UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morning Everyone

Not directly related but relevant and interesting reading all the same

New traffic penalties ensure drivers come first in parking disputes - Times Online

Still waiting to hear back from UKPC.

JB

We need to be clear that it's not related at all. The disputes referred to are completely different from those over 'invoices' issued by PPC's, which wouldn't be heard by Ms Sheppard's team.

Interesting quote:

Councillor David Sparks, transport spokesman for the Local Government Association, said: “Everyone hates congestion and delays to their journey and the new regulations will help councils deliver more effective parking management to improve traffic flow and make the roads safer for everybody. The introduction of postal penalty notices will allow local authorities to clamp down on the minority of unscrupulous motorists who flout parking regulations by driving off while a notice is being issued.”

No mention of the unscrupulous 'civil enforcement officers' then.

Why aren't we revolting?

today i recieved a letter of UKPC (2 days after recording a letter telling them to take me to court!! after no previous replies to the previous unrecorded letters).

they actually say they will drop the fine as good will gesture IF i can produce any reciepts that i used the retail park that day!!!!

obviously i havnt got any because they put no ticket on the car (obv then i would have saved the reciept),just sent a lovley picture of my car parked perfectly a week or so later!

i think i only got a small bottle of oil anyway...why would i keep the reciept?

plus it was on the 18th feb.

funnily enough the carpark in question has now put all nice new shiny stickers on the vastly increased number of signs,stating that you cannot leave the car park on foot!!!

prob due to the number of UKPC complaints.

anyway im probobly going to send a cease and desist (till they send a court date) then reply to no more.

hell will freeze before they get 1p off me.

(even if a judge ordered it,which he wont, theyll then get it in 1ps by courier (obv 1p short)

cheers

Cazcounty,

Reading between the lines, it looks like UKPC are backing down with you as well. Shame, it seems as if you were really looking forward to your day in court. Never mind, it was never anything more than an absolute remote possibility anyway, whatever UKPC may have threatened.

thanks barnsley boy,

i dont think ive heard the last of them yet (surley theyve got a few letters left in them) but the help of this site,the template letters and everyone on it has been invaluable,

a big thanks to everyone involved.

it makes my blood boil thinking of all the people (esp oap's who must be scared of them) bullied into paying illegal (and in my case totally made up) charges by some rouge company.

the funny thing is that these traders who employ the crooks to run their car parks must have lost £1000's of pounds in revenue.im just one person and ill never shop in my local b&q ever again.

good luck to everyone and keep the faith,

dont pay them a penny.

After reading the various emails I wrote to UKPC stating I was not the driver at the time etc, received various correspondence back which I used the standard letters to reply and ask them for proof and legislation etc. My last letter was a ‘cease and desist’ letter asking them to back up the proof or leave me alone. The point I am up to now is that I received a letter which read like this:

Notice to owner

Please be advised that according to our records the recent parking penalty, detailed above remains unpaid and has now been passed to our nominated collection agents Hunter Forrest & Co based at ……………….

Following non payment of this offence details of the register keeper were requested from DVLA etc etc.

Due to the intervention of Hunter Forrest & co the outstanding sum of £120.24 is now payable.

Accordingly we request that you either remit full payment to them within the next seven days or that you contact Hunter Forrest to discuss the situation and your proposals for payment.

Please be advised that no further communication are to be made to our offices, all enquires to now be directed to Hunter Forrest on telephone number ……………. Our offices recommend that you make contact with them within the next seven days as failure to act now may result in further action being taken to recover this debt which could incur further charges to yourself.

My question is do I write back to UKPC and say you still have not resolved my previous queries? Write to Hunter Forrest now or just ignore it for the time being and wait for Hunter Forrest to write to me directly?

Looks like no one has actually responded to your specific query:

Given that you've sent the cease & desist letter and they've ignored your request for substantiation etc, you should do the same. Just ignore everything from UKPC or Hunter Forrest short of actual court papers. You've got your previous letters on file which would demonstrate to a court that you acted reasonably. Unless they have anything fresh by way of substantiation there is no need to bog yourself down with further correspondance.

And another - received a charge notice for our co van. Don't know and don't really care if our driver was parked there - I have no intention of giving them any money, especially after doing a quick Google and ending up here!

Have used Barnsley Boy's letter as recommended to gillybeans and will update as it unfolds. Thanks to everyone here and keep up the excellent work!

Sent off my first letter last week, including an extra bit asking why it took them two months to send me the notification in the first place. Got a lovely letter back from the appeals department telling me:

As the register Keeper/Owner of the vehicle at the time of the contravention you are responsible for the payment of the Parking Charge Notice

even though, as stated earlier in the thread, it is the Driver and not the Keeper... and no mention about the delay either.

