Private Parking Tickets - General discussion points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

maybe if kateanded (a first time poster) posted all relevant paperwork -suitably washed of personal details we could make an informed call. Until then I would still say do noy bother with the appeal as that is exactly what the PPCs want - none of them will take calls about it appeals they ALL want written ones. So it is part of the business model. As their business is a [problem] there is no way I would recommend anyone actually going along the path of the [problem] - unless you know what you are doing and wish to chew the legs of the [problematic] that is :) :) :). there are not that many that know how to do that and they already by definition know all about the [problem] and don't need advice on it. So advice/policy remains the same - do not appeal its a trick (just like their whole business)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well if kate says she won an appeal then i believe her. good on you kate!

i think the important point though is that every ppc is probably slightly different, and whilst the ppc she wrote to responded, others probably wouldn't.

i guess it depends really. at least in most cases if you don't reply you still get a plentiful supply of toilet paper to last you a year or so.

i think the important point though is that every ppc is probably slightly different, and whilst the ppc she wrote to responded, others probably wouldn't.

I don't think G24 have previously had a reputation on these forums for being a PPC that responds favourably to "appeals". Not sure why they would have done so in this case and I, like lamma, would love to know some of the detail that prompted this change of heart in this case.

I received first letter from G24 around 16th sept. This showed photos of car entering and leaving car park, as I said 12 mins late. I was offered reduced rate etc.. blah blah blah! I ignored first letter (not deliberately, was just busy) then received 2nd "final reminder" on 29th sept. Contained all the usual threats mentioned in this forum (Debt recovery, keeper responsible etc.) This is when I found this site and basically copying Bernie The Bolts' template wrote this...

Dear Sirs,

Re your letter dated 29th sept, ref **********

It appears you have obtained my details from the DVLA and I can confirm I am the keeper of the vehicle in question. I wasn't, however, driving the vehicle that day so I am not legally liable for the charge. I therefore suggest that you take up this matter with the driver concerned.

In the meantime I absolutely deny that the amount claimed by you, or indeed any amount at all, is due from me to you.

Yours Faithfully.

Not so much of an appeal more a case of I know my rights so stick it!!!

Three days later I received the reply from G24 that I posted above. I was as surprised as everyone after reading other posts about reams of demanding letters, and was prepared to ignore any future correspondance. Perhaps I just got lucky, its got to be worth a try by others though...it was a great feeling!!

Hi all keep up the good work it's awesome!

Right my problem is that a couple of months back my vehicle was served with a PCN from Euro Car Parks LTD in Southampton, in a open shopping area car park.

I have received no correspondance in relation to this until this morning when i opened a letter from a debt collection agency, informing me "we have been instructed by our above named client and regret to note that you have failed to contact them with your proposals for settlement of this overdue account" and "this account has been passed to ourselves with firm instructions to commence litigation and judgement against you"

They have requested payment of the £75 charge within 5 days(no chance). My question is how should i deal with this matter, as i haven't received any previous letters from ECP i am unsure of how to react. Which letter would be best to send to them etc..

Any help would be fantastic thanks in advance

Hi Simmo0020,

You could always pay the 'fine' and then they will definately go away, or, you could take the excellent advice from Crem, choice is yours.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hello everyone i hope that you will be able to help me and answer a question.

Today i parked in the ASDA car park in Crawley to purchase a few items. I go their regularly and was aware that a pay and display operated at the carpark but thought that it was run by ASDA as they normally refund the ticket after purchasing goods from there.

Anyway today i had no change on me so ran in to get a few bits. When i returned i found a Civil Penalty Notice from TOWN AND CITY PARKING LTD for £60 but £30 if i pay within 10 days. Originally i was going to pay the £30 so that it does not go up to £60 and then write to them appealing the decision forwarding a copy of the ASDA till receipt of my purchases. However i have since come across this forum and feel that that maybe the wrong course of action.

I am wondering whether I should write to them admitting to finding the ticket on my windscreen or ignore the ticket claim that i did not see it and wait for them to write to me first?

I also see from the ticket that it states that they "WILL REQUEST THE DETAILS OF THE REGISTERED KEEPER FROM DVLA". I am the registered Keeper and the only Driver of the vehicle but they do not know that. Could i say that i did not find the ticket and cannot recall who was driving?

Please help!!

Thank you

At this stage you should do absolutely nothing. If and when they write to you as the RK from the DVLA details you can check back here for further advise as to what to do then.

Generally speaking doing nothing at each and every stage of their escalating toilet paper trail seems to be the best advise.

Edited by crem

Hi Motty999,

If you read the rest of this and other threads you will see that attempting to appeal to common sense and decency just does not work.

The big money seems to be on ignoring them, let them waste money with DVLA applications.

If the threats start to panic you post back here for advice and support.

regards

Hi,

This is my first post and I apologise for the length of this post.

I have been following these pages for some weeks now as I am in the same boat as many others.

My PCN notice seems to be steadily growing more urgent and is getting to the "closing stages".

If anyone can advise I would appreciate it.

Here are the details:

Someone (legally) borrowed my car and parked in a car park of a Public House for 2 mins, heavily signed with parking notices. They popped out for those 2 mins to go to the building next door. They came back and drove off.

2 weeks later the PCN arrived on the doormat claiming the parking ticket was ignored. No ticket was ever issued. They claim that I, as the RK, am liable for the £60, though this was going to be £85 for no-payment of the non-existent ticket.

I wrote back using the templates in this thread saying I was not the driver and I would not be paying.

They wrote back saying that they have "verified through audit trail of evidence" that the car contravened the terms and conditions. They state that they process the PCN under the Road Traffic Act 1991. They go on to state that the owner of the vehicle is liable and they have checked via DVLA to get my details.

I wrote back again saying that I am the RK but was not the driver and that I would not be paying. I also asked them to provide me with the "evidence" they had used.

They wrote back (with no evidence) saying that I now owe £135 and should pay to stop legal proceedings and they would register the debt with the county court. The debt would then be placed with bailiffs.

I wrote back (yet again) and asked for the evidence once more. I invited them to take me to court. I still dispute the claim against me and used the "cease and decist" paragraph.

They have written back again and his time sent 4 pages of Case Law with it that they would draw upon in court, none of which mentions anything about my situation. It also tries to bully me into naming the driver under section 143 (1) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 whereby if I state that i do not name the driver I am in neglect because the person who drove my car may not have been insured.

They have given me 14 days to respond.

I have not replied to them yet.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks

they have no chance under these circumstances. but please post up photographs of ALL their letters - suitably washed of personal details. Wild guess - PPC is Combined Parking Solutions. their 'legal advice' is viewed by many as being laughable.... they way they have gone on this means you can bite back at them. buts lets see their paperwork so we can find out how many bites you can take :)

Hi CPS,

First stop writing to these clowns.

Secondly the Road Traffic Act they quote does not cover the private car park, they are trying to legitimise the whole [problem], business.

Thirdly what business it is of theirs if the driver was not insured?

My thoughts are, that you have spent enough time, and money on this already, ignore any future threats. They have already shot themselves in the foot with the scandalous paper work.

regards

Edited by letshelp
typing too fast for my limited brain power

I would agree with CPS you have spent alot of time on this.I have just 1 observation, from your own admission the pub carpark is 'heavily signed' and the driver took a chance and got caught.Why would you be putting yourself through all this hastle, and your friend allowing you to have all this hastle.Wouldnt it have been easier to say to the parking company, I wasnt driving it was xx of xxx - take it up with them.Telling your friend that you allowed them to se your vehicle and you dont want the hastle and they deal with it ?Seems to me that this would have been easier and let them deal with the grief.

I would advise against giving the ppc any further information, you are not obliged to supply them with the drivers details.

How hard is it to throw any letters/threats from a ppc in a draw and ignored?

regards

Indeed. Crem is correct. Not only no obligation to inform them it is in my view extremely foolish to do so. Personally I would ignore the advice from legadviser99 most resolutely. Leave the PPC to their own problems - they have enough :) As far as CPS is concerned I leave them and their in-house legal team to wade through the 'stuff' that comprises their own 'legal advice'. I am sure i am correct in my advice to not pass on any details whatsoever to a PPC. "I just know" I am :) :)

I wish to thank those of you who have answered my first post so quickly and honestly.

It's a reassurance that this is all standard rubbish and that the legal jargon they spout has no grounds.

I will certainly get their letters scanned in and posted - leave that with me.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I hope to get the images up on this site either today or tomorrow.

In the meantime, I have just received another letter from them of their Court Summons and their intention to file the cliam if the amount is now received in the next 2 weeks. This one comes with a place, date and time.

Regards

we await the images. As I recall CPS, in one of their many guises on here, have refused to take on a direct challenge to meet a pepipoo regular in court. probably looking for another victim to assuage their 'feelings'.

Now for the 5-pager....

Page 1

PCN_4b1.jpg

Page 2

PCN_4b2.jpg

Page 3

PCN_4b3.jpg

Page 4

PCN_4b4.jpg

Page 5

PCN_4b5.jpg

I have now received a notifcation to summon me to court. This states that it will be in a court that is not anywhere near my own county, or the county where it took place.

It seems no matter how many times I tell them I WAS NOT DRIVING or even present, they still wish to take me (at the RK) to court.

That letter will be in my next post, but please feel free to comment on the previous letters....

Regards

the five pager should be a hoot - those letters are just bunk. unlawful bunk at that, probably illegal also. Check out the problems that PPCs face thread (reformatted and reposted by pin1onu). and this FAQs - PPCs - fighting back. The forces are aligned. p.s. try and find a company on the data protection register with the number they give on their website Information Commissioners - Data Protection Public Register

And now for the Court referral letter. If it comes to it, I am more than happy to meet them in Court.

I have asked for proof of the ticket as I never got one, I have told them I was not driving or present (only the RK), I have asked them for evidence of the offence (not supplied).

Thoughts anyone?

Let the analysis begin....

PCN_5b.jpg

Would anyone like to come and join me?

Regards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks