UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There has been some very helpful advice from people in the same situation as a find myself. i.e. stupid parking charge on free cark park (over the bay lines) from UKPC who have now threatened me with Hunter Forrest & Co. I shall use all this information on a letter to both. My husband intefered the other day by ringing and basically telling them to stick their parking ticket! Fortunatley (although he was tempted otherwise) he was unusually polite!

Cheers everyone - I willl stick to my guns and not pay and not give in for a quiet life as I usually do.

These people are just that Bullies. I wrote off to them 3 times and kept getting the same thing sent back too. I told them what they are implying is illegal as my vehicle was on private property and so they can not enforce a private penalty notice on private land to the owner only the keeper. If they cannot provide proof to me of the keeper then get stuffed, ( I really wasn't driving...)

The debt collector will have to pass it back to UKPC if you say you are disputing it with UKPC. they can only pursue a notice then if instructed by UKPC. Dont worry!!! For the record they even offered to lower the payment by me to £45 if i pay again within 7 days. And wait for it it was £45 then 90 now they are offering to go back to £45... What company does that. I want them to take me to court but they wont. Keep the chin up!!

Hi guys

I received a parking ticket from a company called UKPC and the reason was that 'Un authorised parking at Mellis avenue in Richmond, Surrey.

I probably made a mistake by appealing and telling them that I was there for official business and that there were no provisions for me to pay for the parking, which they rejected.

Whats the best option for me to do now since this is a private area and only residents are permitted to park there.

Thanks for the help.

Hiya

You should take a look at this site as it deals with the legal aspects we are saying and makes a lot of legal sense: McDonalds Car Park in Potters Bar

UKPC seem to be targeting motorists all over the UK and making a lot of money from this highway robbery.

I strongely suggest everyone write to their MP's and the British Parking Association (BPA) in order to gain as much public support to stop them abusing the system. They are acting illegally and against the BPA Code of Practice, the DVLA Voluntary Code and against most Criminal and Traffic laws that are out there to protect the public.

We can either all join in and stop this or turn a blind eye until next time they target us or someone we know. The choice is yours.

G A

Hiya all - I still haven't received anything from either UKPC or H,F&Co, and so I'm treating it as case closed. By all means I will still report them to my MP and the BPA as I just recently heard of an elderly gentleman being conned out of his weeks pension by them for parking over a white line! I hope everyone does stand against them, crooks like these need sorting out.:mad:

There was nothing in my last letter that wasn't in all the others... so I don't know what's finally got rid of them, all I can say is when you feel like paying up, just to get shot of them...don't. It seems like they do eventually go away.

Hi fellow victims!!

Does anyone live around the Harlow area and has had one of these parking tickets- the local paper (Harlow Herald) wants to write a follow up on previous parking problems in the area and needs to talk to local people -here is the email Joanna.Fletcher@archant.co.uk to write to. (your personal details will be protected if you want)

The more people who are aware of these parking scams the quicker we can find justice and stop it happening again.

Get writing!

I have not heard another thing from them since threatening them with the police for attempting to obtain money by deception. I told them i was not the driver, didn't know who was and i wasn't paying them even if they got a debt collector. I invited them to take me to court even!

Stuff em and dont pay!!!

• 2 months later...

I need help...

I'm in a bit of a grey area! I'm heavily pregnant and suffering from SPD (a condition that affects the hips) I am now unable to drive at all but two weeks ago I was photographed in a disabled bay in a private car park. I would never normally use these bays as I feel strongly that they are a requirement for the people that need them, however, the week before I had to wait 2 hours for the driver parked next to me to return to his vehicle as I couldn't open my door wide enough to access my vehicle. Before parking there I drove around the car park looking for an end space so that I wouldn't have to use the disabled bay but there were none vacant, as there were no mother and baby spaces either I felt I had no other choice.

I was under the impression that disabled parking bays in private car parks were advisory only but I have received a parking charge from UKPC of £45 going up to £90 if not paid within 14 days.

Should I dispute this? I can of course provide a medical certificate to my condition and my numerous referrals to physiotherapy and proof of my chiropracty treatment.

Right, here we go.

I got all these letters too.

The problem is this!

They as a private company try to tell you that as you are on private land and in contravention of their parking rules you have to pay them money./ WRONG !

Its because you are on private land that they cannot enforce a ticket because legally if you have not entered into an agreement with them to park there they cannot enforce a ticket.

Say you were not driving and ask them to produce evidence of who was!

They will ignore this and still issue you with another ticket for £90 then you'll keep getting this for a while.

Next they'll write again offering for you to pay at the reduced rate of £45 again.

Dont pay and dont even write to them they WILL go away if you stick to your guns.

I did and never heard another thing.

They are trying to bully you by pretending it is legal thing to pay for parking wrongly. I

ts not though on private land.

They are not legally binding tickets like the ones you get from the council or the police traffic wardens.

Stop worrying!!!

Trust me.

If you want more info email me at [removed]

Say you were not driving and ask them to produce evidence of who was!

I would offer a small word of caution. Only say you were not driving if that is true.

What I would say is simply this:

Dear Sirs,

I refer to your attached letter. You have written to me as the registered keeper. If you have a claim it is against the driver, please take this matter up with the driver.

Yours faithfully

I suspect that they will ignore this in which case write as follows:

Dear Sirs,

I refer to your attached letter. I have asked you to take this matter up with the driver. If you are suggesting to me that I was the driver, please provide me with your evidence. If you don't do this, I will not be able to reply to any more letters from you.

Yours faithfully

Short and to the point is key.

If you get to the point where they start threatening you with bailifs, then come back for more help.

Goes without saying, recorded/special delivery and keep copies of everything.

Good luck

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

I have read many of these threads with regard to private land and parking charges

, my wife and i are in the process of dealing with one ourselves from A.S. Securi-T,

my question is this

aren't the firms that are employing these cowboys (in my case parking in a Staples office supplies car park) also guilty by association,

i intend to write to the company secretary of Staples asking him if he is aware of what is going on in their car park at Fareham Hampshire and whether they receive any profits from A.S. Securi-T.

UKPC

Hello this is my first posting. I have paid several charges  to UKPC

but i simply refuse to pay this one as

i had no ticket on my car ans deem it unfair anyway. UKpc patrol the area i live and say you can not park on the road for longer than 20 mins.

They have a photo of my car out side my house and i caught the guy issuing it and explained that i was putting the shopping in and would be gone in 5 mins because my partner drove me and needed the car,

its not fair that he parks off site with the shopping and small child and then make the 10 minute walk to my home.

He showed me he deleted the photo and took the ticket off my car.

Nice guy you would think.

On the 17th of Sept i received a charge certificate demanding £170 or £85 if paid within 14 days.

I cant afford to pay this can anyone help?

Hi every one,

what happened to me today,

and I found this site after looking for :!: UKPC, ME DOING A BIT OF HELPING OUT:D

20/09/2007 time 18.25 arrived ASPECTS LEISURE CENTRE LONGWELL GREEN BRISTOL no at all disabled freindly

one car four passengers all young disabled people going bowling for a couple of hrs,

3 blue badges displaying there presence,

one had forgot heres,

parked in end bay as I had a wheel chair person,

got them booked in and watched them for a bit,

bad habit i know but as I am a smoker went out side to have a fag,

two guys looking at my car ????

flash of light,

so I walked over to see one of them removing a dark peice of plastic from windscreen time now 19.17,

OK here we go asked the two huge black guys what they were doing,

got told to go forth and mutltiply,

just as one put parking ticket under windscreen wiper,

I explained they were having a joke:lol: but was confronted by both and told they were doing there job:confused:

now get lost little man before we put you off this land with force hum I dont know who ownes aspects centre but they have a very funny way of looking after there paying puplic i will let you all know if i get a letter from UKPC

DONT PAY IT!!! UKPC ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CHARGE THIS AMOUNT-I HAVE ALREADY TAKEN THEM TO THE CLEANERS OVER THIS AND GOT MINE CANCELLED,

A LETTER OF APOLOGY AND HAD THEM INVESTIGATED BY THE BPA, TRADING STANDARDS, 3 MPS AND THE DTI!!

!-FIRST WRITE BACK BY RECORDED DELIVERY STATING YOU ARE DISPUTING THIS AND HAVE REPORTED THEM TO THE BPA (BRITISH PARKING ASS-THEIR GOVERNING BODY)THEN EMAIL BPA marked for the attention of Jane Hicks

(Membership Director) at this address: jane.h@britishparking.co.uk WITH A COPY OF THEIR NOTICE AND CHARGES-

UKPC HAVE ALREADY BEEN WARNED ABOUT CHARGING SUCH UNREASONABLE PRICES WHICH ARE ILLEGAL AND TOTALLY AGAINST THE BPA GUIDELINES.

I CANT BELIEVE THEY ARE STILL TRYING TO GET AWAY WITH THE SAME TRICKS!!!

HOPEFULLY WITH YOUR EVIDENCE THE BPA WILL AT LAST TAKE AWAY THEIR LICENCE AND STOP THEM FROM OPERATING!!!

KEEP ME POSTED AS I'M RIGHT BEHIND YOU ON THIS

GA XXX

Hi guys, just wonder if I could get a bit of advice.

Just like everyone else I've got a UKPC ticket. The car is registered in my moms name, but I was driving it when the 'offence' (leaving the site) occurred.

I wrote to them stating the reasons why I had left the site and included a receipt for products I later went on to buy from shops on the site.

However I signed the letters with my name and not my mothers, does this now mean she won't be able to go down the 'I don't know who was driving' route?

I've attached the letter too so you can see why I did leave the car park

16/09/2007

Dear UKPC,

Today I received a notification of unauthorised parking ticket on my car whilst it was parked in a Redditch car park. I wish to appeal against this parking charge as I feel it was given on unfair grounds.

The ticket was issued because I left the vehicle after parking in the car park. I do not deny this – however you must take into account my reasons for doing so. I left the site because I was going to the bank to withdraw cash and speak with them on a personal matter regarding my account. I had every intention of purchasing goods from the Staples store who’s car park I had parked in, however without any cash on me I was unable to do so without first visiting the bank.

Whilst I was apparently given 20min of grace I was unfortunately held up at the bank by a long queue and the length of time my transaction took. Following this I returned to the store to make my purchase (I enclose the receipt as proof). Given that I have indeed used the car park for its intended use (shopping in either the Staples or Aldi store) I feel this penalty notice is extremely harsh.

As a result I request that you withdraw the penalty charge against my vehicle.

Thank you for what I’m sure will be your continued cooperation on this matter.

After this appeal UKPC replied saying that there are sufficient notices to say that you can not leave the site. This is untrue see attachment

p1010187wv9.jpg

As you can see this sign does not state that you can not leave the car park. I have absolutely no intention of paying this ticket, but I would like your advice on which road to head down?

I have already drafted a letter for my response to the rejection of my appeal:

28th September 2007

Dear UKPC Appeals, I wish to draw your attention to your sign (attached). As you can see the sign does not clearly state that you are not allowed to leave the site. There is absolutely nothing on the sign that says you can’t leave the site, as you claim in your letter (also attached). For this reason I request you void the parking charge which was issued incorrectly and reconsider my appeal, which was perfectly legitimate.

Please note the sign states ‘For Retail Park Users Only’ – which I was, as proven by the receipt attached from the staples store.

Should the parking charge not be removed from my car I will take legal advice against your company for attempting to extort money from me. I will also report your company to trading standards to make them aware of your actions.

If you would like to speak to me on this matter please feel free to contact me on my mobile telephone, the number for which is at the top of this letter.

Yours Faithfully

will this do or should I state some legislation etc in with it?

Thanks in advance guys.

Fox Fan

Hi guys, just wonder if I could get a bit of advice.

Just like everyone else I've got a UKPC ticket. The car is registered in my moms name, but I was driving it when the 'offence' (leaving the site) occurred.

I wrote to them stating the reasons why I had left the site and included a receipt for products I later went on to buy from shops on the site.

However I signed the letters with my name and not my mothers, does this now mean she won't be able to go down the 'I don't know who was driving' route?

I've attached the letter too so you can see why I did leave the car park

After this appeal UKPC replied saying that there are sufficient notices to say that you can not leave the site. This is untrue see attachment

[Picture deleted]

As you can see this sign does not state that you can not leave the car park. I have absolutely no intention of paying this ticket, but I would like your advice on which road to head down?

I have already drafted a letter for my response to the rejection of my appeal:

will this do or should I state some legislation etc in with it?

Thanks in advance guys.

Fox Fan

Fox Fan,

I think that there is a danger in you overcomplicating matters, and there is a particular danger in engaging in dialogue.

What I would do in your position id to write to them as follows:

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your letter of [date].

Please find enclosed a photograph of the sign on display at the car park in question.

Could you please provide evidence of the following to substantiate your claim:

1) That a valid contract was entered into between the driver and you.

2) The legal authority that permits you to levy a penalty.

3) The legal authority that permits you to enforce the penalty.

Unless and until you do so, I shall enter into no further correspondence with you on this matter.

Yours faithfully

It is always possible that UKPC will not "join the dots" and will ultimately write to your mother in which case you simply ask them for evidence of who the driver was.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

It is always possible that UKPC will not "join the dots" and will ultimately write to your mother in which case you simply ask them for evidence of who the driver was.

Thanks for the advice Bernie - do you suggest that I sign this letter with the name of my mother or with my name?

Thanks for the advice Bernie - do you suggest that I sign this letter with the name of my mother or with my name?

Yours.

Hi Fox Fan,

Coincidently my wife has also suffered a private parking ticket in a Staples car park, this one is in Fareham Hampshire and patrolled by AS Security.

We also wrote a quick letter of objection stating why my wife had parked there and then we found the CAG forum, now i am well armed and waiting for the battle to start with these [problematic].

For the record the signs are unsatisfactory and it looks like a continuation of Sainsburys car park which allows 2 hours and is adjacent to Staples, we also wrote to Staples head office but they have not had the courtesy to reply.

I have written to my MP who has taken an interest and written to AS Security so it will be interesting to see what happens next.

Regards

Hi - I am in the middle of a UKPC dispute and have a posting on this site as I left the car park to get my baby some water, even though I had a receipt for using the park facilities! Reading through these posts, it looks like UKPC have been reported a fair few times to the BPA - I too, emailed my case to them and got a reply back saying there was nothing they could do and they would forward my complaint to UKPC! I wrote back to them saying that in my opinion UKPC were in breach of the BPA code but they haven't responded to that. We all know where the complaint forwarded to UKPC will end up - b for bin! Surely if enough people complain about the same company they should be struck off - it seems to me that BPA don't follow through. I'm going to write to MP and also the owner of the leisure park, but I wonder just how many complaints to BPA UKPC have had......Has anyone had a positive response from their complaints to BPA?

Hi

I received a parking notice for parking on a small retail park once the shops had closed. UKPC must of only just started operating there because i always park there and this has never happened before.

When i seen the ticket i looked for signs and i noticed them, it said the usaul max stay 2 hours, no parking out of hours etc.

so i looked for signs with the times on the signs were so small with the times and not in clear to see in the dark or day in fact but at the end it said the barriers will be down when the car park is closed. well obviously they were not down because i would never of got on the carpark if they were!!

I have wrote to UKPC appealing with my car but they have said i have to pay and i have another 14 days to pay the 45 fine then today the day after receiving that letter i have got a final demand of 90!!!

any advice on what i should do?

thanks

Jojo, don't worry, read the sticky here, and look at other peoples threads regarding UKPC and other companies of the same ilk. They will threaten court etc, will pass on to their debt collecting mob, but essentially it is unlikely that they will go to court. I have been dealing with them since Feb and heard nothing since around May, so they have probably given up on me.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-wardens/65341-private-parking-companies-charges.html

Hi GA,

I have sent them 2 letters both special delivery the second one saying i do not wish to receive any more letters other than to say the ticket is cancelled and have heard nothing untill yesterday when they sent me a letter saying i now owe them £170. I intend to write back, not too sure what to say but i will also be e mailing Jane at BPA and reporting them.

kewuser.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks