Express Mobiles

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya, how long is your contract for then? Mine was for 18 months! I'm not backing down with 02 they can say what they want but I'm still cancelling and I'll ignore their threats as it's disgusting what's happened to all of us and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it. I'm owed nearly £400 so if I cancel my contract now that cancel's it out if you know what I mean. I'm raving, I'm sending a letter to 02 giving them my notice and sending them every bit of documentation I have. It is their fault at the end of the day so they can deal with it! They can try and send it to the recovery agents!!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have now progressed through the MCOL process and obtain judgement by default. Though EM said they were going to defend the action they did not submit a defence within the 28 days. I am now going to file a warrant to obtain these funds but this will cost another £55. This all sounds a waste of money really but I am going to pursue this to the end.

Does anyone else have any similar experiences. Did you get your money? What is the trading position of Express/Yes Mobiles?

Hi Jerry, Express Mobiles/Yes mobiles have done exactly the same with me, said they were going to defend my claim but nothing happened again after that. I'm now at the part "judgement by defult" which I've just submitted. I can't see how we will get anything back though now that they've posted a statement on their website about having no money! Let me know if you have any updates!

Hi,

I took out a contract with Virgin mobile via Express mobiles in July 2007. I sent the bills after 3 months but never received a cheque. I spoke to trading standards today who advised me to call the Official Receiver's office as the company went into liquidisation in July 2007. The official receiver's office said that there was nothing I can do to get my money back as the company no longer exists. Also the only way to end my contract with virgin is to buy my way out. Does anyone know if there is any truth in any of this? Thanks.

Nationwide

13/10/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

01/11/06 - Statements received

02/11/06 - Prelim letter sent

11/11/06 - Standard response to prelim

14/11/06 - LBA sent

17/11/06 - Standard response to LBA

04/12/06 - MCOL Issued

06/12/06 - MCOL Acknowledged

07/12/06 - Paid (almost in full)

HSBC

14/10/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

25/10/06 - Statements received

02/11/06 - Prelim letter sent

23/11/06 - LBA sent

31/01/07 - MCOL Issued (finally!!)

07/02/07 - MCOL Acknowledged

I've just gone through the court process and entered a judgement by default today, as EM never defended the claim although they responded (to the court) that they would. I think that was just a tactic to buy time because to my disappointment I've now discovered that they've gone bankrupt(through this forum). Does this mean their Receivers will not consider me a secured creditor since I have a court judgement backing my claim? Please comment, I've just gone from a high to a low in the past 10 mins! I'm being owed £500.

I've just gone through the court process and entered a judgement by default today, as EM never defended the claim although they responded (to the court) that they would. I think that was just a tactic to buy time because to my disappointment I've now discovered that they've gone bankrupt(through this forum). Does this mean their Receivers will not consider me a secured creditor since I have a court judgement backing my claim? Please comment, I've just gone from a high to a low in the past 10 mins! I'm being owed £500.

There is much annoying and frustrating miss information on this thread so be sure to investigate things yourself.

The express mobiles quoted is not the same as the express mobiles you are dealing with.

A better thread to look at is moneysavingsexpert.com.

Type express mobiles into google to find it

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Jerry, Express Mobiles/Yes mobiles have done exactly the same with me, said they were going to defend my claim but nothing happened again after that. I'm now at the part "judgement by defult" which I've just submitted. I can't see how we will get anything back though now that they've posted a statement on their website about having no money! Let me know if you have any updates!

Jerry/NG123

Has anyone received any more contact from Courts with regards to their claims or received any money from 'judgement by default'? or even attended a Court Hearing?

I've just found this page - after having no cheques back so far. I've sent 3 claims and am just coming up to 12 months and about to send the 4th, but upon emailing the "care@" address my email bounced! I recall once phoning up to chase my first cheque and was told it was being processed "now" and would be with me shortly. Obviously a lie..as nothing arrived. Several emails only resulted in either no reply or "Claims are being processed in the order they are received" standard email, the last one stating "I am currently on annual leave" back in june. Yes mobiles and telco still have websites up, and if you check the T&C on yes mobiles website the phone number listed on there is the same one for express mobiles. They owe me coming up to £480, so I'm going to contact yes mobiles and put a claim in. If i get no joy I'll have to contact TS i guess, is anyone still having any success?

Cheers

The moneysavingsexpert web page is currently down for maintenance by the way.

And, I downloaded a copy of Express Mobiles T&C back when it was on their site so if anyone wants it, I can upload it somewhere.

Edited by Royster
additional info at the end

I just found this page on Express mobile. Thought you all might want to see for yourselves the person responsible for ripping us all off.

http

://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2008/07/free-phone-from-express-mobile.html

P.S. Please enter the 'http' before the rest of the link. I had to do this as it wouldn't let me post links up.

I bet he is just laughing at us all knowing that there may be something we could do through the legal system but we don't know how. He gets warnings by the law etc. but he still carries on. I think we should do what citizens of other countries (e.g Thailand, Tibet, China) do and that is to protest right to the man himself, all we are doing now is speaking and not being heard! I have been lucky enough to downgrade my contract with O2 to £15 a month after 3 months as I told them about Express and they did that out of good will. But I am still fed up that he can still carry on trading! We have his Address, we can protest right up to his front door and he can't do anything, he doesn't own the pavement! I live in London and I would be more than happy to drive up to his place and stay there all day, at least we can let all his neighbours and everyone around there know what he has been doing to all of us! We need to get our own back on him! If it makes the news it would really be the icing on the cake! I would be more than happy to start the facebook group for all of us together!

Jerry/NG123

Has anyone received any more contact from Courts with regards to their claims or received any money from 'judgement by default'? or even attended a Court Hearing?

WHEN IT APPEARED THAT EM WERE A GONNA I DECIDED TO CUT MY LOSSES. I HAD RECEIVED NO MONEY FROM EM AFTER THE JUDGEMENT BY DEFAULT AND TO SEND THE BAILIFFS IN WOULD COST ME ANOTHER £85. CHANCES WERE THAT THERE WOULD BE NOTHING OF VALUE THEY COULD LAY THEIR HANDS ON SO THATS IT AS FAR I AM CONCERNED. THE MORAL OF THIS STORY IS THAT IF SOMETHING APPEARS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE THEN THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE THAT IT IS A RIP OFF...

• 2 months later...
Does anyone have a genuine address, company registration, etc. (not a PO Box number) for Express Mobiles? I propose taking them to the Small Claims Court, but need these basic details before I start. Thanks.

Hi, yes i,m in the same problem they(Express Mobiles) owe me £560.00 cashback upto 22nd Nov 2008 of which i have not got a penny!

I have several addressess for them i'll give you them if you promise me & email me back what you do & what happens with your claim, thx Ash7786.

Yes Mobiles Ltd t/a Express Mobiles

24 PICTON HOUSE, HUSSAR COURT, WATERLOOVILLE, HAMPSHIRE, PO7 7SQ.

YES MOBILES LTD t/a EXPRESS MOBILES

11, DRAGON HOUSE

HUSSAR COURT

WATERLOOVILLE

HAMPSHIRE

PO7 7SF.

Let me know how it goes my friend lots & lots of luck because your gonna need it . . .

Hi, yes i,m in the same problem they(Express Mobiles) owe me £560.00 cashback upto 22nd Nov 2008 of which i have not got a penny!

I have several addressess for them i'll give you them if you promise me & email me back what you do & what happens with your claim, thx Ash7786.

Yes Mobiles Ltd t/a Express Mobiles

24 PICTON HOUSE, HUSSAR COURT, WATERLOOVILLE, HAMPSHIRE, PO7 7SQ.

YES MOBILES LTD t/a EXPRESS MOBILES

11, DRAGON HOUSE

HUSSAR COURT

WATERLOOVILLE

HAMPSHIRE

PO7 7SF.

Let me know how it goes my friend lots & lots of luck because your gonna need it . . .

Sorry i forgot the company Registered No is :- 05153040.

I hope this info is of great help & support to you my friend GOOD LUCK!

Just an update from my part: Trading Standards told me there was no point in trying - they're bust, tough luck pal - back in July/August time. I sent a letter to O2 and Carphone Warehouse O2 (two different entities apparently), and CWO2 phoned back, tried to give me the number and email, which we know are dead... I told the chap that (very nice and apologetic), and he explained that basically I (we?) hold two contracts - one with CWO2 (or I assume whoever you are with) and one with EM - we pay CWO2, and the one with EM is just to have a phone and cashback. If I want to cancel my contract with CWO2 I have to buy myself out, so it's not worth it at all.

Looking through these posts again, it seems like it's all over. Trading Standards arn't helping (thank goodness I paid all those taxes), and the company has dissappeared. All I got from CWO2 was being allowed to reduce my tarrif by one tarrif per month, so I'm down from £40 to £35 and month.

Thank goodness I live in Britian. Greatest legal system and right for the people in the World.

• 1 month later...

The company to sue or claim from is TELCO Ltd T/A EXPRESS MOBILES. Just use the small claims online. Telco Ltd have operated as Express Mobiles as evidenced by cheques which they sent to customers late 2007 and early 2008. They will send you letters claiming they can strongly defend your claims, indeed they will defend. Once the court calls them for hearing they won't come resulting in judgement by default. As long as you have claimed from TELCO Ltd, they will eventually pay. Don't be fooled into thinking you were stupid to take their contract or to think that you are just one of their victims. You still can get you money, especially if they have ever paid you something. Telco people have a tendency of operating multiple companies as we all know. As for address you can use 5c - 5e The Tanneries, East Street, Titchfield Fareham Hampshire PO14 4AR. Aluta continua!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys and galls i'm new here so please be gentle.

I too had a problem with Express mobiles also known by a variety of other names and like Rahoy I sent the bailiffs, at last a reply came from the court saying the company no longer trades from The Tanneries and so unfortunately I cannot collect anything as they have nothing. So after following all procedures I am out of pocket all the costs including court and bailiff costs totalling £715 so I wish anyone good luck in finding the Guy responsible. Express said on the summons that they were going to fight/contest the case but never did so I won by default but now the bailiffs have been they are no longer there. Please let us know anyone lucky enough.

Edited by odsalpete
spelling mistakes

I also have a similar case with express mobiles. I sent the 1st 3mths bill to them since Jan 08, they have not sent any cheque ever since. The lady told me that there cheque book had finished and they will send the cheque as soon as possible. I presume it will be appropriate if express mobiles is reported to the "financial ombudsman". i have not been able to reach them on phone.

since they are in breach of the contract by not paying the 120gbp for each qtr, after i had sent the phone bills.

• 1 month later...

Sent a court summons to Yes Mobiles - got returned. They closed up their premises at Hussar Court, Waterlooville but Royal Mail suggested a new address. Sent it there. Both recorded delivery. Deadline for response passed today. Nothing. So the scheduled court case (next Friday) won't go ahead.

Signing a minute at the court on Monday. They will then send someone to collect the full fee. Not hopeful though. Bet they've done a runner.

Also, not sure if Yes Mobiles were the right people to serve the summons to. Conflicting reports on this forum (Telco another name I'd heard, since they signed the cheques). All I know is that Yes are still trading, Express are not (according to Companies House).

Will try to keep you all posted.

Rahoy7

• 4 weeks later...

I just felt i wanted to make a comment about express mobiles. Aug 2007 I took out an 18 month contract and was connected to Orange. like everyone else when it came to claimback, things took a turn for the worse. i did manageto get a chq from express mobiles back in feb 2008, but nothing else as yet. I to have taken them to the small claims court, which EM said they would defend. Lo and behold thy didn't defend so I won by default. Anyway after contacting Orange, they offered a slightly reduced tarrif, but as this then changed my terms and conditions i decided against. In Aug 2008, i stopped paying my direct debit to Orange as I hold them equally responsible for the line rental etc. I now ow Orange £181.16, and have their collection dept on mytail, But i am now telling their legal department that i won't pay because Orange should also be accountable for this cashback MESS. The mobile phone companies, have been in correspondence with ofcom, and petitions have been sent to Downing street, mobile companies should treat these clim baks fairly, and this is not happening. I am prepared to go to court, if necessary, to help people who get caught in these traps by unscrupulous dealers looked after.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you know , Orange called today and their legal team have reviewed my claim of non payment for the line, and the have waived the charge for the line rental. so although i am still waiting for my cashback to be paid, i have now not paid anymore monies to Orange for the line, so Thank you Orange. ( i did stop using the phone in aug 08)

• 4 weeks later...

Express Mobiles

Refuse payment-the solicitors who contact you eventually will tell you that "You will have been MISSOLD this contract "and you will not in the end be liable for the contract.?!

Does anyone know the personell behind this company? They have caused us alot of grief here and we might want to identify these people again.

I was cold called by Kyle initially!

The chairman of carphone warehouse we all know (they own Vanilla mobiles?)(who supplied my phone).!!! I spoke to Charlotte and Alex there.

I think I also spoke to a Samantha!(Is this Samantha Ashworth?)

I was SWINDLED out of £135 having been told the service was free:evil::mad: