TFL SJPN - accidently tried to use wrong pass

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Unnecessary waffle 

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ready to send? 

Dear Sirs,

I write in relation to my first letter dated 14 July 2022. 

On the day in question, my actions were a one-off error caused by mistakenly having multiple passes in the same wallet, something that never would normally happen, conjoined with simple forgetfulness.

I instinctively touched my wallet, the machine picked up the pass I was also carrying to hand on, and not my own one, my actions were not a deliberate attempt to defraud TfL although of course I take complete responsibility for them 

I wish to request that you consider an out of court settlement in this matter, above all to save court time but also not to unfairly punish a genuine human mistake. I am willing to pay any missed fares, administration costs or fines to mutually settle the matter. 

A criminal record would destroy my future employment options and bring financial hardship to my family. As a university student, I tutor and mentor to young students. My job requires a high level of integrity, honesty and respect. I have to be DBS check-approved.

I have never broken the law before, nor posed any danger to the public. This record would not only destroy my teaching prospects but also limit my aspirations in legal and consultancy.

I fully understand the terms and conditions of using a freedom pass, to which I had no right for use. I vow that I will never engage in another incident with TfL.

I only blame myself for my actions and deeply apologise the inconvenience I have caused to all TfL staff involved.

Thank you for your consideration. I hope some leniency and compassion is tended to this matter.

Yours Sincerely,

I'll look later.

I've made one change, but I can't read pdf's when out herding sheep and I'm sure it would also help to make some comment regarding your 1st letter.

More later.

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok im happy with your 1st letter so no need to bring it up

get that emailed to TfL.

i would give it no more than 1 week before we send something extra if you get no reply.

court reply can be done oct 1st unless im missing something . on dates you have a good period to be a pest.

and they

copy/paste as text of an email

attach as PDf too.

put your case number in the subject line.

and they

no??

it gives them an easy way to put your response in any files they might need/have for the future.

you'll just get a small fine and a warning letter i expect.

and they

what do you think?????:crazy:

and they

no you are not repeating yourself, you are simply putting the same response in a PDf file as the text of your email.

and they

Hello,

I received a damning response today which I am more disappointed of 

Dear, 

Thank you for your email.  As I have previously mentioned before, the 60+ pass you tendered for your journey is clearly distinguishable from an ordinary Oystercard. 

The onus is on the passenger to ensure they are in possession of a valid ticket and to take reasonable steps to ensure they do this. 

The misuse of concessionary passes is a widespread problem within the London area and any prosecution is in the public interest.  

I note what you have to say regarding your personal circumstances concerning a potential conviction. 

It would be inappropriate for TfL to pursue a policy not to prosecute in certain types of professions which would lead to discriminatory policy for certain professionals as opposed to other members of the public. 

You should now answer the single justice procedure paperwork previously sent to you.  

Regards

Good youve now got a line of communication.

Politely reply stating something like.

thank you replying to my email dated xxxxx and for your reply the contents of which are duly noted.

I can appreciated your stance and again reintegrate i am will to meet all costs etc to achieve an OOC.

I can also appreciate the company statement of how serious misuse of 60+ passes is, and again do not disagree, however as i have described, more than one card was contained within my wallet.

i did not open it to pass through the barrier and forgot the 60+ pass was also in there too along with my existing valid card. The matter of it being clearly distinguishable, had i opened my wallet, would have obviously caused me not to selected it and reminded me it was in there.

This was a simple human mistake, it was not and never would i, intentionally look to defraud anyone. My travel history of my existing card proves this, as does no other pattern of use of the 60+ pass.

I relation to your comments regarding professions and potential discriminatory practices, i highly agree. My explanation involving where my life is going was not intended to be viewed as a reason not to punish me.

i except i did wrong, but was merely indicating what allowing this offence to progress to court and what impact a potential criminal record would be, as opposed to an out of court settlement for me. Indeed i have seen like cases on the forums whereby another TfL prosecutor granted OOC sighting it was not a TfL policy to ruin someone's future over a one off sully mistake.

I thank you for taking the time and trouble in replying to me and reading this and again i apologise that my actions ever bought me to this predicament.

Yours sincerely

and they

Revised it...

Dear 

I can appreciate your stance and again reiterate that I am willing to meet all costs to achieve an out of court.

I can also appreciate the company statement of how serious misuse of 60+ passes is, and again do not disagree, however as I have described, I accompanied more than one card within my wallet. I did not open it to check through and forgot the 60+ pass was also in there too along with my existing card.

This was a simple human mistake, it was not and never would I, intentionally look to defraud anyone.

In relation to your comments regarding professions and potential discriminatory practices, I highly agree. My explanation involving where my life is going was not intended to be viewed as a reason not to punish me.

I accept I did wrong, but was merely indicating what allowing this offence to progress to court and what impact a potential criminal record would be, as opposed to an out of court settlement for me. 

Indeed, I have seen like cases on the forums whereby another TfL prosecutor granted an 'out of court', citing it was not a TfL policy to ruin someone's future over a one-off, genuinely silly mistake. My travel history of my existing card proves this, as does no other pattern of use of the 60+ pass.

I thank you for taking the time and trouble in replying to me and reading this and again i apologise that my actions ever bought me to this predicament.

Yours Sincerely,

Edited by justpondering

Accompanied???

Put the top thank you lines back

Dx

and they

Dear 

Thank you replying to my email dated 13 September 2022, the contents of which are duly noted.

I can appreciate your stance and again reiterate that I am willing to meet all costs to achieve an out of court.

I can also appreciate the company statement of how serious misuse of 60+ passes is, and again do not disagree, however as I have described, more than one card was contained within my wallet. I did not open it to check through at the heat of rush hour and forgot that the 60+ pass was also in there too along with my existing card.

This was a simple human mistake, it was not and never would I, intentionally look to defraud anyone.

In relation to your comments regarding professions and potential discriminatory practices, I highly agree. My explanation involving where my life is going was not intended to be viewed as a reason not to punish me.

I accept I did wrong, but was merely indicating what allowing this offence to progress to court and what impact a potential criminal record would be, as opposed to an out of court settlement for me. 

Indeed, I have seen like cases on the forums whereby another TfL prosecutor granted an 'out of court', citing it was not a TfL policy to ruin someone's future over a one-off, genuinely silly mistake. My travel history of my existing card proves this, as does no other pattern of use of the 60+ pass.

I thank you for taking the time and trouble in replying to me and reading this and again I apologise that my actions ever bought me to this predicament.

Yours Sincerely,

Edited by justpondering

settlement .   missing end of para 2

and they