Express Mobiles

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There are TWO contracts here. If you are asking them to return your line rental, you're asking the wrong firm. Your contract with Yes usually only requires to you send the required documentation - you've never actually paid them anything.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are u sure that they are the same company. I have phoned and written letters and e-mails to express mobiles at po box 582 fareham but never received an answer or acknowledgement. I have now given them a deadline of March 17th before i take the threatened action of trading standards and the small claims court. This date has nearly been reached and i still have not received a reply. I'll go to trading standards next monday but i do need to know the correct company and address for the court action.

TELCO appear to be the parent company of Yes mobiles.

Is it YES Mobiles that i need to take action against. ?

Name & Registered Office:

TELCO LIMITED

24 PICTON HOUSE

HUSSAR COURT

WATERLOOVILLE

HAMPSHIRE

PO7 7SQ

Company No. 05078200

Name & Registered Office:

YES MOBILES LIMITED

24 PICTON HOUSE

HUSSAR COURT

WATERLOOVILLE

HAMPSHIRE

PO7 7SQ

Company No. 05153040

As I noted in Msg # 22 there are MANY outlets using the trading style 'Express Mobile' you need to discover whether the firm you are dealing with IS in fact a registered company (Limited) or run by a private individual or partnership, only then will any LBAs and subsequent legal action become effective.

Incidentally, you cannot take action against a 'parent' company if the one you are dealing with is already a Ltd company in its own right. If the company is indeed Express Mobile Ltd, any action against the two other named firms will fail. Only if Express Mobiles is a trading style of one of them, in which case your action will be against; (for example) Yes Mobiles Limited (Company Reg 05153040 - Trading As 'Express Mobiles') or whatever.

Well still no reply to emails or recorded delivery letters. Their phone is now out of service - so we can no longer talk to our beloved Samantha. So unfortunately it looks like they are going the distance and going to court. I have found the company to take action against is TELCO LTD. Has anyone else actually taken them to court? What was the result.

Oh dear, I also have tried phoning them today only to find a recorded message telling you to go to their website, which doesn't exist. They are due me cheques from september 2007 till now, I havent recieved anything from them and now I cant even contact them!! Can anyone offer me some advice on what to do please?

thanks, kit

Hi everyone, well, i sent a rather threatening e-mail to our dear samantha yeaterday and lo and behold she telephoned me today with the same old excuses, apparently they have "run out of cheques" anyhow, this is the number she called me from :08702259259. I posted this number on the moneysavingexpert forum and people have been able to reach her. i'm not sure how long she will have this number for so my suggestion would be for as many of us to phone her before its either changed or is cut off.

Good luck

I also have suffered from this [problem]! I sent my first three months' bills by post to an address in Fareham supplied by Express Mobile on the telephone. After waiting over a month I chased them to be told they had never arrived and I should scan and email them.

My email was acknowledged by a standard message from Sam Ashworth (Samantha I was told) dated 31st October 2007 (my email went off in Jan 2008) saying my bills had gone to the Accounts Department and I should wait 28 days. Since then I've sent off my next 3 months' bills and received the same acknowldegment from 'Sam'. I have now received a letter telling me that 'they are unable to process my claim as I had failed to comply with their cheque back procedure which is fully set out in our terms and conditions a copy of which was sent out to you in the parcel together with the mobile telephone (I don't think it was!)'

Has anyone heard of someone getting any cash back for this!

Meanwhile I have a 15 year old who is delighted with his new contract telephone and a husband who is triumphant with his 'I told you so's' when I started all this!

Hi everyone,

We sent our first 3 bills via e mail to Express Mobiles - did everything ok and had a confirmation E mail that we would receive our first cheque within 28 days. That was way back in December! Since then we have had various replies to E Mails and a Freefone Number which this company did have but has now been disconnected ranging from "the office was shut until Jan 3rd - we are catching up with paperwork" to the latest "we have run out of cheques and are waiting for new cheque books". Each time we have been told that our cheque is a High Priority and will be sent out by Registered Post within 3 working days. Each time when we have managed to speak on the phone, the woman who answers sounds completely genuine and assures us that we have done everything correctly and we will be reimbursed very soon. I had enough last night and sent an e mail stating that they have now breached their T & Cs which clearly state that a cheque will be sent back 28 days after the request is received, and threatening legal action if I receive nothing within the next 3 days. They have not even bothered to reply!! I am so mad and will not now let them get away with this. We all work hard for our money and there is no way that we would have tied ourselves into a contract costing £40 per month without the lure of cashback which we were going to use to put towards a family holiday. I think that our next step will be to contact Hampshire Trading Standards and the Small Claims Court. I know it's hassle that no one has the time for but maybe if we all do it we will get somewhere. Watch this space!!!!!!!

Now have Ryan on 0870 225 9259 looking into it and trying to tell me that I was never registered on their cheque back scheme until I pointed out I had their acknowledgements to my emails and a letter telling me why they weren't going to pay me anything!

Folks,

I'm having all the same problems as you. My first cheque arrived no problem after 28 days. My 2nd has not yet - 37 days and counting. When they were taking phone messages they told me that my claim was valid, etc. but that they had 'run out of cheques.' Then they stopped taking calls on their freephone number but said to e-mail in. After initially getting the odd response to say that they aare waiting on the cheques arriving, they are now no longer answering either care@expressmobiles.uk.com, chequeback@expressmobiles.uk.com or support at expressmobiles.uk.com. I have sent over 40 e-mails.

I rang the number I got on this site, namely, (0870) 225-9259, and various Nicola and Ryan have said that they cannot put me through to Sally Bowles (the head of the chequeback scheme), nor does she have a number. They themselves have to e-mail her. This is dubious and they have no, more or less, told me to stop calling but to e-mail.

I spoke to the OFT who told me to write to Sally Bowles, recorded delivery, giving her 14 days to respond. I also e-mailed this letter. If she does not, then the OFT - Consumer Direct (who have given me a case number in the meantime), will persue my case.

Those I spoke to on the phone know this...I even told them I will get my solicitor involved and take it to the Small Claims Court, but they don't care, I don't think.

In 13 days, I will call back the OFT, unless by some miracle, Sally gets back to me.

Hi I'm just another angry, frustrated and downright fed up casualty of express mobiles. My problems started back in June of last year. I could kick myself now for being sucked in to such a [problem]. I have been fortunate to receive my first two chequebacks but it was'nt easy, telephoning on numerous occasions just to be fobbed off with lame excuses, I finally threatened court action which seemed to hit a nerve. Only now I'm in the same situation again, 28 days have been and gone and I am still waiting for my cheque. This time however they are no longer answering the phone and any emails I send remain unanswered. I finally lost it today and sent an email threatening them with court action if I do not receive my money in a week, truth is I don't hold out any hope from what I have read. I really don't know where to go from here. I like many other people in this situation cannot afford to shell out the money each month with no return, to make matters worse I hardly use the phone, I only took up the deal because I thought it was free. I could really do with some support right now.

Hi everyone,

We sent our first 3 bills via e mail to Express Mobiles - did everything ok and had a confirmation E mail that we would receive our first cheque within 28 days. That was way back in December! Since then we have had various replies to E Mails and a Freefone Number which this company did have but has now been disconnected ranging from "the office was shut until Jan 3rd - we are catching up with paperwork" to the latest "we have run out of cheques and are waiting for new cheque books". Each time we have been told that our cheque is a High Priority and will be sent out by Registered Post within 3 working days. Each time when we have managed to speak on the phone, the woman who answers sounds completely genuine and assures us that we have done everything correctly and we will be reimbursed very soon. I had enough last night and sent an e mail stating that they have now breached their T & Cs which clearly state that a cheque will be sent back 28 days after the request is received, and threatening legal action if I receive nothing within the next 3 days. They have not even bothered to reply!! I am so mad and will not now let them get away with this. We all work hard for our money and there is no way that we would have tied ourselves into a contract costing £40 per month without the lure of cashback which we were going to use to put towards a family holiday. I think that our next step will be to contact Hampshire Trading Standards and the Small Claims Court. I know it's hassle that no one has the time for but maybe if we all do it we will get somewhere. Watch this space!!!!!!!

I really hope things work out for you, let me know how you get on. We all need support of others in times like these. I'm willing to try anything to get what is owed.

I'm another one you can add to this long list of angry customers. I've have recieved one cheque and thats it. I have threatened legal action but no response. I have been watching everyone write in with their experiences and all of them mirror my own. I am determined though...I will get them somehow to pay what they owe!!!

Why don't we all get together and shame this company and the network providers who are obviously party to what is going on. It takes people power not individuals to make a difference. I have contacted the tv programme Watchdog, but it seems that unless others contact and complain my views will fall on deaf ears.

I don't know if we are all talking about the same company and fortunately I think I have had a lucky escape. I received a call about getting business mobiles (as I own a business) and everything seemed ok..............until I received no phones and a bill from Orange for £70!! I called Orange and stopped everything I could, they were very helpful and said Express Mobiles are now in Wellingborough (Northants) I have a number and mobile numbers for 2 of their "Employees" if anyone has any more info or needs anymore, please let me know..Paul

I don't know if everyone who has posted on this site is following through with their threats of action, but i have spoken to my local trading standards office and complained about them giving them as many details as i possibly can. They have given me reference number etc, but they did say they were being investigated, whether that actually means anything will happen I don't know. But as Manda72 says, everyone has to follow through and complain to trading standards, watchdog, anyone. If we all make enough noise and complain then something has to happen. I reckon there must be thousands of us being ripped off by these people.

I have just joined this forum for the first time and can now be added to the list growing numbers that have fallen foul of this [problem].

I purchased 2 phones on a 18 month contract @ £40 pm each and it is 4 months now since I submitted my very first claim . I too have been met with the same excuses from EM , Xmas delays, cq in the post and waiting for a supply of cq books. I am now owed £240 and submitted my 2nd claim on 3 March so that's £480!

When the telephone service was disbanded it was only then that alarms bells well and truly started to ring and I subsequently found this forum on the website and my jaw dropped!

I have spoken to Oft and Consumer Direct but in truth the only way to pursue this further is through the small claims court ( CD advised it would be £40 but I would need to cq this out.

Action :

Called O2, they said that they would reduce my tariff to 2 x £20pm but at this stage I have said just to note this on file as if by chance I receive money back I will INVALIDATE any future claims with EM if I downgragde. It is a game of patience but at a cost! The company has not gone out of business yet but they hope that peolple like me will just simply give up and drop out of the equation.

I will now e-mail EM to say that they are in breach of their contract and if my cq is not received within 14 days I will take legal action and any costs for doing so will be added and to my claim. I will then send this letter by recorded delivery.

Does anyone know for sure if the their address is the same as stated on their T's & C's and has anyone started legal proceedings?

Also, iwould be interested to know from anyone if EM are still communicating by e-mail.

Hang on in there guys!

Not only have they disconnected the Accounts Department telephone but you can no longer use the care@expressmobiles.uk.com as one's emails just appear back in your own in-box. They were still working on 20th March as they acknowledged all my re-sent bills! Ha, ha, ha!!

I too am losing the will to live. Unfortunately I was never sent a copy of their T & C's so don't have an address. I know it was Fareham - can someone help there?

Hiya,

I've heard nothing from Sally or Express Mobiles - no surprise. Consumer Direct (part of the OFT) told me to write to EM. I sent this recorded delivery (Royal Mail has confirmed receipt) and also e-mailed it to them twice. This letter was received on the 19th. They have 14 days to respond. If they do not, it goes back to the OFT.

I also called Orange - they are saddened but can do nothing. They no longer deal with Express Mobiles but originally used companies such as them to drum up business on their behalf. But since the money due us is from EM and not Orange, there is nothing Orange can do.

I will contact Consumer Direct again when the 14 days expires (31 March). You should go down this route. They will give you a Case No., tell you to write to EM and then, after 14 days, will take up your case for you. The more of us who do this, the better!

Good luck!

Rahoy7

Hi, big gulp after reading all your posts, so sorry to hear there are so many people in this situation. I took out a contract last may 07 with yes-mobiles and each time i came to claim my cashback was told there was some problem or other. Anyway i persevered and eventually got my cheques, it wasn't until the change of name (suspicious i thought) that i have had big problems. My last claim sent on 15/01/08 has not been paid, i have had all the problems everyone else has had with them. Today i contacted consumer Direct who advised me to write to them etc, which i will do stating breach of contract etc. But it's not loooking good. I also contacted Orange my provider the chap i spoke to was very nice and sympathised but not a lot they can do, i was surprised to find my contract was taken out by The Carphone Warehouse (had no idea thought it was yes mobiles) Anyway Orange are going to reduce my call plan but i did have to push 4 this also i have the address for Orange complaints department, i am going to write to them complaining about their business practice of selling my details to third parties etc.

in case anyone wants this address it's :

Correspondence Department

Orange Pcs Plc

Po box 10

Patchway

Bristol

BS32 4BQ

I have no money to go the route of small claims but i will contact/write to anyone else i can find about this.

Also a painful thought but one i considered was ending contract with orange they wanted £250 early termination fee (terrible) but if in the end express are indeed gone for good if it had worked out cheaper to end contract than go on paying £40 a month i would have to have gone down that route.

Sorry for such a long post but thanks for all your comments and info guys, it has been a help to me:-) . I truly didn't realise there were so many people who have been duped by this company.:mad:

Not only have they disconnected the Accounts Department telephone but you can no longer use the care@expressmobiles.uk.com as one's emails just appear back in your own in-box. They were still working on 20th March as they acknowledged all my re-sent bills! Ha, ha, ha!!

I too am losing the will to live. Unfortunately I was never sent a copy of their T & C's so don't have an address. I know it was Fareham - can someone help there?

Hi

Their address is as follows:

Express Mobiles, PO Box 582,

Fareham, Hampshire PO14 4FQ

I have sent them another e-mail threatening legal action this am which has yet to be delivered or read . I have given them 10 days to cough up and have also sent a letter by recorded delivery.

Good luck!

Express Mobiles