TFL SJPN - accidently tried to use wrong pass

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear 

Thank you replying to my email dated 13 September 2022, the contents of which are duly noted.

I can appreciate your stance and again reiterate that I am willing to meet all costs to achieve an out of court settlement.

I can also appreciate the company statement of how serious misuse of 60+ passes is, and again do not disagree, however as I have described, more than one card was contained within my wallet. I did not open it to check through at the heat of rush hour and forgot that the 60+ pass was also in there too along with my existing card.

This was a simple human mistake, it was not and never would I, intentionally look to defraud anyone.

In relation to your comments regarding professions and potential discriminatory practices, I highly agree. My explanation involving where my life is going was not intended to be viewed as a reason not to punish me.

I accept I did wrong, but was merely indicating what allowing this offence to progress to court and what impact a potential criminal record would be, as opposed to an out of court settlement for me. 

Indeed, I have seen like cases on the forums whereby another TfL prosecutor granted an 'out of court', citing it was not a TfL policy to ruin someone's future over a one-off, genuinely silly mistake. My travel history of my existing card proves this, as does no other pattern of use of the 60+ pass.

I thank you for taking the time and trouble in replying to me and reading this and again I apologise that my actions ever bought me to this predicament.

Yours Sincerely,

Ready?

sent

Hi @dx100uk

This is the response. I will find it hard to meet legal costs 😕

Thank you for your email.  Our position is unchanged from the previous email.  Please respond to the single justice procedure notice that was previously posted out to you.

Regards

Legal costs? 

Full out the sjp as advised then. 

We will write again before your appearance.

Treat the form as if the judge is not aware of previous Comms 

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

plead guilty

state you want to come to court. (your ultimate aim is to show remorse directly to the judge and of course if OOC has not been reached on the day, try a personal approach to the TfL prosecutions team there and then before the hearing , make sure you have payment methods with you..)

use the box at 4.2 to further plea too, regardless, and how a one off mistake would ruin your future etc etc).

use the threads indicated above and others here (use our enhanced google search box ... grovelling letter or what have you) to construct such a letter (and for want of future readers DONT reply as this OP did!!) GROVEL!!! BEG!! etc etc

pop it up here 1st if you wish as TEXT.

you have till the 5oct though i'd get an email in ASAP. it might take a couple...NO do NOT ring but certainly make yourself a PEST!!

its very rare for a one off mistake to result in a criminal record and not achieve an OOC.

How you reply and by what method is upto you. We don't recommend which soap powder to use 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to TFL SJPN - accidently tried to use wrong pass

you received that weeks ago.

we've told you atleast twice how to respond to it

you dont need the extra cost of legal representation - we've answered that before too.

dx

and they

Most people go on their own or maybe take a friend, they don't always say.  When you say reaffirm what you've written, do you mean pleading innocent or guilty to the court?

Have you written pleading letters to TfL as we suggest? There's still time.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

The deadline to submit plea was 5 Oct. I pleaded guilty. 

I have since sent 2 letters after receiving the SJPN. 

These were submitted prior to submitting the SJPN. 

I was told that their position is unchanged and I should respond to the SJPN, which I have done so.

Is there legroom to write another letter? How should I go about it? 

If the dates have materialised, would it help me more or less?

Keep writing. They will be looking for you to show remorse and to be able to see that you've made efforts to make sure this doesn't happen again.

You can also speak to the prosecutor on the day, I think, but I'm not sure because this is SJP and you've pleaded guilty. Hopefully @dx100ukwill know about that.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

an option on the SJP forum asks if you wish to attend on the day to plead in person

as already advised you should tick this option ...no.3. i think.

• Thanks 1

and they