Express Mobiles

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am sitting up at 6.30 in the morning suffering insomnia in a big part due to my worries surrounding express mobiles. I knew from the as soon as I received the phone last June that something wasn't right, but apparently as I had used the phone I was now stuck in the contract. I always sent my cashback claims promptly and as asked. I did get my first cheque but that took forever to receive. Like you all I am now waiting. I am currently due the cheques for instalment 2 and 3. I have phoned and written emails and been given lots of different excuses as to why the cheques haven’t arrived.

When I first got the mobile the company was called yes mobiles and I think within the month of getting the phone it changed to express mobiles. From what I can tell Vanilla mobiles is a company within Carphone warehouse. Vanilla finds hundreds of other companies to get new customers for them. Express mobiles being one of them. I am really scared because I can't afford this anymore. I barely even use the phone as I’m with Orange and find the network range appalling. I even renewed my old contract because of this believing well at least I’ll get this 40 quid a month back. I hope to do all the writing and legal requirements to get my money but I’m never good at things like this. I’ll try to do all that’s been said including Watchdog.

Sorry for the long post. I'm just so upset.:mad:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got off the phone to try to get to the bottom of this [problem]. Heres how it went:

*I called O2 customer services, told them the situation and they tried to help. They were trying to get to the point of sale and they found that it was done via Carphone Warehouse. They told me that if i was mis-sold the contract deal then the contract would be in void. They told me i couldn't reduce my tariff until 9mths time. Was also told that if i was to end my contract i would have to pay the 18mths in full. Anyway they transferred me to CarphoneCarphone.

*Talked to Carphone, told them the situation (had to tell them twice - ditzy girl) They checked their systems and there is no mention of any cashback deals on there. They traced the point of sale to Vanilla mobiles which they forwarded me to.

*Told Vanilla mobiles the story and they know all to well the situation with Express mobiles. They even say themselves they don't have a contact number for them and that they are now only dealing with customers via email. I asked her if she knew then why is carphone still dealing with them? She told me carphone deal with over 400 affiliated companies which they don't know about. Surely carphone have to take some responsibility over this as they connect you to O2. But apparently they do not take any responsibility as they are a separate company. She advised me that the best course of action to take would be to send the copies of the invoices to them and inform the they have 14 days to respond. If they do not, write to Trading Standards and file a case as they will only process it if you have tried to make contact with them and given them 14 days.

So heres how the order they trade:

Express mobiles > Vanilla mobiles > Caphone Warehouse > O2, Orange, Vodaphone etc.

1) The course of action i am taking will be to pay my third bill (only been with them over a month but have paid twice already)

2) Send them the three copies of the invoices with a 14 day deadline to respond.

3) If they don't respond write or phone Trading Standards and take it to a small claims court.

4) Go to the bank to cut off my Direct Debit (You can do this via Internet banking also) just before my forth payment. The network provider can't do anything to get hold of your money. You also have good reason to protect you money.

I can just cut off the direct debit now but there would be no way to fight to win the money i lost. So i have to wait and pay my next bill knowing that it is all a [problem] just so that Express mobiles can 'do me wrong' so to speak and then i have a reason to cut off the Direct Debit and file a case against them to win me back my money. So all in all i stand to lose three months line rental costs (£135) but at least this way you wont have to worry about the monthly costs while you wait for your claim to be processed.

This is just one way of dealing with the problem. I hope this was of help to others in the same situation. Sorry for the long post.

Have just this minute received this e-mail from Sally Bowles so I haven't given up yet!

Thank-you for your e-mail

Your claim is pending, however due to our current financial circumstances there will be a delay in payment, this will be reviewed on Tuesday 8th April and we will contact you accordingly.

Kind Regards

Does anyone know what they're 'financial circumstances' are apart from dodgy?

icon1.gif

Hi All

I have received the latest response from Express Mobiles below. However, despite this I will still be going down the small claims court when their 14 days is up.

Good luck to everyone.

Thank-you for your e-mail.

Your claim is pending, however due to our current financial circumstances there will be a delay in payment, this will be reviewed on Tuesday 8th April and we will contact you accordingly.

Kind Regards

I just got off the phone to try to get to the bottom of this [problem]. Heres how it went:

*I called O2 customer services, told them the situation and they tried to help. They were trying to get to the point of sale and they found that it was done via Carphone Warehouse. They told me that if i was mis-sold the contract deal then the contract would be in void. They told me i couldn't reduce my tariff until 9mths time. Was also told that if i was to end my contract i would have to pay the 18mths in full. Anyway they transferred me to CarphoneCarphone.

*Talked to Carphone, told them the situation (had to tell them twice - ditzy girl) They checked their systems and there is no mention of any cashback deals on there. They traced the point of sale to Vanilla mobiles which they forwarded me to.

*Told Vanilla mobiles the story and they know all to well the situation with Express mobiles. They even say themselves they don't have a contact number for them and that they are now only dealing with customers via email. I asked her if she knew then why is carphone still dealing with them? She told me carphone deal with over 400 affiliated companies which they don't know about. Surely carphone have to take some responsibility over this as they connect you to O2. But apparently they do not take any responsibility as they are a separate company. She advised me that the best course of action to take would be to send the copies of the invoices to them and inform the they have 14 days to respond. If they do not, write to Trading Standards and file a case as they will only process it if you have tried to make contact with them and given them 14 days.

So heres how the order they trade:

Express mobiles > Vanilla mobiles > Caphone Warehouse > O2, Orange, Vodaphone etc.

1) The course of action i am taking will be to pay my third bill (only been with them over a month but have paid twice already)

2) Send them the three copies of the invoices with a 14 day deadline to respond.

3) If they don't respond write or phone Trading Standards and take it to a small claims court.

4) Go to the bank to cut off my Direct Debit (You can do this via Internet banking also) just before my forth payment. The network provider can't do anything to get hold of your money. You also have good reason to protect you money.

I can just cut off the direct debit now but there would be no way to fight to win the money i lost. So i have to wait and pay my next bill knowing that it is all a [problem] just so that Express mobiles can 'do me wrong' so to speak and then i have a reason to cut off the Direct Debit and file a case against them to win me back my money. So all in all i stand to lose three months line rental costs (£135) but at least this way you wont have to worry about the monthly costs while you wait for your claim to be processed.

This is just one way of dealing with the problem. I hope this was of help to others in the same situation. Sorry for the long post.

I too am going to stop my direct debits to Orange, but I will inform them of my intentions first and give them a deadline to respond. I have been with them 10 months and have only received first two payments ( 6 months from express). I am logging all letters sent, two of which have already been received by orange, they have'nt responded.

I feel justified in taking this action and am willing to go all the way with this. The network provider is responsible and if they want to retrieve their money, it is for them to tackle express for it. This contract is a verbal one, made over the telephone, express has'nt honoured their side of the aggreement so in my eyes the contract is null and void. Like I say though I will be giving the network provider one more chance to sort something out or else I will take the mentioned action.

I will keep you posted on progress and the best of luck to all of you who are in the same boat.

Hi just so sadened by all this, for everyone, i have gone down the routes of letters to EM, letter to Orange (no reply as yet), WD no reply, i to was very surprised to learn my contract had been taken out by Carphone Warehouse, i will contact them as well! I thought of cancelling my DD but after a recent tussle with Virgin media have learnt from my bank that after cancelling my DD with virgin they still took the money by manually swiping my card details- i contacted my bank and was told that once a merchant has your card details they can use it as they want. Horrified by this i lodged a complaint and eventually virgin did give my money back but Orange as yet have not been very sympathetic so i am very wary of cancelling their DD. I wish i had the funds to go to small claims but alas i dont especially as i stlll have to pay £35 to orange for my contract. I will continue to persue every avenue i can to bring EM and orange to task on this very distressing matter. Good luck to everyone out there who is fighting the case!! Keep it up, I WILL.