So I ignored the letter and got the FINAL REMINDER today giving me two weeks to pay the increased amount. Time for the second letter I think, and see if they can tell me about the two month delay.

Whilst at the McDonalds in Potters Bar today as talked about in the thread earlier i saw one of these to**ers ticketing cars.

He was parked himself on double yellows across the road in his black BMW 3 series with blacked out windows waiting for people. As soon as someone pulled up and got out there car he jumped out his car, still left of double yellows and ticketed it and ran back across to get back in his car behind the black windows, cheaky little bas*ard i thought.

I notice that DVLA give out details, how do they do this as i wouldnt mind knowing the details of were his car is registered X238 FMO

I have today visited potters bar and could not park during the dinnertime within disabled parking bays in the high street, I parked in station close nearby on yellow lines, a place i have parked before on the need to do so being disabled. It is a wide close but with double yellow lines on both sides. Today however when I left my car with blue disabled badge and timer correctly showing, i came back to a UKPC parking ticket on my windscreen with the contravention of parking on yellow lines. I vaugely remember a Black Bmw car as outlined above had pulled in front of my car itself on yellow lines a few minutes after I originally left it, I thought no more untill 10 minutes later i returned to my car only to find i had been ticketed and it placed over the badges displayed in my windscreen. Obviously he was the warden on BMW wheels you have previously identified although he hasn`t got the memory to write his warden number on my ticket. Although disabled i never take advantage of the double or single yellow lines dispensation unless I have too, always looking for a Disabled space firstly. Also i have never been ticketed before on double yellow lines , observing the restrictions and times. I feel this way of ticketing people is awfull and i don`t intend to pay this fine. I am going back to take photos of this said person in operation. Any ideas for my appeal or for getting this person made a scapegoat

Tony49

Please don't even dream about appealling. If this is as you say - purely a UKPC ticket - payment details to UKPC with a PO box nr. [Completely different advice applies if the ticket mentions Council or Railway by-laws]. There is absolutely no point whatsoever in "appealling" to UKPC. All these [problematic] want is to fleece you of your hard earned cash. Do not engage with them and DO NOT PAY!!!

On the assumption that this UKPC on private property then either ignore completely or use the template letters. Read the thread on Private Parking Companies also.

Both threads here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/65341-private-parking-companies-charges.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119802-private-parking-tickets-template.html

Thanks for the advice Barnsley boy, Yes, it was exactly how i stated it was, I am not sure if this road is private or not, will find out later today as im going back for video and photographic evidence. For one I`m not sure if they are breaking the rules regarding pulling up in a car on the said yellow lines themselves, or if the local authority know what`s going on here, as they have probably just tendered the parking control too this bunch of monkey`s. One thing I don`t like is being ripped off or seeing other`s suffer the same fate. As for the ticket itself, A 5 year old could fill in the ticket in 10 seconds flat, All they need now on it is DOT-TO-DOT for beginner`s, Its just so basic, probably abit like the so called warden`s themselves, "A bit basic", probably fresh out of the nick for g.b.h.

The BPA are the largest professional association in Europe representing organisations in the parking and traffic management industry.

If you have a complaint with a company that you believe to be a member of the BPA, follow their complaints procedure in order to resolve the issue. If you feel the issue has not been resolved satisfactorily, please write (by post or email) detailing the nature of your complaint and enclosing copies of any correspondence you have had with the company. The BPA cannot get involved in individual cases and will not undertake to follow up on individual complaints. However, if a large number of complaints are received against a BPA member this may result in a review of the members membership status.

ROTFL

Whose side do you think they are on - ours or their members?

Why aren't we revolting?

Please report all complaints against UKPC to British Parking association. They are a member of that group and if sufficient compalints are made the BPA will take action against them.

And the (no doubt) thousands of complaints already, are not enough then :rolleyes:

Best thing anyone can do is spread the word, and direct people to this site. If you see a car with UKPC litter (pun intended) attached, be a good samaritan, either hang around and wait for the driver, or leave a note directing them to this site.

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum

don't answer them I throw these thing straight in the bin .I have had loads of these and all I ever get is letters.

I had 47 at one time from the council and never paid one even when the bailiff's came

Don't be intimidated by debt collectors , if anyone knows of a supermarket taking a consumer to court please post.

Please report all complaints against UKPC to British Parking association. They are a member of that group and if sufficient compalints are made the BPA will take action against them.

