UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Jojo, don't worry, read the sticky here, and look at other peoples threads regarding UKPC and other companies of the same ilk. They will threaten court etc, will pass on to their debt collecting mob, but essentially it is unlikely that they will go to court. I have been dealing with them since Feb and heard nothing since around May, so they have probably given up on me.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-wardens/65341-private-parking-companies-charges.html

hi andy

should i just ignore the letters?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Jojo, I am presuming that it is a private car park as you said it was a retail park. I wrote to them denying any wrong doing as the registered keeper wasn't the driver of the car. You could use one of the many templates on this forum just to let them know that you understand they can't really persue a penalty. Leaving the barriers open when it it closed seems like a bit of a [problem] to get people in and issue a ticket. just ignoring them is another way, you will recieve further letters and then letters from Hunter Forest who are their debt collectors. When you get that one inform them that you deny any wrong doing and they should pass it back to UKPC, who will then probably sit on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi KewUser and any one else who is being conned by UKPC Ltd

...I know it's hard to ignore them, but they are totally in the wrong and against BPA Code of Conduct..they simply are not allowed to charge so much. They dare not take court action because they know the judge will have a field day with them and probably investigate them and if that happens I'll be happy to back you up with my file to give the judge as proof of the disgusting way they con motorists.

I want you to take a few minutes to read this which is printed on BPA website:

Welcome to the British Parking Association

Ref: BPA 340

Date: 18 April 2007

BPA Initiative to End Rogue Ticketing

Rogue companies which issue parking tickets on private land will be driven out of the market thanks to an initiative set to be enforced later this year. From October 2007, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) will release vehicle registration information only to those companies which are members of an Accredited Trade Association.

The British Parking Association (BPA), which is to become the first Accredited Trade Association, said today (18 April 2007) at Parkex, Europe’s largest parking industry fair, that the initiative will prevent motorists receiving high-priced, unregulated tickets.

As it has the responsibility of being the only parking organisation with official DVLA accreditation, the BPAhas also announced that it will be launching its own Approved Operator Scheme, backed by a Code of Practice for Parking Enforcement on Private Land and Unregulated Car Parks. Members that do not comply with the terms of this Code (see notes for terms) could have their BPA membership initially suspended, and possibly terminated (dependent on individual circumstances of complaint).

Transport Minister Dr Stephen Ladyman said: “This initiative will help us clamp down on unscrupulous people who abuse the system to make money out of innocent drivers. I fully support the Approved Operator Scheme and welcome the fact that the BPA is DVLA’s first Accredited Trade Association.”

Part 2 of the Code, introduced today, extends the scope of the successful ‘wheel-clampers’ Code introduced at Parkex in 2006 and aims to standardise the industry’s approach to ticketing on private land and introduce a level of fairness for the consumer

'Under the Code guidelines, standard charges for a parking ticket issued on private land should not exceed £75, and the maximum charge shall not exceed £150. Early payment discounts are recommended for a period of 7-14 days and all details of charges should be included on signage.'

There's loads more to help the motorist if you research their website.

So please ignore UKPC and keep writing, telephoning and emailing Jane Hicks at BPA saying you have a complaint against a member of their association and don't give up until she replies. I suggest you write something along these lines:

"..Under BPA's Code guidelines, standard charges for a parking ticket issued on private land should not exceed £75, and the maximum charge shall not exceed £150. I understand the Competition and Retail Pricing laws allow the BPA to set recommended fee limits, however in the case of UKPC Ltd fees that far exceed these recommendations are being charged against BPA's Code guidelines (attach copy of parking tickets etc). I would appreciate you personally investigate UKPC Ltd as being non-compliant with its Code and Approved Operators Scheme and seek robust justification as to why this Operator is able to harass and extort money from innocent motorists in this very unethical manner. I assume the BPA will take every step possible to ensure all its members behave and operate in a fair, compliant and reasonable fashion and agree that these charges are unenforceable under your current guidelines. I look forward to your reply by return.

I suggest you also lobby your MP and copy him in on all correspondence. Again, lets see how you get on with this and keep me posted.

GA

Hi i'm new here, I have recieved a charge certificate from UKPC last saturday for unauthorised parking and leaving the site and as the registered keeper/owner i am liable, As it was my wife who was driving the car, How am i liable for this?

digger42

You're not liable, they're liars.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Dear Sirs,

Name– Parking Charge / Reference Number *****

I am in receipt of your above invoice for an alleged parking incident in **** on the **/**/2007. I note you have written to me as the registered keeper of the vehicle but I was not driving at the time. Please be advised that as the registered keeper of the vehicle concerned that I have no liability whatsoever to pay your invoice. You need to contact the driver and take up any issues with them directly.

Please do not correspond with me any further on this matter except to confirm that you will be not taking the matter any further with me as the registered keeper of the vehicle.

They will ignore that one saying sometime along the lines of "your appeal has been rejected."

Next Letter:

I am in receipt of your letter dated ********* with regard to the above referenced unsolicited invoice.

I demand that you issue Court proceedings within 14 days or cease and desist from any further contact.

Any other form of contact whatsoever, whether by you or your agents, will be regarded as harassment and will be reported as such.

y/f

Dear Sirs,

I am in receipt of your above invoice for an alleged parking incident in **** on the **/**/2007. I note you have written to me as the registered keeper of the vehicle but I was not driving at the time. Please be advised that as the registered keeper of the vehicle concerned that I have no liability whatsoever to pay your invoice. You need to contact the driver and take up any issues with them directly.

Please do not correspond with me any further on this matter except to confirm that you will be not taking the matter any further with me as the registered keeper of the vehicle.

They will ignore that one saying sometime along the lines of "your appeal has been rejected."

Next Letter:

I am in receipt of your letter dated ********* with regard to the above referenced unsolicited invoice.

I demand that you issue Court proceedings within 14 days or cease and desist from any further contact.

Any other form of contact whatsoever, whether by you or your agents, will be regarded as harassment and will be reported as such.

y/f

I would take out the bit in red above - it's simply unnecessary.

Thanks Barnsley Boy and Patdavies.

I will certainly us your quotes in the letter, there is one question that i would like to ask, do i put the letter in the envelope that they supplied with the invoice? or use one of my own?

Hi digger42. I asked the Post Office the exact same question when I sent an appeal letter to UKPC. The PO said that it would still be signed for, and the letter did get there as they replied to say appeal unsuccessful pay up! Make sure you keep the PO receipt. Incidentally, I have followed advice on these threads in my replies and I haven't heard back from UKPC for a few months now. Would also suggest you complain about them to the National Parking Association - to jane.h@britishparking.co.uk. Not that they will do anything, but the amount of complaints against UKPC must be huge now. The more complaints that are made may put pressure on the NPA to get them out of membership as they must break nearly every rule in their code of practice!

Hi all,

Got my first reply from UKPC today it reads,

Dear sir, With reference to the above parking charge notice As the regisered keeper/owner of the vehicle at the time of the contravention you are responsible for the payment of the Parking Charge Notice.

There are sufficient signs within this area warning vehicle owners that should they leave their vehicle unattended without permission this will reslt in a PCN being issued by post.

what do you think folks?

Hi all,

Got my first reply from UKPC today it reads,

Dear sir, With reference to the above parking charge notice As the regisered keeper/owner of the vehicle at the time of the contravention you are responsible for the payment of the Parking Charge Notice.

There are sufficient signs within this area warning vehicle owners that should they leave their vehicle unattended without permission this will reslt in a PCN being issued by post.

what do you think folks?

Take a look at this. I posted it yesterday. I'd be interested to know if it is helpful.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Note the distinction between "owner" and "keeper".

I like this bit:

If the owner isn't there, no matter how many signs there are, they won't achieve what they suggest.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Thanks Bernie,

your post is valuable information to all of us, and i will certainly use your advice in my reply to their letter.

They have obviously lied in saying that 'Warning vehicle owners' As there is no evidence stated on the 'signs' about vehicle owners. I have photo's of the signs.

That's a standard letter they have sent to you. I too had photos of their signs and sent copies to UKPC referring to them on several occassions. In the end they sent a letter back to me ignoring everything I had asked for and challenged them over, saying that they will put any further correspondence from me on file without a reply unless I had any new evidence! How much more evidence do they need!! I then sent them a letter saying either sue me or not, and not to write to me unless they were dropping the case. I haven't heard a thing from them for months.

Hi everybody, I'm new around here so be gentle :rolleyes:

I too recently received a "ticket" from UKPC and my question to you is really quite simple. The stated reason for me being given the ticket is that I the vehicles driver (not owner) left the premises, however i have been back to the site and nowhere on any of the signs does it say that the vehicles keeper must stay on the site of the leisure park, what is my best course of action here?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Got a letter fro HF & Co this morning telling me that if payment is not made within 7 days they will commence enforcement proceedings via the County Court.

They obviously don't have a scooby. County Court? In Scotland?

This is my local Tesco, I think I might "illegally" park just for some laughs...:-D

Disclaimer: Any advice given is solely my own. I advise you seek professional advice in the first instance.

Hi all,

Got a notice to owner/keeper, Final Notice. today.

1) this notice to owner has been sent to you, as the registered owner/keeper of the vehicle because a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) was issued to the vehicle as shown above and to date full payment has not been received.

2) The driver was allowed 14 days to pay a discounted sum. Any sum already paid,was received outside the discounted period.

3) As the registered owner/keeper / of the vehicle you are legally liable for the parking charge even if you were not the driver at the time.

4) It is now too late to pay the 50% discounted rate.

What doe's anyone think of this?

I note that they didn't reply to my last letter, just sent me this final notice.

2) The driver was allowed 14 days to pay a discounted sum. Any sum already paid,was received outside the discounted period.
Really? So why have they contacted you, the registered keeper then?

3) As the registered owner/keeper / of the vehicle you are legally liable for the parking charge even if you were not the driver at the time.
Absolute bull****.

4 words:

See you in court.

:)

• Haha 1

Hi everyone,

This is the letter I wrote to UKPC, on the 19th november.

Dear Sirs,

ref: Final reminder.

I refer to previous correspondence about your claim (copy enclosed)

You appear to claim that I, as keeper, am legally responsible for this alleged debt. I deny this.

Would you please advise me what statute(s) and / or judicial precedent enable you to enforce? This penalty against me.

Unless you provide evidence to substantiate your claim against me I shall be unable to assist you further in this matter and I restate my denial of this claim.

y/f

thanks to Bernie the Bolts posts

This is the reply I received today.

Dear sir,

Thank you for your recent communication concerning the above Parking Charge Notice. Please rest assured that our Appeals Manager has personally reviewed this case and carefully considered the various points raised. Our view, however, is that these particular circumstances are neither unreasonable nor unjust and so we will not be waiving this parking charge in full.

You will be aware from the Parking Charge Notice that we offer a 50% discount for parking charges paid within 7 days. As you lodged an appeal, we are prepared to extend this period for another 14 days from the date of this letter. But if we do not receive your remittance at the reduced rate by 6th December 2007, the full amount will then become payable and we will put the matter in the hands of our Debt Recovery Agents.

We appreciate that this is not the outcome you will have hoped for.Unless you have any additional information that you have not already brought to our attention, this decision is final. Although further correspondence will be noted and filed, please do not expect any responce from us except where you have provided new evidence to substantiate your case.

We hope you will take advantage of the extended 50% discount period and will send your remittance promptly.

Well what do you think of that folks?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks