Amazon - Problems with a Samsung TV - the seller, a business called Reliant Direct

sdmilne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last November I bought a Samsung tv from Amazon and it has been great up

about 2 weeks ago when a number of faults have developed with it. 

I spoke to Amazon and went into detail about the problems with it.  The person I spoke to said he felt that a replacement tv was the suitable solution and put me in contact with the seller, a business called Reliant Direct to ask for a replacement and to get back in touch with Amazon if they gave me any problems as "Amazon would have my back". 

Reliant Direct gave a me a very curt and dismissive response. They said that are just the supplier and have no idea why Amazon were putting me in touch with them - Amazon fulfilled the order so as far as they were concerned, it was nothing to do with them now.

Upon telling Amazon this, they said that they couldn't give me a replacement as they were merely fulfilling the order for Reliant Direct.  All they could offer me was a refund with which I could buy the tv again. The problem there being that the tv was now being sold for around £150 more than I paid for it. 

Should they not be able to match the price I paid for it, seeing as it the exact same item that I own and that shouldn't even need replaced when it is only 6 months old?  Also they claim that Reliant Direct are acting unlawfully and that they should be replacing it for me. I assume one of the companies is lying as how can there be a situation where a replacement is seen as an impossibility?

A further issue is that they say for returning the tv to them for a refund, I can just put it in a bin bag or find a box I have at home to put it in.  Where am I supposed to find a box big enough and secure enough to contain a 55 inch tv and not expect it to be damaged in transit? 

UPS who will collect it and who turned up today without me even being told that they would have told they will refuse to take it at all unless it is in a proper and secure box! People do not tend to keep the packaging of a tv as the boxes are huge.

Not sure how best to proceed, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• dx100uk changed the title to Amazon - Problems with a Samsung TV - the seller, a business called Reliant Direct

sadly you can't argue with the increase in price Vs the refund you'll get.

see if you can get an old TV box from you local tip or ask at curry's or somewhere if they have an old one?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the reply.  What about the issue of neither company being willing to outright replace it and passing the buck to each other.  Is one of them lying and shying away from what they should be doing? Amazon seem certain that Reliant should replace it.

sorry i though you said someone turned up to get it?

were they instructed by amazon...i expect so.

as soon as they have the item, typically they refund the price back to the funding source automatically 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, they did try to collect it today, but I had no idea they were even coming so wasnt prepared.  I only agreed to a refund because both companies were refusing a replacement, which is annoying as it would cost me no extra money and Amazon felt it was warranted.  So should the suppliers, Reliant really have replaced it as Amazon says and are they acting unlawfully and just hoping I didn't know this?  As I still have the tv, if I was actually entitled to replacement, I'd far rather go down that route.