Harassment by MBNA

steven4064
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just make sure you send them a letter with your financial statement - send recorded delivery (they will not respond to your letter of help) - keep any letters they send to you! Send in the CCA with a £1 postal order (do not sign) along with telephone harrassment letter.

You will find it does get quite amusing how they conduct themselves!! you will be stressed no more.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks i will post a new therad I have been looking for the basics on SAR and CCA ie template letter but there are so many posts can somebody direct me to the correct thread? I would be grateful in the mean time I will post my history and still try to look.

harrassed

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Please make sure you send everything recorded delivery because they will continue to insist they haven't received any letters :mad:

And please make sure you keep an A4 pad by your phone and log all their calls. Don't speak to them on the phone:mad:

Hi all,

I've had more calls from MBNA / AEGIS than i can count... last weekend I had a particularly determined attempt from someone called "Craig" at one point both my mobile and home line ringing by Craig...i felt under seige...

Whilst not exactly menacing, he was rude and threatening kept talking over me, I put the 'phone down and he rang again.. ultimately sounding more reasonable..

there were a number of unusaul numbers used ..

for the record these were..

Anyone else heard fron Craig ?

FOTN

...that one I've seen a few times!

Seems to be an MBNA Village Bike mobile number...anyone gets to ride it!

Some harridan called Christeeeen was riding it when the number called me.

She shouted at my Answer phone a few times, which must've made her feel a whole lot better. Well, I can only assume it did, because she kept on doing it.

However, I gave her calls a good dose of ignoring, exactly the same as I gave all the other MBNA F-Wit calls a good dose of ignoring.

Life is too short to take calls from foul mouthed single brain cell Telephone Hoodies (especially when the stinky little suckers are out of grabbing range).

Cheers,

BRW

I'll tag into this thread as I'm hoping for a bit of assistance with my own claim for harassment. The thread is at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/173426-cap-one-get-bashing.html

Very quickly, gone down the path of telling them many times to stop calling. Calls were not for me, but someone else. They say could be someone in my household but name originally asked for was totally unknown to me. All calls logged, finally got them to stop when I issued a LBA. They were given until Feb 12th to apologise and pay compensation, all I got was a letter saying they thought the calls were 'reasonable' in trying to contact someone, despite being told 'in writing only'.

So - prepared to take them to court, but need help in what to say in my application (N1). Loads of acts noted, but it's know what one point to make the main one. OFDT and OfCom guidelines also referred to.

Application going in this week so any help much appreciated. Thanks

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

I am in a dispute with MBNA over a couple of accounts. They have been unable to supply a CCA for them, but have continued with their usual collections treatment. One of the tactics that bugs me is their strategy of sending letters to my previous addresses. My parents have passed one of these on to me and today one of my friends, who I used to share a house with, also passed me a letter addressed to me at one of my previous addersses.

I think this is probably a breach of principle 7 of the data protection act - if a lender knows where you live, and I have never disputed this with them, then I don't think it is acceptable for them to send private correspondence to an address that they know full well that I don't live at.

Does anyone have a view on the legality of this behaviour, and specifically how to address it with MBNA?

All that springs to mind here is manual intervention, with a lump of 3x2 !

love the sentiment, but I need a legal way to give these f#ers a good hiding. MBNA are, without doubt, the the most irritating bunch of clowns I have encountered yet (barclays/mercers/calders are giving it their best shot though).

love the sentiment, but I need a legal way to give these f#ers a good hiding. MBNA are, without doubt, the the most irritating bunch of clowns I have encountered yet (barclays/mercers/calders are giving it their best shot though).

I've pointed to my Crapitall One thread, a couple of posts above, as I'm currently writing up the details of my claim against them to lodge with the court in the next couple of days.

It does need more people to take these idiots through the legal process and get judges to decide what is 'reasonable' with relation to harassment by phone and everything.

Most of the time I would say that where a person has written to the company concerned and said 'in writing only', particularly on the grounds of distress or sheer distrust that the operatives can write up the conversation correctly, then they should ONLY call if the person then refuses to deal with the matter in writing. That sounds fair to me. Even then, they should not be making daily calls, but I'm not here to set the rules.

The way my case has gone is that the calls were not even for me. Crap One now say that they may have been trying to contact a member of my household, but letters will have been sent to say 'in writing only'.

Anyway, I'm quite happy to take this to the court and see what happens. It's just a case of knowing what points to raise ro make it a legal claim, rather than asking for a slap on the wrist for the offenders for breaking guidelines a la OFT.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

On the matter of MBNA harrassment, has anybody else received very pretty postcards with a sort note from "a friend" saying somthing like "not heard from you in a while, please call me on xxxxxxx" I had 2/3 of these, unsolicited, had written notes.

My ex-brother in law works for this "bank" if only his parents knew how allegedly un-ethical their tactics are!

Wow, I think I am in for a rough ride!! Wrote to them in Dec telling them no more payments I had seperated from my husband and (quite literally had no cash). Jan was fairly quiet (odd standard letter). But over the last week calls for AEGIS have started around 3 per day to home and then to my absolute horror I was on hol yesterday and a colleague left me an email to say 'Virgin Media' (MBNA debt is a Virgin Mastercard) - then when I came into work this morning two calls in 5 minutes from some indian woman. I told her I had never heard of me (lol) but she was very insistent and wanted my name - what she did get is the phone put down on her.

Anyway sent ANOTHER letter of complaint to Mr M Bailey who he listed on FSA register as the complaints contact.

Chester Business Park

Chester

Cheshire

CH4 9FB

Ph: 44 01244 672 628

Fax: 44 01244 672 190

customeradvocate.office@mbna.com

I have taken legal advice and they should not phone you are work. Legal advice was to read following statement (or similar)when they ring - also include it in your harassment letter:

I do not, and never have, disputed I owe you money

Your persistent calling is causing me anxiety and stress

Some of the calls are being received by my son/daughter/mother etc or (in the case of calls to be workplace) a work place colleague

I am currently going through a set of unfortunate and very difficult personal circumstances which I have made you aware of in my letters.

I am happy to cooperate with you (in writing) in any way, including exploring further aspects of my budget

Read through the the OFT Debt Collection Guidance and the BBA Bank Code Guidance (para 14.2).

The clowns at MBNA will push it because a lot of people will just 'roll over' - I for one will stand up to them and if they ring me at work again I will go round to their offices and cause a scene! I will get off my soap box now!

Edited by GirlAloud

I am becoming 'experienced' having just spent a month fighting firstplus and 100 calls in 4 weeks!

To be honest I ignore the calls at home but no caller ID at work plus it is hard to get heated as I share an office. I have spoken to OFCOM and TS. I also complained to FLA and FOS re. FP and the calls did stop. I have also spoken to Neil Mercer of Curtis solictors. At best MBNA may 'bending' the rules at worst they are breaking the law as in most cases they are dealing with vulnerable people who they know are likely to 'cave in'.

Thing is (like bank charges) the public are becoming increasingly aware that MBNA and similar should not be harassing the way they do. I would urge anyone to complain as strongly as possible - these people like phone harassment as it is much easier to bully and intimidate.

100 calls in 4 weeks? I think you shold take them to court under ss3&5 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 if you have the evidence. If you don't, then send them a Subject Access Request asking for their records of all their calls to you.

This has to stop.

100 was a conservative estimate (7 days per week, often start before 9am and continue past 8pm) - did not include the odd the text and witheld numbers - this was with less than one month of arrears. Took 7 harassment letters, 2 calls, complaints to OFT, FLA, FOB and OFCOM and the advice of Neil Mercer to get them to stop. However, they never rang at work - did not take MBNA long to go down that route. From reading some of the horrendous stories on here MBNA make FP look like angels.