Revitalize Health & Beauty Unauthorised Payments

4148boome
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I experienced the same problem with this company.I contact the bank they advised me to get a disclaimer form, which after 31 days they cannot keep your bank details. I then had to contact the company to request a cancellation, they gave me a cancellation number but they also need to contact you by email to confirm the cancelation. I sent back my unused product with proof of postage, and don't keep products over 30 days as you will be charged. Keep copies of everything sent and received.the [problem] is the first payment they take out you cannot be refunded on as you have had it over 30 days but they will refund the rest. Hope this helps anyone in the same situation.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear DS

Hi, thanks so much for your invaluable info and advice. We've had awful trouble and my wife has had nearly three hundred pounds taken out of her account. We've been onto Barclays fraud dept who have been nice and know all about this company, sadly however they were no major use. I've just got off the phone to your Philippines contact. She seamed really nice and promised to cancel all future payments and promised a full refund on any products returned unopened?! I'm wondering if they are making so much money, once a client is on to them they respond accordingly. To be fair, although what they are doing is totally immoral, as I explained to my wife after reading there T&C':smile:s I do not think they are breaking any laws whatsoever? Anyway thanks very much for your info.

One last thing, I noted you posted your comment in Dec and was awaiting a refund. Did you get it? Although, as far as I'm concern what is done is done it would be nice to get something back!

regards

john:-)

Same happened with me! :( However unlike some, I have been able to reach them on this number 08081683684, which was also answered very quickly. :)

At first would not give refund, then offered 50% when i said i would take advise and write to them. :( I was then offered 100% refund, within the next 7-10 working days. :)

Fingers crossed this will happen. Will let you know what happens.

Good luck to others suffering this problem. :(

Hi same thing happend to me money was taken from my bank account on thursday 2/2/12 so i called the nbr on dispatch note , to my horror i was calling the USA , gave them what for and told them to stick there 50% discount where the sun dont shine and demanded my money back in full , low and behold just been online to cheak my acc and got my money back wooo hooo so 4days it took them ,i will never be sucked in like that again i will keep my wrinkles pmsl , good luck to you all , x

I've been stung as well.

Ordered 2 'promotional' free items about 2 Jan (postage about £5); got them about 12 Jan.

On 30 Jan noticed my current account had been debited with 2 entries totalling £156.

I was not aware of the Ts and Cs; have not received unordered items and don't expect to.

I know it's a dumb question but has anyone received any items other than the freebies.

Contacted my bank and had to cancel my Visa debit card.

Bank want me to pursue supplier for refund first and I'll try the number 0808 178732011 as suggested.

If no joy (which is likely outcome!) bank will pursue, but many thanks for advice about Visa Debit Chargeback.

Like some others on this 'thread' I was not aware of Debit Chargeback.

Don't forget to report them to the TS and OFT! If no formal complaints are made, they'll just keep doing it.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

I received my credit card statement today to find the two payments had also been taken off. I too was stung witty this company! I had called them but was told that the terms and conditioned covered what they were doing. I had then called my bank and they have marked these payments as disputed. I then read all the blogs and decided to call them back - I mentioned that the bank had marked the payments as disputed, they were passing details to their fraud section, I was contacting trading standards and I wanted my money back. The girl immediately agreed to refund all my money - I asked for a call reference number and e-mail confirmation of the refund and cancellation of the account. She advised e-mail will be received within 24 hours and payment between 7-10 days. I also told her that the amount of reports regarding this was incredible and that it was nothing more than a [problem]. I will just have to wait and see however, I feel a little nervous about how quickly the refund was offered - are we just getting lip service or has anyone actually received their money?

Just spoken to Rachel (N.American accent) on 08081683684 (got through quickly). She explained that items were not a free promotional offer (although that's how I interpretted it from the advert) but a trial product for 10 days, and that unless the items were returned within that period from delivery (which obviously they were not 'cos I thought they were free), my account would be debited for the full price. What a [problem]! I told her that I would report the company to OFT and Trading Standards, so she put me through to her supervisor, who agreed to a full refund, gave me two refund codes for the two products, and would e-mail me to confirm. I'm not holding breath!, but I have to take this first step to recover the money before my bank will act. Realistically though, I'm fully expecting to have to seek Visa Debit Chargeback through my bank eventually.

Just as an update I have now received several e-mails from this company. They are confirming both accounts have been cancelled and no further charges will be made. The others are confirming that my refund has been made in full and my bank should receive the money within 5 days.

I know what everyone else has been saying but to be fair when I mentioned the fraud department of the bank the girl did not even mention speaking to her supervisor at all which seems like a common theme - she just said she was authorised to do this right away.

In light of the fact that a lot of people including myself have been advised that they will get a refund this company cannot be that confident that their terms and conditions holds much water! I do not feel that I had to challenge them at all after I mentioned the bank, fraud section and trading standards - it was an immediate decision.

And as a 'bonus' they have offered me the opportunity to purchase additional products in the future with a fantastic 50% discount!!! I think not!

Yes, another victim of these amoral gits! Same story - £154.94 taken from my credit card without my authority, same old prattle about 'terms & conditions' which I didn't even SEE! I logged a dispute with the card people & have sent 3 separate e-mails to the company. Today, I used the phone number on one of these messages & got through to ????? in the world. After doing a bit of research first, I told the guy on the other end of the line to immediately cancel whatever it was I appeared to be signed up for without my knowledge & demanded a full refund. When HE began waffling on about the (well-hidden) t's & c's, I told him that in fact, the company were committing an offence under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. He asked me to wait for a couple of minutes then came back & told me I would receive a full refund in 7 - 10 days! I shall wait & see. I also told him I'd reported the company to Fraud Action. He STILL managed a ' have a wonderful day' after! So, I'd advise everyone else to do exactly the same as I did (hoping it worked)! The number I called is 0808 178732011

Well another update. On Friday I updated my report saying that I had my e-mail confirming the refund and to my shock I checked tonight with my credit card and I have been refunded £74.95 and £79.99!!! It only took 2 business days. So for everyone out there tell this [problem] company that you want them to give you e- mail confirmation of refunds and closure of accounts, threaten them with the fraud section of your bank and don't let up. In all fairness I wondered about the chances of a refund but I've got it now! Keep on their case and with any luck they won't be in business long!

Please note that my credit card company stated that they would only be able to fight my case if I had e-mails from them confirming refunds - so get those and we should all get lucky!

The next thing will be when we get our phone bills in cos god knows where in the world we have been phoning!!!! Lol

Edited by og28

I got a refund too. Two refunds of £74.95. I petsisted and they kept changing their mind sayig i could have a refund then they said i couldnt then could again. Then they said id been given it which i hadnt. In the end i told them that i was writing to the guardian newspaper and was not only going public but wud contact consumer

rights and trading standards. Their methods of extracting

money from the public are unethical and downrigjht dishonestThey rely on us being so ovetwhelmed with thenproducts results that we dont see the bit about joining their club for £74.95 a month Finally i out the distance selling rules which they didnt confirm to and i gota refund in two days. I am willing to share the emails i sent them (probably about thirty altogether) but i dont know how to get them to anyonevwho wants them. So good luck. Persist. And dont let them makebu give up. Keep on keeping on

Edited by Freeradical1950

Glad to hear others have got their refunds too. Definitely agree that people should not give up - throw everything at them - bank fraud dept, trading standards, etc etc. they seem to firstly think we will get fed up calling and e-mailing but to be fair for over £150 which not many of us can afford to ignore these days that can't happen. Keep on at them and they do fold but for those on the forum just now keep pressing them cos if they do go out of business or disappear those coming after us will have no hope!

From now on if it looks too good to be true - it is! No more great deals will be coming my way ever again!

Yesssssss!!!!!! Have just checked with my credit card people & they told me that payments of £74.95 & £79.99 have now been refunded to my account. That's two days also since I received emails confirming the refund. They must be very troubled people - good - they deserve to be too. Maybe now I can sleep at night without murderous thoughts swimming round my head lol! I shall now go back to using Poundland moisturiser at a quid a pop & not so greasy as this company's stuff anyway, & will learn to love my lines & wrinkles - this was a real wake-up call for me as I've never been stung before, only by a wasp! I hope everyone else gets the same results just be ultra firm with them & cut them short about t's 7 c's & DEMAND, don't just ask for a refund. Good luck.

i thought i only had two payments taken out of my bank account later found out that they have taken out 7!!! i had to ring them, email them and threaten them to recieve my money back. you need to keep checking that they do give you back the payments as they will tell you that they will but do not. i have now recieved all of my money back which was a total of £420, WOAHHHHHH!:-D

I rang the second phone number listed 2 messages below and they said they would cancel the payments immediately, we shall wait and see.

Hi to all,

We ordered some free samples from Revitalize Health & Beauty and they asked for postage of £2.95 only.

The samples arrived, then we noticed that three unauthorised payments have come out of the account, £51.00, £79.99, and £74.95 respectively.

I called the Bank to stop any further payments, and to get their comments, and they say that they know of this Company and the terms and conditions state that they can take further payments from the account.

I did not remember and T & C's when ordering. The Bank can stop any further payments, but can we get any re-dress from this [problem]?

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated

Dear 4148boome

My bank also said that they had looked into this company and under the terms and conditions they felt that nothing could be done. However, I had received e-mails from the company stating that both accounts were closed and no further payments would be taken and that refunds would be made in full. On the basis of these e-mails my bank then said that if the payment was not forthcoming they would be able to take up the case. I don't know about anyone else but I think I am pretty careful and I cannot remember being taken to any terms and conditions nor agreeing to them. The company is working on the basis that people are going to find it too much trouble to complain or jump through hoops. threaten them with everything you can think of and demand a refund. If you get the e-mails from them for refunds and cancellations of accounts your bank should then be able to help, however to be fair I got my money back within 2 working days! Good luck

We to have been caught out,went to the bank today & saw 4 payments taken

out of our account by revitalize health & beauty.

money taken out :-

09 Jan 2012 ................£74.95

10 Jan 2012 ................£79.99

30 Jan 2012 ................£74.95

30 Jan 2012 ................£79.99

We have a Halifax debit account,I asked if the amounts being taken out,the halifax

teller said because it was not a direct debit, & my card number had been given,she

could not stop it.

I have telephoned the company tonight on 0808 168 3684 & spoken to a american

man,he said that because we had not been in touch inside a 14 day trial period,they

had the right to take money from the account.

after telling him we had not seen a 14 day trial on the first order,we thought it was a

one off item bought,he has cancelled the account & is sending a e-mail to confirm.

So when I receive the e-mail do I go to the halifax & tell them to get our money back ?

Any help please

As I said before firstly demand a full refund from this company by using the usual threats. I'm with Halifax too and they stated that with the e-mails confirming refunds and cancellation of accounts they can pursue the return of the payments. I didn't actually need these as the company did refund the money pretty quickly. Keep plugging away though cos what this crowd are doing is dire! I have just checked again tonight to make sure nothing further has gone through cos I've been getting a bit worried that they would chance their arm again - but nothing. I have now stopped my credit card and ordered another just to be sure. Might be wise for everyone wherever possible to do the same!!!

Yes, go to the bank with the email and get your money back, I think it depends on who you speak to. Ring the Halifax fraud line and tell them, they were very good when I had money taken BEFORE the product even arrived!

How they can do a 14 day trial period when it takes 10 days to get the item is a mystery, misleading advertising comes to mind.

I complained directly to Facebook who advertise this company and let them know my displeasure at the high cost of the product, which can be got in Holland & Barrett for £7.99.

Just as a point of interest I have been onto another site today which also features this compay. Apparently the mastermind behind this is a young Canadian in his mid twenties called Jesse Willms. I am sure you will all be a little pleased to hear that the FTC has frozen his assets of nearly £400 million - YES MILLION and he is banned from trading in this fashion within the US. This information was posted only 6 days ago. This however means there may still be work to be done in Britain, Europe etc so maybe this is the reason people are actually being refunded at the moment - to clean house so that he is not banned in other countries. I don't claim to know how it all works but its nice to see that he is getting some heartache back - he is known for pushing these useless creams, teeth whitening products, acai berry products etc etc and probably the list will go on. Just google his name and you will find some really interesting articles. Isn't it a pity that the people who have skills and are smart enough to con joe public all over the world don't turn their talents to something worthwhile - I hope his parents are proud as they funded his set up initially!!

I have today contacted OFT and logged the complaint as well. They knew the company immediately so hopefully this guy will be shut down good and proper in this part of the world as well.

I have also cancelled my credit card so that no further money can be taken at a later date - just in case!!!!

good luck to everyone still waiting for refunds x

Had 3 e-mails today from revitalize,2 to confirm closure of account,1 from

support team.

With having the e-mail address of support team,I have sent a e-mail, saying

that the offer as been a total scan, & that I want all monies returned, also that

I shall be contacting trading standards, also my bank.

Then I have threatened them with action from my solicitor,if I don't get satisfaction.

will have to see what happens next.