Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

exactly right, when vehicle finance is sold on a five year agreement, or any term, the customer has to be offered sufficient insurance to cover the loan period or suitable insurance to ensure that they are not out of pocket if anything happens to there car, this is done through a "needs and demands" statement, it is then down to the customer to decide if they want the policy. If our guys sold a five year agreement with 3 years gap policy then the FSA ould have a field day with us and we would be in trouble and again if the needs and demands were not completed then any insurance can be deemed a mis-sell.

sorry, to sum up was i was saying is that surley any insuransce should cover the loan period to ensure your not left in financial difficulty, if i die in 3 years tiime, my partner is in trouble as the policy will have expired so she will have to find the money for 5 years, surely that is not right... its a mis-sell

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry, to sum up was i was saying is that surley any insuransce should cover the loan period to ensure your not left in financial difficulty, if i die in 3 years tiime, my partner is in trouble as the policy will have expired so she will have to find the money for 5 years, surely that is not right... its a mis-sell

id say it is a failure of consideration myself

Hi Confused, it may seem like swimming in mud just now but we've been doing this for a while now lol, and I know a few of us will already have a plan of action for you in our heads.

We will show you how to take control of this, you will feel much better soon! Why have you to go into the branch on Monday?

hi

office manager wants to see paperwork that i have and also to pay this months payment in cash as i dont trust them with my debit card details as a few months ago they took the payment early on my card that they had stored the numbers

Morning All

Confused

So You Have Not Go Your Agreement,

Do They Infact Have It

Dear O Dear

May I Ask How Old Are The Agreements

no i havent got the modified agreement from dec 07 only the green demands and needs statement but i do have the agreement from feb 07

havent a clue if wcf have the modified agreement as ive askede for it but not received it

your right PT, it cant be right that they can do this. Also in 3 years time we are paying for a product that has expired.

no ITS NOT right, the contract fails as without consideration there is no contract FULL STOP

That is the basics of contract law, you only need to get hold of a good contract law book like Fifoots and Cheshire to work that out mate

I ve just realised my loan was re-written in 2008 without ppi, so im gonna cca them and sar and see what turns up ,but found original policy schedulewhich has ppi and personal accident plan, the p.a.p is for 36 months on a 2 yr loan!! cant wait to see what else turns up, im still not sure on my monthly paymens and apr being correct but i dont think for a moment the loan was re-written correctly, any thoughts

Has anyone managed find out how they got to the APR using the interest rate quoted on their contract.... tried so many ways and just can't get to it? Any online calc i can use?

''Note

It is not as easy as just saying that the creditor cannot add the fee to the first payment. He can but the fee must form part of the charge for credit and must have an effect on the APR.

The only way to check that he has complied is to do the maths and calculate the APR

1 With the fee included in the Total charge for credit.

2 With the fee included in the Total Credit

If the figure on the agreement agrees with 1 then the agreement is OK if it agrees with 2 then you have your claim for unenforceability.

(Remember that if the agreement has a larger initial payment your calculation will have to allow for an irregular first payment in order to give an accurate APR see ((1) The repayment intervals above.)''

Pt

If You Are Still Looking In

Say You Have A Finance Agreement Over 60 Months

They Wack Ppi Etc Say Over 36 Months

Thats 24 Months With Out Cover To Begin With

The Insurance Was Front Loaded, So You Are Paying For The 36 Months Worth Of Insurance Over 60 Months

Is That Legal

Just Thinking Out Of The Box On This One

no ITS NOT right, the contract fails as without consideration there is no contract FULL STOP

That is the basics of contract law, you only need to get hold of a good contract law book like Fifoots and Cheshire to work that out mate

thanks pt, that could be a whole new way of lookingg at the agreement being un-enforceable then.

hi

office manager wants to see paperwork that i have and also to pay this months payment in cash as i dont trust them with my debit card details as a few months ago they took the payment early on my card that they had stored the numbers

Ok, getting curious and just a bit worried. Ask yourself why they would need to see any paperwork you have? All you have is a copy of what THEY should have anyway.

Call it an educated guess, but odds on the person that was sacked was up to no good, they don't have any of the legal paperwork they should have and they are trying to get you into the branch as quick as to get this sorted quietly. There is something very suspect here, believe me.

Please please do not give or show or tell them anything. Go in, pay your money, get your reciept then leave. If possible take a witness along with you or even a recorder in you pocket! Most mobile record sound now ;)

They have stomped on your rights enough so far, do not feel obliged.

If you send the CCA request away as Postggj says and see what comes through and we can help you from there. You are not refusing to pay them or anything wrong, simply asking for paperwrok you are perfectly entitled to see.

I would also send in a letter stating you will only correspond in writing, nothing verbal etc, then you can deal with it all in writing and they have no reason to ask you into the branch....not that they have one now!

What do you think?

• Haha 1

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Ok, getting curious and just a bit worried. Ask yourself why they would need to see any paperwork you have? All you have is a copy of what THEY should have anyway.

Call it an educated guess, but odds on the person that was sacked was up to no good, they don't have any of the legal paperwork they should have and they are trying to get you into the branch as quick as to get this sorted quietly. There is something very suspect here, believe me.

Please please do not give or show or tell them anything. Go in, pay your money, get your reciept then leave. If possible take a witness along with you or even a recorder in you pocket! Most mobile record sound now ;)

They have stomped on your rights enough so far, do not feel obliged.

If you send the CCA request away as Postggj says and see what comes through and we can help you from there. You are not refusing to pay them or anything wrong, simply asking for paperwrok you are perfectly entitled to see.

I would also send in a letter stating you will only correspond in writing, nothing verbal etc, then you can deal with it all in writing and they have no reason to ask you into the branch....not that they have one now!

What do you think?

thanks dippy i will take my husband with me as a witness and just pay my money get the recept and leave have just posted off the cca

louise

thanks pt, that could be a whole new way of lookingg at the agreement being un-enforceable then.

for the PPI yes, and the transaction could taint the whole agreement, as if the PPI fails then the amount of credit becomes incorrect doesnt it;)

ona differfent note does anyone else think its strange that when you go to wcf centre and see the cars offered all 3 of them that there are no prices on the screens and only once you have decided and the paperwork drawn up that yhpou find out the extortionate prices of the cars plus why cant you pick the caR YOU WANT INSTEAD OF BEING TOLD WHAT 3 ARE AVAILABLE I ASKED FOR A SMALL FAMILY DIESEL CAR AND WAS SHOWN A VAUXHALL VECTRA 2.2SRI, A MONDEO ESTATE DIESEL THAT NEEDED A NEW CAMBELT DUEE TO HIGH MILEAGE AND A OLD ASTRA ESTATE PETROL

ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS

The Likes Of Welcome/ucan/yes Car get The Motors Straight From Auction.

Ask Your Self This

Why Are These Cars In Auction.

Its Because They Keep Needing Things Done To Them And Fleet Companies Dispose Of Them That Way.

Most Of The Vehicles Are Fleet

Yes They Have A Few Nice Motors In The Show Room To Entice You,

But They Are Not For Sale To You

The Likes Of Welcome/ucan/yes Car get The Motors Straight From Auction.

Ask Your Self This

Why Are These Cars In Auction.

Its Because They Keep Needing Things Done To Them And Fleet Companies Dispose Of Them That Way.

Most Of The Vehicles Are Fleet

Yes They Have A Few Nice Motors In The Show Room To Entice You,

But They Are Not For Sale To You

SO WHY NO PRICES ON THE CARS YOU ARE ALLOWED TO INSPECT

SO WHY NO PRICES ON THE CARS YOU ARE ALLOWED TO INSPECT

basically they arent bothered about the windscreen price as your there cos your desperate for a car, and they have the golden carrot,also yes they get them straight from the auctions but then so does the majority of car dealers i work in a petro station next to motor auctions nr colchester and all the car dealers main and otherwise get cars from there so just cos it looks good on a legit forecourt dont mean a thing, unless you get a good waranty with it, always a case of buyer beware:-x

i sent welcome a complains letter about the amount of phone calls and asked them for all communication to be in writing from now on.i get home yesterday and there are 3 messages on my phone to ring them but its a mobile number.i also put in a complaint about charges applied to my old account and had a letter back saying i had over £200 of charges that should not of been applied,as they have now cancelled this agreement and set up a new agreement that my partner hasn't signed can i still claim the money back and the interest that has been paid which shouldn't of been also what happens about the agreement my partner hasn't signed,i have cca them but no response yet,still got a few days left.can i ask for the charge to be removed of the property.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks