3 points for driving 23mph in a 20 zone.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I received 3 points for driving at 23mph per hour in a 20 zone.

I was offered a speed awareness course, which I accepted, however I failed to register on the course within the time limit.

I had been in hospital for 3 weeks and also became very unwell with covid directly afterwards, which was the first time I'd had it and it knocked me for six for weeks.

I didn't manage to keep up with things at that time and did miss the booking date for the speed awareness.

I have since written to them explaining, and ask if they could be lenient and allow me to do the speed awareness course. But I have not recevied a response.
I now have literally a couple of days to either accept the 3 points and £100 fine, or to contest the matter in court.

Would going to court possibly recommend a speed awareness course instead of points?

Could my grounds for going to court be that I think the penalty should be a speed awareness course not 3 points, especially for driving 23mph in a 20mph zone. And could someone get penalised more in court either in terms of the fine or the points?

• dx100uk changed the title to 3 points for driving 23mph in a 20 zone.