Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I forgot to add that I have an ongoing complaint with Ingeus going based on constant emails from them after 4 times requesting no contact. This is now with senior managemnt and my MP and is now getting juicy as I have all the evidence I need to make them squirm. They are imbeciles and literally make people ill

Will try and get on again soon but logging off now. If I get any DMs I get notifications so can reply as soon as I get the chance

Best wishes to all.

Nice to see you again, essexmat. I hope life is going well for you? :)

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good evening all. I hope that you are all well.

I thought I would pop on and see how everyone is doing and saw this. I am more than happy to help in any way I can as I have been through the whole JSA/ESA/Ingeus process so happy to help and advise any way I can.

My job is going really well and I am so much happier than before and obviously being away from the dreaded regime of the DWP and WP.

Here to help if I can - I don't get on much now though!

Nice to hear from you Essexmat. Glad to hear that you are getting on so well in your job.

We are all much of a muchness around here, highs and lows, ducking and diving, as one does.

You know that any advice or guidance is always welcome and with your past experiences of the unmentionables your contributions would be invaluable.

Would be nice if you could keep us posted on the progress of your current issues with Ingeus, it may help others who find themselves in the same boat.

Thanks for calling and best wishes to you too!!!!!

I had an initial appointment with Ingeus last year, but luckily found short term employment a couple of days afterwards. As my short term employment has recently ended, I've now had to sign back on to JSA and have been referred straight back to Ingeus.

In my previous appointment last year, my advisor had booked me into a mock interview and wanted me to email him my CV. If I'm asked to do either of these this time around, am I within my rights to refuse? Or will my JSA be affected by doing so?

I had an initial appointment with Ingeus last year, but luckily found short term employment a couple of days afterwards. As my short term employment has recently ended, I've now had to sign back on to JSA and have been referred straight back to Ingeus.

In my previous appointment last year, my advisor had booked me into a mock interview and wanted me to email him my CV. If I'm asked to do either of these this time around, am I within my rights to refuse? Or will my JSA be affected by doing so?

Hello James and welcome to CAG.

Sorry to hear that your job ended and that you find yourself back at square one.

Under privacy and data protection laws you are not obliged to divulge either your email address or your CV in hard or electronic format to Ingeus. Neither are you obliged to sign any document, especially any that has the effect of waiving your privacy and data protection rights.

The following link refers to DWP but it applies equally to Ingeus:

".....It is not mandatory for a jobseeker to reveal his email address to the DWP. This is confirmed in this DWP FOI response:

www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/169236/re...%20response.pdf.html

“Providing a CV, email address or telephone number is not mandatory, therefore is not sanctionable.”

'Creating a Government Gateway account and registering with UJM both require an email address to be provided and that email address is made available to the Jobcentre even if the jobseeker does not give permission to access his UJ account (as evidenced by the default method of locating a new UJ registrant’s account by their unique email account per the UJ Toolkit). Therefore a jobseeker who does not wish to reveal his email address cannot be mandated to register with UJM."

You can't be sanctioned for this but what they usually try to do is ask you to leave the premises and then they will report to JCP that you failed to attend appointment/interview, which is sanctionable.

If that should happen you need to be able to show some evidence that you actually did attend. You might find that equipping yourself with a small digital audio recording device that you can carry in a pocket or bag could be invaluable to you.

You might also make note of any attendance register that you signed-in in. Exchanging contact details with one or more fellow claimants might also prove to be useful, mutual support, if you like.

Hi, just a quick update -

I went to the job centre today and spoke to an adviser. I filled out a JSA28 form and, as long as I keep handing in fit notes from my GP, I can remain on JSA without having to sign on or go to Ingeus for up to 13 weeks.

Hi, just a quick update -

I went to the job centre today and spoke to an adviser. I filled out a JSA28 form and, as long as I keep handing in fit notes from my GP, I can remain on JSA without having to sign on or go to Ingeus for up to 13 weeks.

Well done Kxo. This is basically what you wanted. It will get Ingeus off your back for a while.

Thank you!

I did phone Ingeus today to say I wouldn't be in for my job searching appointment because I had to go to the job centre, but she wasn't there so I left a message. The lady from the job centre said she would send them an email to formally make them aware of the situation, so hopefully they leave me alone for a while :clap2:

Thanks very much for the welcome and the helpful reply. Do you know if the mock interview process is mandatory?

You have obviously been informed of a time, place and the nature of the activity, either verbally or in writing. That is called a Mandatory Activity Notification (MAN), which means that you must go unless you have a pretty good reason for not going.

Failure to attend could result in an automatic sanction.

It is not recommended that you deliberately miss appointments/interviews, or point blank refuse to participate in any reasonable activity. The exception to this rule would be when something you are mandated to do is obviously unreasonable, against the rules or illegal.

I came home to find 2 missed calls and a text message from my Ingeus adviser saying she had tried to get in contact with me. I left a message with her at 1pm today, explaining that I'd gotten the "fit note" from my GP and that I wouldn't be able to attend my job searching appointment because I was going to the job centre to hand it in and speak to an adviser. They're closed now, so I can't phone back, but I assume I'll be bombarded with calls/texts tomorrow, so, my question is, what do I say?

Is she entitled to any more information than I already gave her in my message?

There's been some big changes since I was last on here so i'd just thought I'd give you a quick update.

Next time you're at Ingeus ask them how the latest round of redundancies are going. Last week all office closed and all staff had to go for a meeting explaining they were under the threat of redundancy. Due to a low (unplanned) number of referrals from JCP and the huge overheads Ingeus are now running, a fifth of the workforce are to be made redundant. Consultation begins at the end of the month, so don't be surprised if your appointments / letters fall from that point. In the North West, about half of the team are going to be gone by the end of April.

So big changes, less staff (admin, workshop tutors and 'advisors', office closures BUT only if DWP allow Ingeus to break their contract. Targets remain as high as ever though, great work management!

Feel free to offer 'CV tailoring' to your advisor next time you're in! :)

No, she is entitled to no more of your time or consideration. Let her experience what it's like when the shoe is on the other foot. If you have been in the habit of sending texts, sending her just one more might be your best option;

" Called you today to inform you of change of circumstances and to cancel appointment, you were unavailable at your place of work so I left message. Attended instead at JCP, they said that they would contact you with further details. Any questions, contact JCP."

Then just simply ignore any further attempts by her to contact you.

There's been some big changes since I was last on here so i'd just thought I'd give you a quick update.

Next time you're at Ingeus ask them how the latest round of redundancies are going. Last week all office closed and all staff had to go for a meeting explaining they were under the threat of redundancy. Due to a low (unplanned) number of referrals from JCP and the huge overheads Ingeus are now running, a fifth of the workforce are to be made redundant. Consultation begins at the end of the month, so don't be surprised if your appointments / letters fall from that point. In the North West, about half of the team are going to be gone by the end of April.

So big changes, less staff (admin, workshop tutors and 'advisors', office closures BUT only if DWP allow Ingeus to break their contract. Targets remain as high as ever though, great work management!

Please God let this be true. Thought this thread was never going to end.

As for DWP letting Ingeus break their contract, they've been doing it for years. On this occasion we would be prepared to turn a blind eye.

No, she is entitled to no more of your time or consideration. Let her experience what it's like when the shoe is on the other foot. If you have been in the habit of sending texts, sending her just one more might be your best option;

" Called you today to inform you of change of circumstances and to cancel appointment, you were unavailable at your place of work so I left message. Attended instead at JCP, they said that they would contact you with further details. Any questions, contact JCP."

Then just simply ignore any further attempts by her to contact you.

I don't text her at all, which is why the message was weird for me to get. They asked for my number so their automated computer thingy can remind me of my appointment the night before, but this was worded differently, like it was a personal text message. "Hi _____. I've tried contacting you about your missed appointment today but haven't been able to reach you." then signed her name at the end. I left my message at 1pm and she waits until 5:24pm (6 minutes before they close) to get back to me. What a mess.

Along with job hunting tips and advice on living on benefits.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Anybody know what Ingeus mean by the "candidate pool"?

In my latest (mandatory) appointment letter it says "look at booking you onto a candidate pool". They offer no further explanation of exactly what that might be, or involve.

Been with them for approx 1 year now.

Anybody know what Ingeus mean by the "candidate pool"?

In my latest (mandatory) appointment letter it says "look at booking you onto a candidate pool". They offer no further explanation of exactly what that might be, or involve.

Been with them for approx 1 year now.

Hi there, a candidate pool is an early assessment stage which advisors are forced to book a set amount of clients on. Each candidate pool is split by industry and you will be checked that you have the basics i.e. updated CV, good interview skills, interview clothes etc.

This is so when their recruitment team find a job, they can refer straight to the candidate pool for suitable people.

In my experience, it doesn't work. It's a bit of a pain to do and the criteria is rarely met - it's just yet another workshop that has to be ticked off.

All the EPCs are under threat of redundancy though, so I don't imagine you'll get too much from them if you are entered into the candidate pool.

Hi there, a candidate pool is an early assessment stage which advisors are forced to book a set amount of clients on. Each candidate pool is split by industry and you will be checked that you have the basics i.e. updated CV, good interview skills, interview clothes etc.

This is so when their recruitment team find a job, they can refer straight to the candidate pool for suitable people.

In my experience, it doesn't work. It's a bit of a pain to do and the criteria is rarely met - it's just yet another workshop that has to be ticked off.

All the EPCs are under threat of redundancy though, so I don't imagine you'll get too much from them if you are entered into the candidate pool.

Thanks for your reply..cool username :)

I'm guessing that for whatever reason they will be pushing me to enter a "candidate pool".

My question will be, what benefit will it offer me, versus the likely incoveniences it could pottentialy throw my way...I'm thinking about the things you mentioned: updated CV, interview skills, interview clothes etc...I have no requirement to have my wardrobe validated, already reluctantly participated in one of their mock interviews and I need no help with my CV!

I'm looking for work within a (fairly) niche sector of the IT industry...I'm guessing they don't have experienced IT recruiters as such within their ranks, let alone recruiters operating in my niche.

My question will be, what benefit will it offer me

I'm looking for work within a (fairly) niche sector of the IT industry...

Based on what I have seen of these candidate pools, it is only to pigeonhole you as "job ready" in one of a number of low pay sectors. Do not expect anything from the exercise and you will not be disappointed.

As for your last point: You have been unemployed for the best part of two years (assuming you are not an early entry on the WP), so you should be expanding your horizons. The JCP will be expecting you to apply for any NMW vacancy that you are capable of doing, not just the niche IT jobs.

I have to agree with Mr P if you go to the Jobcentre and say you are only looking for a certain job they can penalise you for restricting available jobs you can apply for. Ingeus just wants to get you into work and earn their escalating fee .The candidate pool is a bit of a misnomer in reality if an agency has several vacancies at one place they will call everyone to attend a form filling session. Whether it is stacking boxes or on a production line if you fail to attend or apply for the vacancies they can put you forward for a sanction. Ingeus and others aren't really there to help like all the work programme providers they are there to make a profit and if they have harass, hassle hound and humiliate you to achieve that end they will do so

Edited by ripples
spelling mistakes

Based on what I have seen of these candidate pools, it is only to pigeonhole you as "job ready" in one of a number of low pay sectors. Do not expect anything from the exercise and you will not be disappointed.

As for your last point: You have been unemployed for the best part of two years (assuming you are not an early entry on the WP), so you should be expanding your horizons. The JCP will be expecting you to apply for any NMW vacancy that you are capable of doing, not just the niche IT jobs.

Something I've been quite interested in hearing other peoples opinions on is how long should any of us be able to continue to seek employment within a certain sector before we have to expand our horizons, or lower our objectives, whichever way you want to look at it!

Now, as far as what the JCP like to re-itterate, the 13-week permitted period is what they enjoy quoting. However, the way I read the legislation...this is a 'general' rule, and a person may place restrictions on the type of work, conditions of employment, providing they can show that despite the restrictions they still have a ‘reasonable’ prospect of obtaining employment. Reasonable prospect is obviously open to interpretation and there appears to be no further timelines quoted in any legislation or guidance.

In my case, I have somewhat widened the scope of my job search within my niche, but no further than that, and have resisted attempts by the JCP and Ingeus to push me into looking at any NMW vacancies. Whilst they clearly baulk at the idea of somebody standing their ground, they seem to begrudginly accept it.

Don't wish to sound arrogant, and I'm sure there may come a time when I may have to conceed to lowering my expectations, but for me, in my particular circumstances, that time is not yet.

I will see how the 'candidate pool' thing reveals itself and treat it accordingly :)

Something I've been quite interested in hearing other peoples opinions on is how long should any of us be able to continue to seek employment within a certain sector before we have to expand our horizons, or lower our objectives, whichever way you want to look at it!

It used to be thirteen weeks before having to look at the wider range of vacancies as I recall. For the record, I spent quite a bit of time unemployed and did a few temp jobs at NMW, There were certain jobs that I wouldn't do, such as: Customer facing retail, telesales/cold-calling, and working outside or in low temperatures.

One of the temp jobs has lead to a permanent roll with flexible hours and a decent renumeration package (for the amount of work I do). You will generally find it much easier to find work in your chosen field if you already have a job (even a NMW one).

I have to agree with Mr P if you go to the Jobcentre and say you are only looking for a certain job they can penalise you for restricting available jobs you can apply for. Ingeus just wants to get you into work and earn their escalating fee .The candidate pool is a bit of a misnomer in reality if an agency has several vacancies at one place they will call everyone to attend a form filling session. Whether it is stacking boxes or on a production line if you fail to attend or apply for the vacancies they can put you forward for a sanction. Ingeus and others aren't really there to help like all the work programme providers they are there to make a profit and if they have harass, hassle hound and humiliate you to achieve that end they will do so

Yes. And the funny thing is when I attended Ingeus, one useless adviser seriously said I was looking in TOO MANY job categories. Even though I had some experience / qualifications in them. Consistency and the DWP may as well be in different universes.

Kxo stated quote "I came home to find 2 missed calls and a text message from my Ingeus adviser saying she had tried to get in contact with me. I left a message with her at 1pm today, explaining that I'd gotten the "fit note" from my GP and that I wouldn't be able to attend my job searching appointment because I was going to the job centre to hand it in and speak to an adviser. They're closed now, so I can't phone back, but I assume I'll be bombarded with calls/texts tomorrow, so, my question is, what do I say?

Is she entitled to any more information than I already gave her in my message?"

LMFAO note not laughing at you but at the "Ingeus adviser "

Enough is enough shes been hounding you and its time it stopped. so the answer is NO shes not entitled to any more info (imho)