Private Parking Tickets - General discussion points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In my humble opinion and experience a photograph of the back of a motorcycle can't even prove that (a contravention took place), since the photo IS of ONLY the back of the bike and shows no wide context ie. that the bike was parked in the wrong place.

Meanwhile the threats continue, my nervousness and anxiety grows, but my resolve does, too! (And I really was not the rider.)

Having photographic evidence of the parking offence they claim you have committed makes absolutely no difference. It does not show who the driver of the vehicle was on the date and time concerned, so it can only be used to prove that the contravention to their rules took place, not that you were the person driving at the time.

PLEASE give blood. Please write a Will. No, NOW!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you didn't park it, you cannot be held to any alleged contract as a third party

anxiety factor should be zero in line with the risk factor (which is also zero).

the anxiety should be with the PPC

Just to update my case, I didn't receive a reply to my letter (in repsonse to the PCN), but have just received a letter from CCS Collect (incidentally registered at the same address as ParkingEye) asking for £90 and threatening possible legal action.

I'm about to send off the template letter relevant to the debt collectors but wonder if there is anything else I should have done or could be doing at the same time?

:-x DB :-x

Isn't it the V888/3? Not trying to correct you but I just had a quick look on the website and a V888/3 is the one to use for issuing a PCN. What can I do with the information - just prove thar they haven't supplied "reasonable cause" for disclosing my information or something?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Disgruntled Brit

:-x DB :-x

Please help!!

I got a private parking ticket in my own building. (I rent a flat here). This is what i will write to appeal. could anyone please check and help me with some advise please.

I got a parking ticket from Aspect 14, Elmwood lane, Leeds LS2 8WH where I live. (I live in flat 244 Aspect 14.) It was Tuesday 15 of July 2008 at 9.00 am I moved the car, which I parked on the road overnight on pay and display ticket, to pick up my brother who was in my room at that time. He was injured on his leg and could not walk very much. (I have enclosed the picture of his legs and his medicine). I parked the car and go to help him down to the car for 5 minutes. And I got the ticket!!! The reference No. is 364938. I am not willing to pay for the parking charge .

Best regards,

I got one of these private tickets 3 months ago, and have only just recieved my first letter, and its not from the parking company, but their legal agents, who are threatning to send a Debt Collection Officer to my home.

I am sending the following reply - advice and comments needed asap please

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your letter dated longago Your Reference 123456

This alleged debt with your client is in dispute, as they have failed to provide any evidence of any claim.

Your client has possibly neglected to inform yourselves that he has not initiated any correspondence with my self to this date, and has therefore not substantiated any claim against myself.

In the circumstances please refer this matter back to your client with the points below.

• You client has not substantiated any claim
  • This alleged debt with your client is in dispute
  • I currently hold proof that any claim is invalid

In my opinion, your letter stating my file will be passed to your “Debt Collection Officer who will attend your premises to seek full settlement” is considered as a direct threat of demanding monies with menace’s and will not be tolerated, and any such visit will be reported directly to the local authorities.

Any further correspondence from you in relation to this matter will result in a complaint to the authorities under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

Yours faithfully

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, can you help!!

I have been following the template letters for a parking ticket for UKPC and so far have sent 3 or 4 but now I have received a letter from them which I cannot see a response to.....

I will not write it all out as it is very long but in basically says:

Thank you for recent communication, the case has been reviewed but the parking ticket was not unjust or unreasonable so the charge will not be waivered. We are willing to reduce the payment to the £45 as if paid within 7 days because of the appeal time taken but after 7 days it will be passed onto debt collection agency (which I have already received a letter from anyway and replied) They appreciate that this is not the outcome expected but the decision is final, they will no longer correspond with me but they will keep any letters I send them on file unless I provide new evidence to substaniate my case.

Please help, I have been quite calm up until this one but it sounds so final!! Please could you tell me which template letter to use because all they have continued to say so far is that I am the owner/keeper so it is my responisibility. Like I said above, I have sent out the relevant letters that you recommend in the order you recommend but they never seem to answer a question.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Joanne

Jotom,

Don't worry - this is just another standard letter from UKPC. If you read through one of the longer threads on the forum to do with UKPC [there are several] you will come across this letter quite a few times. It does not actually mean anything. Take them at their word - they will not communicate with you further........good because you are getting bored with it all anyway.

Unfortunately these [problematic] don't mean what they say. After you ignore them you will get another "Final Opportunity" to settle in a few weeks time.

Please calm down, there really is no need to concern yourself with these paper tigers and their empty threats.

Hint - You will get more responses by starting your own thread rather than "piggy backing" onto an existing thread. It can be considered bad form to highjack although it is of course understood that new users are not aware of these conventions.

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry for contacting you on the wrong section but I have no idea how to use this site and just saw a reply button and pressed it.

I will calm down and not worry now.

Thanks Jo

Hi all, well the latest is that despite the fact I was not driving the motorcycle when my friend allegedly parked it in the wrong place (and the photo shows just the back of the bike and no wider context, so no proof there then!) UKPC have ignored my questions in my letters and now Rossendales Collect debt collection agency have written to me demanding £135!

I have replied to them using the template letter in these pages. I may have to let them take me to court for this one. I am scared but I just may let them and you can all come too!

PLEASE give blood. Please write a Will. No, NOW!

Hi there, I had a look at the template letters but cannot find a sample which may help me with the following:

I received a letter with a PCN copy attached from Europcar for a parking offence. Within couple of days a received the original PCN from Camden Council. Europcar invoices me (+ admin charge) for the same charge now Camden Coucil also charges me with. I wrote to Camden Coucil that this fine should have been paid by Europcar ( as they had my Credit Card details) whoch they have failed to do (now fined has been increased by 50%). Furthermore camden Councils letter clearly states that, If the fine is already paid to Europcar it is "my problem" and they need the payment too.

So to summarise

who is to be paid for this offence

- Europcar

- Camden Council

In the meantime the fine has gone up too by apparent negligence on behalf of europcar (my belief) - but thats the next stage to argue.

Thanks

Harry

Peckhamrose,

You seem to be allowing yourself to be sidetracked about where the motorcycle was parked and how it was parked, for the purpose of clarity, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE OR HOW IT WAS PARKED', the ticket, penalty, charge notice call it what you will is not enforceable. These clowns are not taking you to court, they are not sending round 'The Boys', They are just trying to scare you into paying them money thats it, there is no legality to it whatsoever.

For the other posters, please try not to panick, the advice given on here will see you through this. Other posters like myself have had several 'tickets' from these [problematic] over the years, and yes, I'm still waiting to be taken to Court, still waiting for the home visit, this is over a period of 2 years. I have had all manner of threats short of, 'we are coming to kill your dog'.

Do what I do with the letters, when I feel a bit down I have a read of them and it gives me a good laugh and cheers me no end.

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

HI All

Well after writing and sending my letter back to the debt collection agency.

Guess What!

They responded with a very short 2 line letter,

We have noted your comments, and have passed your case back to the parking company as we are no longer dealing with.

Now lets wait and see if the parking company try it on, especially after their debt collection agents have dropped this like a hot potatoe.

If they do, will let you know.

Cheers :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi people, another newby to the site

I've had an utterly annoying ticket for parking in "restricted area of a car park" from Vehicle Control Services in Bradford area. Does anyone have any experience with these paracites? I've looked at the template letters, thanks for generously posting those for all to see. Before venturing into the unknown i just wonder if anyone has had previous experience with the Sheffield based organisation.

ITFRANK

Well, if you scroll back to page 3 after me sending my letter back, the so-called debt collection agency wrote back a 2 line letter saying

"thank you for your letter dated "sometime" the contents of which have been noted.

Your case has now been returned to (private parking company), therefore we are no longer dealing with it.

Its now been some 4 weeks, guess what, thats right, a big fat NOTHING

so stick with it, and scr*w these cowboys

Hi Guys, am new to this site but I too have been subject to a Private Parking Ticket! Hope you can help.

I received a parking ticket in a retail park from Excel parking. I read through the helpful advice on this website and ignored the ticket. They subsequently sent me a letter saying that I hadnt paid within the given period and was now subject of a fine of £100 + court and solicitors fees if this went to court.

I sent them the letter as suggested by Bernie the Bolt and it read:

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your letter dated XXXXXXXX, Reference XXXXXXXX.

I acknowledge receipt of your captioned letter. It seems that you have got my details from the DVLA and I confirm I am the keeper of the vehicle in question. You need to take this matter up with the driver concerned.

In the meantime I absolutely deny your claim that the amount claimed, or any amount at all, is due to you from me.

Yours faithfully

I have today received a reply from Excel to this letter stating that I must provide them with the details of the driver according to paragraph 4.2 of the Pre-Action Protocol before 5th September to aviod further preceedings.

I have never heard of this protocol being referenced in any of the posts on this thread and I am confused as to whether it applies or not. Also, I am right in thinking that as this is a civil matter is it not covered in the RTA, section 172 and I have no obligation to provide these details?

I was also going to mention in my reply to them that this is causing me increased stress and anxiety and quote Section 40 and the Protection from Harrassment Act.

Please can someone help me and advise me of the approach I should take.

Many Thanks

Loza

Excel are really struggling now - in fear of the new consumer regs and a few other things. their claim over "paragraph 4.2 of the Pre-Action Protocol" is rubbish. that is to do with costs not the issues of the case ! if they told the truth and just asked nicely for the id of the driver (which is ALL they are supposed to do according to the Consumer regs and the various commitments they have made as members of the BPA) then of course everyone who knows anything about it (such as all our visitors) would just ignore their request. So they made up this rubbish in the hope that it will trick people into 'coughing and avoid the 2008 Consumer regs. they are mistaken in that regard. Don't forget that the guy who runs Excel pulls down over 400,000 a year so he will be beating up his legal team (the same ones who had their heads handed to them in court recently) for wording that protects his revenue stream and his high living. In summary, they are stuffed - its just more rubbish. read the protocol and you will see.

As Lamma says they are talking rubbish, they have no power to, 'fine' members of the public. its Bullsh*t to panic you into making payment. Keep hold of it to give yourself a good laugh when feeling down. Or post it on here, washed of all personal details to give us all a laugh.

regards

i have read this thread extensively and am considering how to deal with my own PPC invoice.

the template letters are good. yet it seems that whatever you say to them, the PPC will continue to write to you. isn't it better just to not contact them at all?

I always write, 'take the matter up with the driver'. Then ignore all further letters, because if nothing else it shows the matter is in dispute.

Having said that, have no problem with the ignore all school of thought.

regards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks