't know he was possibly a con man.   -   The car has trouble starting,  tried to contact him but he isn't answering calls - if we try from a new number he answers straight away, then when he knows who we are he puts the phone down and ghosts that number too!

Not sure about next course of action, apart from having it repaired then taking him to court for the bill (if possible?).   Why is he still operating?

I noticed that @Lancashirelass76 sorted out her issue, (removed - dx)

Please can you tell us about the car.

Make, model, year, mileage, price paid, how did you pay.

How did you buy it? Did you go to the dealer? Did you buy it simply through some advert? Did you go to collect it? Was it delivered to you?

Has it got a MOT? Is it a new MOT? Who issued the MOT? If the issuer wasn't the dealer, was it issued by some MOT station close to the dealer?

All that for starters

I'd rather not say too much as he may read this and identify who I am.  The car was viewed, test-driven, but then delivered.   It has an MOT (12 months), issued by a garage near the dealer.

Why are you worried about him identifying you?

Don't you want him to pay you your money back?

Bank Fodder's questions are important. Answer as many as you can.

A biggie is, how did you pay?

• I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Firstly there is scarcely any chance that the dealer will know about this thread – but if they do, then they will start to take you rather more seriously than they have done so far.

Also, you may well find other people who have had similar problems with the same dealer will join the thread and that will be helpful to you.

There is no downside in naming the dealer. We aren't here to play secret squirrel. We are here to help you.

Secondly, what is the name of the MOT station which issued the MOT? What is the date of the MOT and how many miles had the car done when the MOT was issued? How many miles has it done now?

Also, you say the car was delivered to you. Why didn't you drive yourself? How many miles away are you from the dealer?

22 minutes ago, AntLancs said:

I'd rather not say too much as he may read this and identify who I am.  The car was viewed, test-driven, but then delivered.   It has an MOT (12 months), issued by a garage near the dealer.

If you're concerned about being identified, we can change your username for you. If you want to change it, send me a PM and I'll organise it for you.

HB

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Make/Model:  Seat Ibiza.   Advertised on Autotrader.   

The MOT is a new MOT, it was tested at 'The Garage, Crown Street, Accrington, BB5 0RW' on the 19th of July 2023.  78,578 miles.   The testing organisation and inspector's name:  S004011 MMC MOT STATION, K. Mehrban. 

Car cost: Just under £3,000.  Paid by bank transfer on delivery.   The reason it was delivered is that he said he would get it valeted - the car was a little dirty when we test-drove it and agreed to buy it.

Other than the car having trouble starting from cold, it 'appears' ok.   I think it's either the fuel pump or the pump breather valve.

• Thanks 1

How many miles is it done now since the MOT?

You say that the car is not too bad other than the starting problem. You are guessing at the possible cause.

You haven't told us the date that you purchased the car but I am guessing that it is more than 30 days ago which means that you have lost any right to reject the car automatically under the consumer rights act.

Have you had any professional opinion as to the cause of the starting problem?

We have been trying to contact him since before the 30 day deadline, also stating the problem in multiple texts from multiple numbers to his mobile before that date - with delivery notification.  He just refuses to reply or talk to us on the phone.

Our next step will be to take it to a garage to see if they know the cause of the issue.

we know him very well..

Click the link^^

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

8 hours ago, AntLancs said:

Just wondering how he has been allowed to get away with it for so long, he should be in prison!

One of the reasons is that people try to make these complaints but won't reveal the name of the dealer because apparently they don't want to be identified – but of course this means that the dealer not been identified gets away with it – is that such a mystery?

14 hours ago, BankFodder said:

And How many miles has it done now?

How many miles away are you from the dealer?

Another reason why he gets away with it is because when we ask questions from people who come to us for help, they don't answer and we have to drag it out of them.

Have you had any professional opinion as to the cause of the starting problem?

Another unanswered question

We may be able to help you. It's going to be difficult – but you are creating more work by not addressing the questions we put.

Also, did you visit the dealer's premises in order to buy the car? How was the purchase made?
When it was delivered, was it driven to you or is it brought on a transporter?

I did identify the dealer, Andrew Long.   I did say that we have not had a professional opinion to the cause of the issue (that's the next step).  We went to purchase the car if it looked ok, but were put off buying immediately by him saying he wanted to valet it first.  We are about 15 miles away from his premises.  When it was delivered, it was driven by a woman, with him accompanying her in a different car.  They said they were off to a campsite for the weekend and it was on the way anyhow.

I'm at work right now, but can tell you the mileage later on.

• Thanks 1

We did pay a deposit when we went to view it, paid £100 by bank transfer while there.   When I say we were put off buying it immediately, I mean he put us off taking it immediately with the promise of cleaning the car.

The current mileage is 78826, it was 78578 when it was MOT'd.

Thank you. You have told us that the car isn't too bad and this sounds as if you would prefer to keep it.

Is that correct?

Whatever the situation I think it might will be an idea to get a new MOT from some independent garage in order to check the condition.

We have considerable experience here people find cars with new MOTs which were carried out at MOT stations which are uncomfortably close to the dealer.

I would suggest that an independent MOT would be a good idea so that you would understand exactly what you have got.

You should tell the new MOT garage to be very strict and stringent with their test

Was it the same garage which issued the failure or a different one?

Also, you haven't answer the question as to whether you would rather keep the car or return it?