Private Parking Tickets - General discussion points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'm not sure of the name, i'll have to check the ticket when i get home. we tried to contact them but the only number on the correspondance was an automated line and when i tried directory enquiries they arnt listed.

Apparently they will only take an appeal within 7 days so we missed that.

you never contacted them at all and have real court papers ? which PPC is this ? when the court opens ring them to check that its not just fake papers you have.

Hi, I have rang the court today and it has been passed on. They confirmed that it's a court paper demanding payment.

I NEED HELP!!! What should i do now??

marina88, better start your own thread. In that thread say nothing about who was driving the car at the time. give us a time line, name of company etc. description of documents received etc. They issued papers with no contact at all so one wonders how they have identified the driver before issuing papers. which PPC is it ?

Hi all,

After 4 months of ignoring parkforce I have received 2 letters from rosendales debt collection agency threatening to send people round to collect the debt. I'm not too bothered by it and am still ignoring but was just looking for advice on the next step.

If you would like me to post a cleaned copy of the letter, I can.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

After 4 months of ignoring parkforce I have received 2 letters from rosendales debt collection agency threatening to send people round to collect the debt.

It's a real pain, I keep buying nice biscuits and setting the table ready for their visit, but they never arrive, such bad manners.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hello,

This is my first post, I have read the template letter but I think I may have a problem!

I have received three Parking Charge Notices from a PCN all for £100 each (£50 each if paid in the first 14 days) All three charges are for the same car park that offers free parking for 75 minutes but the overstay totals to 3 hours.

I want to dispute this but my problem is that the charge notice has photographic evidence of the vehicle and driver entering and exiting the car park

Do I have any grounds to dispute and not pay

What should I do?

Hello,

I want to dispute this but my problem is that the charge notice has photographic evidence of the vehicle and driver entering and exiting the car park

Do I have any grounds to dispute and not pay

What should I do?

OK lets look at this alleged 'evidence'. They have sent you a photograph of your vehicle(I assume) and A driver. DON'T admit on this or any other forum that the driver is you, but that driver could be anybody, your friend, brother, cousin, the garage mechanic, who is too know, perhaps only you and the DRIVER. It is the driver that is in breach of the contract NOT the registered keeper or owner, they may possibly be different people.

So how is the PPC going to discover the identity of the driver, well if you don't tell them or correspond with them, then they have no way of finding out.

So Again if you don't correspond with them you don't even have to tell lies. The clues are within this reply;)

regards

Hi, Having read many posts on unfair parking tickets on this site I have decided to fight a recent ticket issued for my car being parked over 2 bays "parked outwith marked bay" (by 2 inches) in a free Asda store carpark issued by Town & City parking Ltd. On thing I am unsure of is, when I send in a template letter to them am I formally "in dispute" and do the increased charges due after 10 days and admin charges after 28 days still apply or are they put on hold until the dispute is settled?

This is a PPC scamvoice NOT an official PCN. The way to "fight" it is do nothing!

Do not appeal.

Do not write to them.

Do not acknowledge their letter to RK when they send it.

Do not respond to their debt collector letters

Do not respond to their pretend solicitor's threats

DO RESPOND to an official court summons (but don't hold your breath that you will ever get this far)

Hi, I'm not sure if I've replied to the correct place.

I've just been issued a Parking Charge ticket by Central Ticketing for £40 for parking in a Tesco car park in a disabled space without a disabled badge. This was because I had my 2 year old grandson in the car and there were no Parent and Child spaces free. It was very icy and had been snowing. I am 60 and was afraid of falling with him in my arms, so parked as close as I could to the doors, right next to an occupied Parent & Child space. Incidentally, there was a car in the P & C space that was only occupied by old people without children. I was only in the store about 35 minutes and when I came out there was a ticket on my car. I could not believe it!

I don't feel they have any right to charge me, as this is a private Tesco car park and I am using Tesco's store, having been a good customer of theirs for many years. They never provide enough Parent & Child spaces and these are always abused by others anyway. There were several unused disabled spaces so I was not stopping anyone from using them. I feel £40 is extortionate. I only have a small pension and cannot afford this on top of Christmas.

I remonstrated with the car park attendant who told me to get a complaint form from the store, which I did but have had second thoughts about sending it now after reading your advice.

I have decided to do nothing unless they contact me, as they do not have my address. I am a bit scared as I can't afford a bigger fine or court proceedings. I presume they will contact the DVLA for my address. Have I done the right thing in ignoring the ticket?

I have decided to do nothing unless they contact me, as they do not have my address. I am a bit scared as I can't afford a bigger fine or court proceedings. I presume they will contact the DVLA for my address. Have I done the right thing in ignoring the ticket?

Yes you have done the right thing ignoring them. When they start sending you threatening letters make sure you ignore them also, no matter how threatening they get.

regards

Hi, I have rang the court today and it has been passed on. They confirmed that it's a court paper demanding payment.

I NEED HELP!!! What should i do now??

Hi Newby Here. (BTW Many many thanks for the help, advice and giggles- read:'eat you dog' et al- that I have had on this forum so far..great stuff) But was interested to hear what happened next with regards to the court case of Marina88. Is this a first?? How on earth can you be summons to court ...they will have zilch evidence presumably and furthermore have to furnish the defendant with copies of all evidence in advance dont they??

L

Marina88 has gone very quiet. as yet its only the claimed appearance of court papers via a post on here, no evidence of it actually happening. If I remember it right marina88 claimed to have received court papers despite never having contacted the PPC. This would be a first - IF true. and potentially suicidal for the PPC. All we can do is surmise......

It does appear most purculiar that a PPC is going to court with someone who they have never had contact with, and where the "offence" is stated as being "parked outside of bay".

On the face if it, a claim like this should have zero chance of even getting to the starting line.

I remember reading a PATAS report some years ago which stated that if a local authority failed to respond to any one of your letters within 56 days, then the council was deemed to have accepted your representations, and was therefore obliged to cancel the PCN.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks