Harassment by MBNA

steven4064
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please i need help NOW

just had another call from frank casey god i am shaking

talks like he is a customer tried to get him off the phone

asked if the call was recorded no why should if

asked if he had harrasement letter and said he would look

starts going on about payments , then i asked if he should do some sec checks. No he did'nt need to so asked if i was xxx again, no i am her daughter. so told me i was breaking dpa and i told him to go a head and report me PLEASE. he then got quite nasty so i hung up.

he has rang back again asking for the manager, i asked what it was in connection with won't tell me. Then asked what company won't tell him

he then in a sly way said I HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION I NEED then hung up. If my company find out i will be in trouble (the phone number they now own was mine before i gave it to them)

what can i do they had have two letters

please any tips

Hot air!! He can do NOTHING. Credit crunch is making them desperate. Send harassment letter to:

Mark Bailey

Chester Business Park

Chester

Cheshire

CH4 9FB

Ph: 44 01244 672 628

Fax: 44 01244 672 190

customeradvocate.office@m bna.com

Make sure you make it clear the multitude of codes they are breaching. Further more make it clear this must stop immediately.

• Haha 1

thanks i enjoy a good fight but this is making me ill , i use the phone for incoming calls at work and its getting to the point were i won't pick it up

if it was my home phone i could manage that but the company record incoming calls and i am so worried they are going to find out about this.

what codes do i need to make them aware of and shall i send by letter and fax (already had two harr letters ) since last friday

yet another call

If they ring me again at work, I am going to drive to Chester to sort them out myself!!

See my post of 17 Feb for what I did, details of the codes etc - send your letter by registered post, fax and email to Mark Bailey - he is named on FSA register as contact for customer complaints. Make it clear this behaviour has to stop or you will pursue a case for harassment.

Minor issue, but I removed my phone numbers from where I used to logon to check my credit card (there was an update details tab).

I am wondering (though I understand he is a busy man) whether Neil Mercer would consider some form of class action against MBNA?? Just a thought!

Edited by GirlAloud

God i have just gone into e call thats shows what calls we have had on our 0845 and have found out they are using that to ring me, we get charged for these calls and the company records them, think i am feeling sick now

i don't know how they have got that number

Don't forget these people are essentially collectors who I suspect are on a bonus based on the amount of money they can squeeze out of you. Therefore they will try ANYTHING and it is fairly easy to track telephone numbers and they will have access to all sorts of personal data. They are going to push you until they realise they can no longer get away with it. Write to them like I did and also put a complaint in to OFCOM (they don't investigate individual complaints but look for patterns). Register a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman and finally ring Consumer Direct and register a further complaint.

I would ring OFCOM and Consumer Direct - they will give you a nice reference number. Financial Ombudsman complaint form is online - but you need to print it, sign it and send it. Cover every base!! Good luck.

Don't want to tempt fate - but since I complained to M Bailey and deleted my numbers I've had no calls.

I told MBNA (A+L?) I would be filing a police report for harassment - naming their CEO for instigating calls. I also got my MP involved on a separate issue of their threatening letters when they say they 'may' get bailiffs, stat demand, doorstep etc etc - all this for ONE late payment. My MP then wrote to FOS (zzzzzzzzz) to ask what could be done on my behalf (zzzzzzzzzz) but by this time MBNA had got the message not to mess. No more phone calls.

letter and email gone high lighted second letter and copied oft and ofcom

will let you know what happens next. as i said i could cope with calls on home number but works its driving me mad and that frank casey seems to be the worse one to deal with

Probably not even his real name!! Ringing at work is designed to do only one thing embarass - even if we were willing to talk to them, no one in their right mind is going to do it at work. I had some idiot from India ringing me at work!! It has taught me one thing, should I ever sign a credit agreement again (unlikely now for the next 6 years at least!!) but I will NEVER give any of my phone numbers.

I have heard a couple of interesting comparisons on here:

- in the same way you can't get blood out of a stone, we can't grow money on trees for these people. Certainly in my case, they can get in a long queue

- giving someone unsecured credit is like betting on a horse - sometimes the horse will win and you will get your money plus your winnings (interest), other times something will happen and the horse will lose through no fault of its own - would you then hound the bookie for your money back - no!!

Good luck.

Probably not even his real name!! Ringing at work is designed to do only one thing embarass - even if we were willing to talk to them, no one in their right mind is going to do it at work.
OFT gGuide on Debt Collection:
Physical/psychological harassment

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. contacting debtors at unreasonable times and at unreasonable intervals

j. acting in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor either deliberately or through lack of care, for example, by not putting correspondence in a sealed envelope and putting it through a letterbox, thereby running the risk that it could be read by third parties.

when I complained to ICO about MBNA phoning me at work they said that it was ok as they could but assume I'd given them my works number!!

I'm still in shock at that response to be honest. The Ofcom adviser quoted the clauses above and actually strongly suggested I complained to ICO... and then they fail miserably.

when I complained to ICO about MBNA phoning me at work they said that it was ok as they could but assume I'd given them my works number!!

I'm still in shock at that response to be honest. The Ofcom adviser quoted the clauses above and actually strongly suggested I complained to ICO... and then they fail miserably.

so what their are saying is we are on our own?

the guy today said he did'nt have to runover the sec checks since i had answered i was xxxx and thats all he needs.

well i am ready for them tomorrow was going to start getting even

how does this sound

hi can i speak to xxx

sorry she is off now till 1-03-09 lucky sod has just gone to bahamas on holiday god knows where she gets the money but still life is to short

thanks for calling!

think that will get they back up

Sounds brilliant to me, say you think they've had a lottery win and not sure they are gonna come back he he:D

If you feel I have helped please tickle my scales;)

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

They are onto my MBNA Acc.1 for me and at least they got MBNA to sit up, reply in writing to me, 1st class post that arrived the next day, and they apologised for not sending my SAR that I requested in October and they would send it asap :eek: Let's see......:mad:

I have tried oft, info commissioner, offcom. trading standards, police you name it.... i must admit trading standards have now taking on my complaint to investigate and I finally got a choose to refuse block on my home phone to bar their numbers.... this is hard though as its a call centre and they have loads of alternative numbers.... i will change my mobile soon... when they ring i say that the person they want has moved but they dont give up

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

Phone calls from MBNA.

2 telephone calls on mob 7th

1 message on mob 6th

I missed call on mob 7th

2 calls on house line 7th

1 message to contact Aegis [ didn't know who the bugger they were)

I phoned MBNA on 7th paid now up till Feb

8th recieved letter from Aegis informing to contact them as instructedby MBNA

I phoned Aegis this pm

They are a company in India

They do not have a registered address in the uk

I was told they work on behalf of MBNA

Their number is 0808 101 3404

If you wish to lodge a complaint about them I was told you need to contact MBNA

i'm intrested in this tread, my wife has just had a call from them too at work. i reasached this company when they wrote to me. then they called. they asked for payment. told them that i didn't reconise them as a company and how did i not know that they were not a con! tryin g to get info out of me for fraud...... he promptly passed me on to a supervisor who told me they worked wih mbma as well. told him the same story and that i would not talk to him.

the calls ae really what gets me down most i've chalked up is 9 missed calls in two hours!

had them call at 8 am this morning! then again at 8.20 both for my wife wo i had previously told them that she was at work. agan told them that at 8.20 did they think she would be back from work that early!

i'm intrested in this tread, my wife has just had a call from them too at work. i reasached this company when they wrote to me. then they called. they asked for payment. told them that i didn't reconise them as a company and how did i not know that they were not a con! tryin g to get info out of me for fraud...... he promptly passed me on to a supervisor who told me they worked wih mbma as well. told him the same story and that i would not talk to him.

the calls ae really what gets me down most i've chalked up is 9 missed calls in two hours!

had them call at 8 am this morning! then again at 8.20 both for my wife wo i had previously told them that she was at work. agan told them that at 8.20 did they think she would be back from work that early!

since i put choose to refuse service on my phone courtesy of bt they have stopped

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT