Again vs. Lloyds TSB

meagain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For those who had fun watching me take on HSBC, you now have the pleasure of seeing the Flip-Flop vs. the Yes Men (who remembers those adverts? :)).

I have my statements, though the staff at the Copy Statement Unit need a brief lesson in English. Having finally (after 2 months) got a response to my DPA request, I was given the information I requested "in accordance with the act." I should have been "in accordance with the Act", as IIRC references to Statute are always capitalised. :p

Got a full set of statements for my U19 account, nothing to report. Then found a list of statement entries containing the charges and overdraft interest levied, only without the actual balances at the time the entries were made, making it impossible to determine whether or not the interest should have been payable. Kind woman at the desk was able to print out the statements, but decided to only print the ones showing the entries, so the "balance at interest date" will be somewhat misleading (e.g. charging £2 o/d interest while the account appears to be £30 in credit)

The charges alone come to £160. At one point I am charged interest and excess fees for being at -£120 (with a £50 limit). By my reckoning, the corrected balance (allowing for prior interest) is around +£45, on which I should not be charged overdraft interest, let alone excess fees. Since some of these go back a good deal longer than the HSBC (charges on that account go to 2004, whereas on this it's 2002), and the LTSB unauthorised overdraft rate is 29.8% rather than 14.8%, the contractual interest should be interesting to see.

Now, on to the spreadsheet!

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941