Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This company needs to be banned.

My husband made the mistake of borrowing from them and he is still paying back the sum after 6 years.

They are a complete nightmare to deal with and the rates are terrible.

Suggest you borrow from the bank, someone reputable, and pay it off that way.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

guys thanks god i saw this welcome stuff and i was thinking of going with them! they are terrible. are there any petitions we can sign to get them stopping trading how is it legal?! all small print i guess. i have 2 defaults no CCJs but am struggling to get a loan, anyone suggest anyone good?

I work in the financial sector, and not a day goes by without hearing another Welcome finance horror story.

Please however bad your situation seems or no matter how much pressure their dodgy salesman put on you -

STAY CLEAR OF WELCOME FINANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity than a friend is a creditor.

Debt Collection Charges

There is no legal basis for a creditor or a debt collection agency acting on its behalf to claim collection costs from a debtor unless there is an express provision in the original agreement.

Without such provision, collection charges cannot be demanded as a debt due under the agreement.

• 5 months later...

you can't be too harsh on welcome finance becuase they do help people who are unable to get credit elsewhere. the terms are made clear before you accept the agreement so you can work out how much you are paying and how much you would owe at different points during the repayment period. if you're not happy with the terms you shouldn't accept the loans.

i have taken car finance from them for £8000 and will repay just over £12000 at the end of 48 months which i think is reasonable especially since no other credit company would go near me.

welcome finance and capitol one (visa card) provide a good service for people with bad credit. they are both available to people with bad credit and they report all your ontime payments to credit scoring companies which improves your ability to get mortgages and low interest loans etc... miss your payments though and you'll be back where you started. paying more interest is unfortunately your punishment for failing to meet previous credit agreements and borrowing beyond your means.

• 2 weeks later...

progressive is the holding company or welcome finance.

its all the same thing

as with all things,

i think it depends on your situation.

If u take a loan from the branch they will explain everything to you and are strictly monitored.

if u take a car loan, then unfortunately, it is the car salesman that is responsible for what they tell you (remember that they want to flog u a car)

however, they are also now strictly monitored.

- also welcome car finance is not the same as welcome finance.

WCF sell u the car and WFS service the loan...

.also, its usually the insurances u take that increase the loan to a much higher balance.

this is all clearly shown on the agreements so make sure u are happy with what u sign.

its not usually in small print either!

hi can anyone help me, im trying to find the best loan company to get a loan from. i was considering applying with welcome finance as my credit is bad but im having second thoughts after reading all the reviews. does anyone suggestions please????

I have heard direct from one of their finance suppliers that they are cutting their finance 100% away from car dealers so its time to get out quick! they are laying of falot of staff and are in big trouble. At last they have their comupence.

Right, here it is straight from the horses mouth.......

I am an Account Manager for Welcome Finance in the Collections division.

I am the one who appears at your house if you dont pay.

Before you start slanging me off, you should hear a little about me.

I have worked the past 11 years in the collection industry for SUB PRIME market.

(Crazy Georges, Park Direct Credit & WFS).

There are 2 reasons why an account comes to me.

1. you cant be bothered to pay/think you can play the system.

These people are either those that 'do a runner' or refuse/claim they are skint.

THESE ARE THE ONES THAT CAUSE THE PROBLEMS FOR 2.

2. your situation has changed and you cannot pay full monthly payments.

Unfortunately, a lot of these suffer from ' ostrich system'.

My job is to help those in cat 2 and prosecute those in cat 1.

60% of my clients work with me,

and a lot of people rebuild their credit files with lower REGULAR payments.

Also, many SAVE money with incentives and discounts given!!!!!

So we aint all that bad.Remember you are SUB PRIME,

coz you have BAD credit ratings for past misdeminours.......

.....the thing to remember is,

that you went to Welcome coz nobody else would deal with you.

You wanted the money,

so signed up for it.

Yes, additional extras like PPP add up megabucks, but you dont have to sign for it. THATS SUB PRIME.

If you are having problems,

discuss it with your Account Manager,

dont let it blow up.

Dont rewrite accounts unless they will do it at 1% or less as you'll benefit only from your credit file improvement,

but have to pay your debt for longer at more overall cost.

As for Welcome Car Finance,

its not going down the pan.

WFS have decided to stop using for HP secured deals,

now that WCF have 'matured'.

Did you know that Welcome cover over 70% of all HP deals in the UK?

So why pay commision to others for business when they can do it their self?

Thats good business.

Remember,

if everyone managed their credit,

and paid on time,

interest rates would come down,

and some of our customers do get bank rates!!

call us what you like...

sub prime, non standard...

this may be your first problem we are all individuals with certain needs. most of your borrowers are duped into taking PPI, no PPi no loan....

justify this....

I really hope unfortunately for you enough complaints lead to a fine for your company ,

which leads to administration...

I will be speaking to a team of solicitors in the near future which will hopefully enable good honest genuine people to clean up credit files and claim compensation from companies such as yours that use defaults like weapons to extort even more money out of consumers.

people are becoming more and more aware of their rights and the credit crunch is greedy profiteers gambling with others money knowing if they make it big they will share the dividends if they dont ah well the government will bale them out with money which could be used better....

rbs asking shareholders for money is the start of something which will change the banking industry for ever....

bit late but hey ho!!!

If i where you I would consider alternative employment as the industry you are in will slowly collapse....

I do not and will never need to justify my existence.

unlike you using the forum to pick up tips and try and make out how good you are....

I am convinced any members saying welcome are good company all work in your office..... ?????

just my opinion!!!

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

Fergal, I love a good argument!!!

Point 1. I dont lend the money therefore I have no control over its costs.

Point 2. I work in the Debt Collection Unit, therefore I only deal with those

people who have problems whether by choice or circumstance.

Point 3. I do not care for those who are 'self,self,self' who beleive that

the whole world is against them.

The question is,

you needed the money,

could not get it elsewhere,

so went to Welcome.

They solved your problem, at a price.

That's business!

PPP is only mis-sold when you are told you are covered for things you are not.

It does not mean that you were told you must have it if you want the loan.

Welcome protect their interests by requesting people take adequate cover.

Remember, this is Non Standard credit, and you are after it because of your 'negative' credit history.

If you have a mortgage,

your bank INSISTS on you having life insurance as cover for their loan,

despite that your house might have equity.

You dont argue this do you?

If you do, no mortgage, no house.

Back to point 2,

over 60% of my 'book' pay me something that is negotiated by both parties to avoid the legal aspect.

This slowly repairs the credit rating, and could earn discounts for loyalty.

A large amount of these payers are in this situation is due to working circumstances, and that they DIDN'T take PPI or other insurances.

The other 40% are the cause of why interest is very high, and the near insistance of PPI.

Lastly,

I will now tell you that personally,

I would not touch WFS with a bargepole,

nor similar lenders.

This is due to me paying my bills on time,

shopping on line for deals and bargains.

I have large debts,

I dont get paid much and have a family of 4.

I drive a bog standard second hand car and get 1 holiday a year, if lucky.

But I survive.

If I can do it witout too much hassle, so can others.

Think, before you do things.

Dont work hard, work smart..........

..there are always other alternatives if you play by the rules.

GOODBYE!! NO FURTHER COMMENTS BY ME................

What a load of crock - and that is to put it politely

- WFS TAKE ADVANTAGE of those who can afford it the least

- I have had dealings with WFS and even had someone in your compliance dept who actually agreed with the above statement, they have since left the company.

We all know that WFS look at this board and many others, so as an employee, we would hardly expect you to agree, but you should realise one thing, these are 'people' you are dealing with, not targets and bonus's.

Well done for managing you finances, as you quite rightly expressed, it can be tough and even difficult at times, so maybe with that in mind, you SHOULD understand how easy it is to get in the 'hole' - the problem starts there, because if you did see it that way, you would already know that WFS is NOT the answer, and I guess that would make your job tough, but hey, having a conscience is.

• NatWest - Settled in full 8 weeks after LBA (without interest)
  • Capital One - LBA 27th July - Offered & paid £28 - Rejected - settled
  • Monument - LBA 18th July - Offer 19th July - Refused - settled

• WFS - 8 Point Complaint - awaiting response - Failed CCA Request - awaiting response - Awaiting S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) info

***WFS Written Off £8k 01/08/07***

Monument sent my info even tho i forgot to send payment!!! Thanx Monumnet

every lender takes a risk if circumstances change.... this entire automated system between lenders, credit reference agencies etc needs to be looked at if the govt wants to reduce the £3 trillion debt in uk.... if i could borrow £10,000 and pay back £11,800 instead of using welcome say and have to pay back approx £19000 then immediately this would reduce the trillion debt.... the money making credit reference industry has a lot to answer to..... I have good wage , but I am unable to borrow at good rates due to a company putting a £100ish default on my file due to a disputed amount... I have tried and can do nothing to have it removed.... so I end up paying 19000 , where is the fairness in this scenario... this is the situation of so many people.... we need the govt to bring in new regulations to means test peoples ability to pay rather than force them in to expensive rates due to an alleged risk.... madness ....

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

Hi Guys,

I have a membership with credit expert so i can keep track of what`s happening with my credit file. I have a good credit history and my credit score was 862 out of a 1000.

I wanted to apply for a loan for £3000 and wanted to see what the best deal was i could get so credit expert has a link at the bottom of the page where you fill in your details if you are looking for a loan and they will contact you.

They contacted me the next day by phone and promised me they would be able to search the market to see what was the cheapest loan rate they could get me.

I thought ok no prob`s saves me all the hassle and waited to hear back.

I got a call back about a week later saying they had found a company that was willing to loan me the money and put me straight through to them. I`d never heard of Welcome Finance but this was the company i was now speaking too. She took all my details then started reeling of all the extra insurance`s and cover for the loan. I explained that i did`nt really want any of these and she informed me that i could cancel them at anytime if i wanted to.

To get rid of her i told her i had to be at work and i was running late and that if she could just put all the paperwork in the post i would have a look at it once i had it and then contact them back.

The paperwork arrived 2 days later with my offer of my loan and i was shocked to find the APR RATE @ 42.88% PLUS with all the payment charges etc added to my loan i would have to repay them back £4,080.97 over 2yrs with an acceptance charge of £75.00.

I thought if that`s the best deal credit expert can find me forget it, but Welcome Finance did`nt want to forget me and for the next 2 weeks they kept ringing and texting my mobile which i did`nt answer.

I HAVE SINCE GOT A LOAN @14.9 APR WITH NO SELLING OF COVER BEING SOLD TO ME SO A WORD OF WARNING TO ALL YOU WOULD BE BETTER TO SEARCH FOR YOUR OWN BEST DEAL AND NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY NO MATTER WHAT.

I bought a car (£3250 plus finance costs) less than 12 months ago on an HP agreement with Welcome Finance. Within a week, I advised Welcome that the vehicle was not fit for purpose intended. Welcome advised me that I needed to contact the garage where I bought it. I did. They carried out repairs to then total of £800.The garage was in Sheffield but they instructed a garage near to where I live (90 miles away) to carry out repairs. Although the repairs were done, a couple of the initial problems were still there, but the garage was unable to diagnose the faults. I have spent something like £1500 on additional repairs (including a new gearbox, clutch etc) within 6 months of purchase. Welcome contributed £500 towards the repairs as a "goodwill gesture". The initial problems are still there and apparently I need to take the car to a Renault main dealer who will be able to sort matters out, but this will cost at least £500 to investigate (half of the engine needs to come out - the problem is located somewhere where it is difficult to get at). Then there will be the costs of parts, etc.

I am unable to afford the repairs/investigations and Welcome say that they won't pay anything.

I have instructed Welcome to re-posess the vehicle as it is not working and I am unable to pay for it to be repaired. I have asked welcome to reply by mail, so that I have a written record

Three months later, Welcome have tried to 'phone, but have not replied in writing, despite me sending three letters, and copies of the first two.

I have now stopped my standing order and told them that I will let it go to court.

Anyone got any advice?

• 5 weeks later...

Please can you look at the following and determine who is at fault...

1 A high street lender lent money at a high street rate

2 money was not paid back

3 you decided to borrow futher monies rather than saving up

4 you find that no high street lender will lend money

5 welcome offer you finance and you agree that you can afford and you are aware that there are x amount of payments, at this point you can walk away or work out how much you will pay back

6 you decide not to pay welcome back as its all their fault

7 ...........you moan that your credit file is ruined?

For the record most wfs customers have numerous defaults prior and are still quids in on the money they have stollen from other finance companies

it's still there in the corner - the red triangle with the ! in it. :rolleyes:

Not very nice to start accusing people of stealing money..... :(

• WFS - 8 Point Complaint - awaiting response - Failed CCA Request - awaiting response - Awaiting S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) info

I thought stollen was a type of cake thing.

Mr Middie... remember that saying, by the grace of God go I...

anyone could find themselves fallen upon hard times, that's no excuse for the sort of tricks Welcome get up to.

as streetgang said

times are tough for everyone, and those who took easy credit are now finding it very tough - i should now, i am one.

That said, you learn from your mistakes and I am trying desperately to survive and to pay the bills to my creditors while keeping a roof over our heads.

an apr of +30% gives Welcome a good enough return on their initial outlay without adding punitive charges left right and centre.

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

Charges for phone calls & letter should only be applied if they need to contact you regarding the management of your account ie if you miss a payment etc. If they charge you for calling or writing in order to sell you additional finance then this is not a valid reason for applying these charges. Welcome strongly believe in maintaining their customers, and the easiest way for them to do this is to keep you in their pocket.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am new to this site but have been reading you thread ref welcome. I to have had a few problems with them I got a secured loan on my previous property but my circumstances changed so I had to sell the property and to cut a long story short in the midst of all that was going on Welcome where least of my worries till now. Dont be judegemental on me I always pay my bills and I assusmed this was to be cleared in the sale. However, I have been looking round for loan and a company I approachd to find me a good loan put me on to welcome. They have offered me another loan without the mention of the previous I know I should say something but I am a single hardworking mum and am looking for a loan to take my boy on holiday I ma confused has this happened to anyone else??? More to the point should I mention the previous debt??????

it's difficult - i'm sure most of us know - but seriously - you would contemplate dealing with these people again???

It sounds as if they messed up a bit with your secured loan, similar thing happened to me. I would NEVER deal with welcome again.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but if you have the money to pay another loan, save it, go on holiday when you have the money in your hand, just think how much that would actually save you in the long run.

I can guess that you don't want to wait, (not many of us do) another option is, a credit union, again you will have to save 1st, but they will allow you to borrow after a little time, and the interest rates are unbelievable (in a good way) - try and find a local one near you.

Just my 2 cents........

• 2 weeks later...

I dont mind paying what i owe and initially welcome were very good so i extended my loan to consolidate some other owings so i would only have one monthly outgoing. i also took out two of the three offered insurance policies. Everything was fine and i didnt need to think about my payments.....until i heard they were laying people off and i may be one of them, so i played on the idea of decreasing my monthly payments...which i did. Isigned a bit of paper to state that i would drop my payments to the minimum of £80.80 per month.....I have now been layed off and have been forced to wake up and look at my finances i looked through my insurance policy and found out i am covered if i am laid off from work, i thought this was great until i spoke to welcome...All they stated was because i reduced my payment amount my insurance is null and void, i recieved no hint of this from the man that i spoke to when reducing my payments and all the lady on the phone could say was "sorry". I am now left paying what i owe (which i dont mind) plus another £1560 on top as apparrently i bought these policies outright even though i can no longer use them... I have since been in touch with welcome and requested a complete breakdown of my account and have been in contact with the FSA who agree i shouldnt still be paying for something i can no longer use...They have set me off in the right direction of getting in touch with Welcomes complaint department which then makes everything 'official' as it were... i will keep you posted on how it goes....one last point on the breakdown of my account i have, since the 27/10/05 payed off a massive £460.20 unnoficially the amount of my payments £1718.20 minus the capitalisation(interest) £1715.02 means in 3 years i have paid off £3.18 with regular payments.....Go figure!?!?

With that last comment - now maybe you can see why we are so 'anti' companies like WFS - they take advantage of those can afford it least, and when things get tough - they get tougher for those who have less - which in turn, creates a nasty spiralling circle..... go figure..... WFS reckon they are helping you.......

Personally with the insurance thing - I would contact the FSA and get them involved - you did the right thing by advising WFS and having them agree to lower payments, but ' I think ' they have it wrong on the insurance, where is the cancellation document??? Have they revised your loan and advised of the new payments (minus the insurance) - i don't think so, or you would have known you weren't paying for insurance.

I would also advise asking for the agreement you signed - and not a mock of what it would look like, a copy of the 'actual agreement' you signed, you can do this under a cca request - cost £1 - there is a template on the site somewhere.

If they are trying to palm you off, because of their mistake, (not informing or even advising you of the cancelled insurance due to lower payments) then I say, go for the jugular:D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks