Anyone up for a Welsh meet?

stadium_arcadium
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi fellow members:D

Last year there was a Welsh meet planned for December. Sadly, due to the organizers pulling out (for reasons only known to them) and some members not able to make it, it didn't happen. It was suggested by another member that I could try and organize one for this year (I thank her for her faith in me lol) After months of debating I have finally plucked up the courage to post this thread. I would love to meet fellow members but as the other meets are a bit far to travel I hope very much there will be a good response and we can have a get together here in Wales:)

I live near Cardiff but up for suggestions for date/venue etc, don't want to clash with the other meets. Here's hoping I get some replies lol.:p

S.A.

EDIT:

Place

Prince of Wales,

(82 St Mary Street, CARDIFF, CF10 1FA )

Cheap drinks and food available:grin:

Date Sat 14th July 2007.

Time anytime after 1pm ~ near the bar at the top of the stairs.

See you there if you can make it!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, great stuff brightestsparkler!:D Hi, nice to have you onboard!

C'mon fellow welshmen/women, sign up, make your suggestions...don't be shy, we won't bite...well, not very hard.....;)

Thanks to Dave and the mods for putting up the meets forum:cool:

Sounds like a great idea! I'm up for it....Cardiff is ok for me, although I live in Westest Wales! It would be interesting to meet other claimants face to face...although I haven't yet got any money back from RBOS, it would be good to think they funded the trip!:lol:

I'd like to meet up with other CAGers in Wales too. I'm based in mid Wales - I could travel to Cardiff (everywhere's a long way from here!) The devil in me wants to suggest the Royal Welsh Showground, in July!!!

I'm up there for the donny osmond concert in merthyr so could poss make it if it were on the 1st of july?:D

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

More replies, brill!:D :D

Hi scentinel, it would be great if your claim were to fund your CAG meet lol, I like your way of thinking!

Hey there, KnellyK, I've never been to the RWS but it sounds like a good place to go! whats it like?

Hi thetenter, any info/ideas/suggestions welcome:)

Hello cillitbanger, hope you enjoy the show! No date set in stone yet, but July def sounds good to me. You could show us how the Bristolians do it....meets that is...:eek: :grin:

I will have to check dates with my hubby, cos he's always going off places, but now it's MY turn hehe...Thanks for your replies guys, if you meet any welshies in the forums, send them this way:wink:

Hi fellow members:D

Last year there was a Welsh meet planned for December. Sadly, due to the organizers pulling out (for reasons only known to them) and some members not able to make it, it didn't happen. It was suggested by another member that I could try and organize one for this year (I thank her for her faith in me lol) After months of debating I have finally plucked up the courage to post this thread. I would love to meet fellow members but as the other meets are a bit far to travel I hope very much there will be a good response and we can have a get together here in Wales:)

I live near Cardiff but up for suggestions for date/venue etc, don't want to clash with the other meets. Here's hoping I get some replies lol.:p

S.A.

Me too, me too!!!

As long as it's not later than my bed time:rolleyes:

Boo xx

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Hi Boo, Gizmo and Manic *waves* yay, the more the merrier!:D I have to say it won't be on the 1st July then (sorry Cillit, would've liked to meet you) cos it clashes with the picnic, plus it's a Sunday and public transport would be limited.

Do any of you have any preference to where we meet? I am not a regular pubber/clubber so I have very limited knowledge on that scene, but I'd be quite happy wherever we go:)

SA

I am in Newport most of the time, but actually live in Newtown.

I'll try to make it if I can. Anywhere, long as you don't have to drive home and can stop there. I can get a train home from Cardiff :D

Varangian ;)

Hi Varangian and Claire :D welcome aboard! Brill, we are into double figures. I am off on hols on Fri, so as soon as I get back (well, once I've watched the LOST finale!) I'll do some research and word of mouth, see if I can come up with a few suggestions. We could then maybe vote for a venue and date, how does that sound?

Does anyone else need a place to stay, or can provide, and are there any dates out of the question for anyone?

Lets get this party started.......8-)

Hi all, I'd be up for a meet, it'll help to meet others in a similar position. I'm able to get to most places on most days. God that makes me sound as though I have no life!:o

Let me know where and when and I'll be there.

Well, being in weston super mud I'd prob be up for this one too!

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Mother in law in Cwmbran so I have a babysitter as long as the do is Cardiff-ish

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

Count me in too, just outside Caerphilly me, so can get pretty much anywhere as very near the M4 corridor....;)

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

• 2 weeks later...

seems the first of july is popular! except of course to those greedy ones who want to go to the picnic as well!

how many from this area are going to london exactly?

the thing is i will actually be living in devon by then so it would be trickier to come any other time

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

1 July is a Sunday, so I imagine it would have to be a daytime event for most were it on that day. Be aware that Speedway comes to Cardiff that weekend.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

Hi peeps, yeh I'd already said that it couldn't be July 1st, due to other CAG meets and it being a Sunday. I don't know if any welsh members are going to the other meets, I can't cos it's too far to travel:-(

I am currently looking into dates and venues....how does 6th or 7th July sound? or 13th or 14th? both are weekends. If I can get a general idea on the best dates to suit most of us, then I will get on with setting a firm date. It will def be Cardiff I would imagine. Also if anyone needs somewhere to crash I could possibly put them up.