Right, been on the case again this morning trying to narrow down if I'm suing the right people. The first ever message I got (which thankfully I still have stored on my old phone) was from a company called Yes mobiles saying how I'd get free line rental via a cash back scheme.

Now then, if you type telco limited into Google, about 4 headlines down you will see....

Telco Ltd - Mobile Phones - Best Mobile Phone Offers - 00:38Telco Ltd is a mobile phone retailer with great mobile phone deals on the T-Mobile, Vodafone, Orange, Virgin, O2 and 3 networks. Bargain mobile phones are ...

clickyes.vanillamobile.co.uk/popups/giftinfo.php?giftcode=DPLR458879&static_gift=OFGHDMARK4&tarif... - 5k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

If you delete everything in the address after the .co.uk bit you come to a new website, called clickyes & vanilla mobiles, names of which I sure we are all very familier with. Of course, if you go into the contact us section, there is nothing there, however go to 'about us' and you will see.....

Vanilla Mobile

3R House

Belton Road West Extension

Loughborough

Leicestershire

LE11 5XH

Customer Services telephone number: 0845 655 1245

Someone out of either the Telco number or Vanilla mobile is going to pay the price off me today, maybe all of them. I honestly think that the major telecoms companies are well aware of whats going on and there is a huge cover up. Maybe a bit extreme thinking I know, but trying to unravel who is doing what and who the contract is actually is with is unbelievable. Carphone warehouse is heavily involved here aswell because as someone else here says, when you speak to Orange, the contract is originated from them. I'll let you know what happens, but please everyone keep hounding these people. Even dick turpin wore a mask.

Right, been on the case again this morning trying to narrow down if I'm suing the right people. The first ever message I got (which thankfully I still have stored on my old phone) was from a company called Yes mobiles saying how I'd get free line rental via a cash back scheme.

Now then, if you type telco limited into Google, about 4 headlines down you will see....

Telco Ltd - Mobile Phones - Best Mobile Phone Offers - 00:38Telco Ltd is a mobile phone retailer with great mobile phone deals on the T-Mobile, Vodafone, Orange, Virgin, O2 and 3 networks. Bargain mobile phones are ...

clickyes.vanillamobile.co.uk/popups/giftinfo.php?giftcode=DPLR458879&static_gift=OFGHDMARK4&tarif... - 5k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

If you delete everything in the address after the .co.uk bit you come to a new website, called clickyes & vanilla mobiles, names of which I sure we are all very familier with. Of course, if you go into the contact us section, there is nothing there, however go to 'about us' and you will see.....

Vanilla Mobile

3R House

Belton Road West Extension

Loughborough

Leicestershire

LE11 5XH

Customer Services telephone number: 0845 655 1245

Someone out of either the Telco number or Vanilla mobile is going to pay the price off me today, maybe all of them. I honestly think that the major telecoms companies are well aware of whats going on and there is a huge cover up. Maybe a bit extreme thinking I know, but trying to unravel who is doing what and who the contract is actually is with is unbelievable. Carphone warehouse is heavily involved here aswell because as someone else here says, when you speak to Orange, the contract is originated from them. I'll let you know what happens, but please everyone keep hounding these people. Even dick turpin wore a mask.

Thanks for the info.

Phoned vanilla today, just as expected, they claim they have no part in this, saying that they just supply the phones to express. However the guy on the phone was very sympathetic!!!

Told me they would try and get express to contact me within the next 24 hours!!!

Is that a pig I just saw flying past the window!!!!!!!!

In the meantime have sent another letter to express and orange recorded delivery.

Any success stories out there - I doubt it!!!

keep the faith guys.

Thanks for the info.

Phoned vanilla today, just as expected, they claim they have no part in this, saying that they just supply the phones to express. However the guy on the phone was very sympathetic!!!

Told me they would try and get express to contact me within the next 24 hours!!!

Is that a pig I just saw flying past the window!!!!!!!!

In the meantime have sent another letter to express and orange recorded delivery.

Any success stories out there - I doubt it!!!

keep the faith guys.

I don't know if you can class this as a success story, but I got a phone call off Trading Standards yesterday following up on my original complaint. Apparently my complaint has been escalated and they've asked my permission to have my details passed to Express Mobiles. They said it was part of a big investigation into them.I'll let you know wht comes of it, but at least it shows that something is being done.

Hi i too yesterday had a call from Hampshire trading standards asking for my permission to take up the case as they have had a lot of complaints. I asked the lady what the problem was and all she could say was, there are financial difficulties, surprise, and that they are working with EM to resolve the matter. They will let me know. In the meantime no reply from orange or watchdog so will send again.

I have just had an email off of Sally Bowles from EM saying that everyone will be paid in order of their claims and that due to the high volume of claims this may take some time for a cheque to reach me. Also a little bit tacked on the end saying claims will be paid subject to proper subjection. I have had probs. in the past with them saying i did not send them in correctly, when i had. Just makes me think it will be another way to get out of paying.

But having said that it is still encouraging to know they are still in existence and communicating. We will see, and i am still trying every avenue i can to reclaim my money.

First Of All Just Like To Say Hi There, To All Members Of The Cag.

Regarding Em, Just Like Many Of You It All Started Via A Phone Call £40 Line Rental+tariff With Orange And The Promise Of Chequeback Every Three Months.

I Am Always Dubious Of People That Promise The World For Nothing But As I Never Had A Problem With Cashback Previously I Went Ahead. The Call I Received Was From Express-mobiles.vanillamobile.co.uk Call Representative Because I Remembered Asking To Checkout Their Website Before Going Ahead. Well After Receiving The First Three Months Of Bills I Emailed Express Mobiles My First Claim And Recieved The Actual Cheque After A Very Long Time Just Before Sending The Second Round Of Bills For Months 4-6. Every Time I Phoned They Said It Is Been Dealt With Etc...i Had To Constantly Set Reminders On My Phone To Call Them Every Week. I've Been Fortunate To Have Received 2 Cheques From Them. But After I Sent My Third Round Claim, I Soon Found Out They No Longer Receive Phone Call Enquiries It Is All Email Based, And What You Receive Is An Automated Reply Sometimes From 'sally Bowls Or Kate Gregory.

I Tried Ringing The Sales Number, But It Rings With No Answer. I Think The Company No Longer Exists. On Monday I Might Ring Orange The Network Provider And See Whether They Might Reduce My Line Rental, But Is Their Anything Else I Can Do In Order To Chase My Outstanding And Future Chequeback Cliams.

All Help Wellcomed.

We are having the same issues as everyone else - luckily for us we got one cash back payment, albeit 3 months late, and are now owed 2 more.

Thanks to Manda, I have found out the following - this is an extract of the email I am sending today to Watchdog.

I sent you the attached email earlier this week regarding this company.

I have since discovered that Vanilla Mobile is a trading division of Car Phone Warehouse (CPW), who provide white labelling services to people/companies who wish to sell mobile phones - see the following web links:

Vanilla mobile » Who we are

Vanilla mobile » What we do

Telco Ltd, who are the company who trade, amongst others as Express Mobiles, have their own website (see http://clickyes.vanillamobile.co.uk/about_us.php), which appears to be a white labelled site provided by Vanilla Mobile. Note the comment on that page which states:

Mobile phone airtime contracts and handsets sold with an airtime contract through this website are purchased from Vanilla Mobile, a trading division of The Carphone Warehouse Limited which works in conjunction with Clickyes. However, The Carphone Warehouse Limited assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any other products or services promoted or sold through this website or any content of this website. Vanilla Mobile is a trading division of The Carphone Warehouse Limited, registered in England under company number 2142673, 1 Portal Way, London W3 6RS, VAT number 744032068.

So we are in a situation, where Orange and other service providers sell phone contracts to CPW, who in turn pass these to Vanilla Mobile, who then sell them through agents to consumers. CPW appear to make no effort to check the suitability of the people/companies selling these contracts or to police there operations. And, as you can see from the statement above, take no responsibility for when things go wrong...

Note the comments on Vanilla website re cash back schemes - http://www.vanillamobile.co.uk/?cat=3

Where is the regulator in this? How can companies the size of Orange and CPW get away with washing their hands of what is effectively an unregulated pressure sales [problem].

I am going to contact Ofcom to see what they can do but I suspect that as this is a retail rather than service provision issue they wont be able to do anything. So it will be down to Trading Standards and small claims court actions, with I suspect the likely outcome that Telco Ltd will be taken down by its owners and the creditors i.e. us will get nothing.

Has anyone called Telco and got an answer??

Many thanks to Manda and others for their investigative work to date.

Just called Telco on the number shown above and they say they are nothing to do with Express Mobiles. They say they are getting lots of calls but there is no link with EM.

Does anyone have evidence to the contrary.

For the benefit of all users of this thread, it is Express Mobiles we are dealing with and them alone. The original purchase and cash back scheme contract is with them and them alone. It is no use going through other companies however connected they may be. It is a waste of time.

1) Continue to liase with Consumer Direct / OFT over complaints

2) Pursue claims through the Small claims court as you see necessary but after consultation with the above.

Just called Telco on the number shown above and they say they are nothing to do with Express Mobiles. They say they are getting lots of calls but there is no link with EM.

Does anyone have evidence to the contrary.

Welcome to the forums Jerry. Now as stated in my original message above with regard to Telco, they are very much associated with EM, addresses, phone numbers that used to get advertised then withdrawn very quickly link back to them. Also, the very fact their website is Express Mobiles / Yes Mobiles. I'm glad they're getting a lot of calls, they're going to get a lot more.

Now on a seperate note, the letter I have sent to Express Mobiles stating my intention to take them to court got a response on Saturday. I gotm a letter stating that they were have 'financial difficulties and would be reviewing their financial status', something that got mentioned by Julia25, Eyevebeenstung ages ago.

April 8th has been and gone, any word on what is going on?

I chased Express Mobiles yesterday and received the following reply:

Thank-you for your e-mail

Your claim is pending, however due to the high volume of claims there will be a delay in payment

Al claims will be paid in the order of when they were recieved subject to them being submitted correctly

Kind Regards

Express Mobiles

I presume this is another avoiding tactic but I'm on their case and I'm determined to keep going!

Well everyone, just got off the phone with Consumer Direct. Not good I'm afraid. Basicaly he said he had good news. His good news was that they had a new address for them, their parent company Telco. Great, we already have that, but at least that confirmed any doubts that they are behind it. I then proceeded to give him more details than he already had. Phone numbers, names etc. And that was it. The best advice they have is to keep writing to Telco. Amazing. So I then mentioned the whole Vanilla Mobile, Yes Mobiles all linked to Carphone Warehouse via Telco. I told them to speak to everyone who is complaining about Express mobiles and ask them where the network provider says the contract originates from. As we all know its Carphone warehouse. They're not intersted one little bit. Its so frustrating

Dear everyone who has had problems with Express Mobiles, well brace yourself for this!

I have just received my first cq for £240 and will be rushing to bank it on Monday. As the song goes, Don't Stop til You've had Enough!

Well done you, just goes to show that being a pain in the butt does get results, hurry along to the bank and fingers crossed it aint a springy cheque!!!!!

really made up for you and now maybe theres hope for the rest of us.