Welcome to the British Parking Association

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Given that the BPA are made up of Private Parking Companies they have a vested interest in not finding any problem with the activities of their members. They are funded by their members so can they be deemed to independent and impartial? Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Who are you trying to kid?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well free parkings going down well here ,

Eastbourne has been a civilised place, an Edwardian resort where the middle classes spend their retirement and families enjoy happy days by the seaside.

Have your say: Would you like a parking free-for-all in your town?

Leader: Parking liberation front Now it is even more agreeable after its traffic wardens were stripped of the power to issue parking fines.

nparking109c.jpgNo meters or wardens: until the dispute over parking is resolved, drivers in Eastbourne are able to park anywhere for free

Thanks to a wrangle between the county and borough councils, parking in the East Sussex town is absolutely free.

Visitors and residents can park just about anywhere at any time for as long as they want.

All the hapless traffic wardens can do is issue a warning notice, but there will be no fine, no clampers and definitely no tow trucks.

"It's wonderful," said Camilla Francombe, 56, who has run her second-hand bookstore for more than 30 years in Grove Road. "Bookshops are notorious for getting people tickets.

They come in for two minutes and end up here for an hour. Now they can park here with impunity."

advertisement

The parking fine reprieve began last October because of a dispute between the Liberal Democrat-run Eastbourne council and Tory-controlled East Sussex county council.

County councillors wanted to impose new parking meters on the seafront, spending £200,000 installing them and employing wardens.

But the town council opposed the scheme and discovered a legal loophole which meant the plan had to be suspended.

As a result the meters have been covered and the wardens rendered impotent. The county council said it could have pushed through the scheme with an expensive legal case but decided to wait.

However, taxpayers have had to cough up more than £200,000 to pay seven people to patrol the seafront because the stand-off came too late for the county council to pull out of its deal with contractors, NCP.

It will take the authority until October at the earliest to go through the legal formalities, including compulsory public consultation, before it can bring in the scheme. By that time, given management and equipment costs as well, the taxpayer is unlikely to get much change out of £500,000.

David Tutt, the leader of Eastbourne council, said: "The town is a low-wage, high-cost place economy and if the county council pressed ahead with this, many businesses would have gone to the wall.

"There has been no anarchy and the town has not ground to a halt. I believe our stand is a victory for the motorist and common sense."

Hi everyone,

Hope you can help. I've been through the whole "template letters" process with UKPC now, and it's pretty much gone like this:

UKPC: Give us some money.

Me: Can you prove I was the driver? If not you're getting nothing.

UKPC: You're responsible as the keeper/owner.

Me: No I'm not, and besides, you haven't answered my question.

UKPC: You owe us twice the amount. Blah blah debt collection blah blah.

Me: Bring it on.

UKPC: Don't talk to us any more, talk to Hunter Forrest.

I decided to take the initiative at this point, and send Hunter Forrest a letter asking them to refer back to UKPC since the debt is in dispute, and I've received this from them:

"Further to your recent correspondence in the above matter and having looked into your query, we can advise as follows.

Please be advised that we do not become involved in disputes regarding the validity of the debt, we merely act on the information passed to us by our client.

Any appeal regarding this matter needs to be addressed to our client directly and unless we are advised otherwise, enforcement will continue. You may contact our office to make payment.

I trust we have fully addressed your concerns but should you have any other points you wish to raise, please do not hesitate to contact us."

It's the "enforcement will continue" line which bothers me slightly - they're referring me back to UKPC, but UKPC have asked me not to contact them.

Any idea what my options are at this point? If I just stop writing, will the "enforcement continue"?

All advice appreciated!

Cheers

First of all - DON'T WORRY - this is still just the standard bluff and bluster. Hunter Forrest are a new name for CCS Enforcement. The new name is presumably to make them sound like a firm of solicitors - they aren't - they are just debt collectors. Remember that debt collectors have no more power than you or I until such time as they get a court order - no chance of that.

As debt collectors, Hunter Forrest should comply with the OFT notes for guidance for debt collection as extracts here:

ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are

disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment.

pursuing third parties for payment when they are not liable.

[full document on PM request]

I honestly would not bother writing to Hunter Forrest. Save your stamps for a complaint to the OFT and/or Trading Standards.

You can complain to your local trading standards office here:

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

I received my first letter from Hunter Forrest & Co claiming an unpaid parking fine on behalf of First Management Group for parking at an unamed golf course. I've never even been to a golf course. I'm going to send them a letter asking for any details of location / time and details of the vehicle, or would I be better of just sending them the standard denial letter. Looking at these posts I could send them an empty envelope as they don't seem to bother reading anything. They certainly won't be getting any money.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks