Thames Water / Robinson Way / power2contact debt issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if someone could kindly advise what to do regarding and outstanding debt my brother has with Thames Water.

The gist of it is that he has fallen behind on his payments with Thames Water and now owes about £500.

He advised me that he keeps getting letters from Robinson Way threatening legal action / doorstep collection if amount is not paid. Well he got home from work this morning and there was a card left for him to call someone at power2contact within 24 hours to avoid any further action.

He is worried sick on what to do next and does not want the debt to increase and to be cut-off. He was also considering getting a high interest loan to pay it but I managed to talk him out of it on the understanding that I would seek some advice first what to do.

Any urgent comments would be very much appreciated.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they CANNOT cut of his water - no-one can against human rights act

P2C or robbersway

are simply DCA's

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

if he owes money for within the last 6yrs

then deal DIRECT with thames water.

ignore the DCA's.

if they do turn up

tell them to leave

or you will call the police - end of!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they CANNOT cut of his water - no-one can against human rights act

P2C or robbersway

are simply DCA's

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

if he owes money for within the last 6yrs

then deal DIRECT with thames water.

ignore the DCA's.

if they do turn up

tell them to leave

or you will call the police - end of!!

dx

Many thanks dx for your prompt response and I will let him know asap to put his mind at rest.

The other thing is that his 15 year old daughter / my niece was at home at the time (under instructions not to answer the door) and she said he kept knocking repeatedly and looking through the window in which frightened her.

Should he contact p2c / Robbersway telling them to stop harrassing him or is there a letter he can send rather than calling them ?

The debt is about 3 years old apparently, so he should contact Thames Water and ignore all dealings with DCA ?

Baz

yes deal DIRECT with TW.

is he paying anything off these arrears

or

is he just paying todays usage?

pers as for that DCA

I would be writing a STRONG complaint letter to them.

they have NO RIGHT

to nose around and look through windows

this needs to be reported.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes deal DIRECT with TW.

is he paying anything off these arrears

or

is he just paying todays usage?

pers as for that DCA

I would be writing a STRONG complaint letter to them.

they have NO RIGHT

to nose around and look through windows

this needs to be reported.

dx

Ok cheers again dx and jst spoken to him.

The debt was originally more but he managed to make a one off payment to Robbersway sometime ago, to reduce it to current amount of £500 in which includes todays usage.

Yes and I will mention about the letter as he is now worried about his daughter. Sorry is there a standard complaints template letter I can pass to him ? And should it be sent to both Robbersway / p2c ?

your help is much appreciated as he feels more at ease now knowing what I have told him.

god why did he pay the DCA

never pay a DCA on a util bill.

no there is no template

should goto P2P and a copy to the FCA I think.

dx

and they

god why did he pay the DCA

never pay a DCA on a util bill.

no there is no template

should goto P2P and a copy to the FCA I think.

dx

I don't know dx but I have told him to deal direct with Thames Water from now on. So therefore you are saying that paid amount will not be deducted from arrears / current balance ?

Ok so basically just draw up a letter requesting that all future contact to be through Thames Water, in writing and to stop harrasement and any future door-step visits ?

Sorry for further questions but I just want to be clear on this for him.

Cheers

Baz

let me get someone to pop in

and they

I really do hope the money paid to the DCa did find its way to TW?

and they

let me get someone to pop in

Ok dx much appreciated but as I mentioned earlier I just want to put his mind at rest as he was rather stressed about it.

I just want to help him as much as possible (would love to pay it off for him but cannot at moment) and will do all I can to try and alleviate the situation.

Cheers

I really do hope the money paid to the DCa did find its way to TW?

Well I will be telling him to request a breakdown of arrears and proof of any payments made on the account.

To help him I will probably take ownership on his behalf regarding the letter but just need clarity on what to write but keeping it brief, and if to also copy in Thames Water as they would have instructed the DCA ?

Also regarding Thames Water, should he also be negotiating a repayment plan for the debt or would they threaten further action if full amount not paid would you know ?

brig should pop in soon.

was this debt for unpaid bill of 3yrs ago

or was the debt from an earlier period?

something is not sitting rigt here to me.

you need to findout if TW got that payment.

dx

and they

brig should pop in soon.

was this debt for unpaid bill of 3yrs ago

or was the debt from an earlier period?

something is not sitting rigt here to me.

you need to findout if TW got that payment.

dx

Ok I will do some investigating myself but what I know is that a majority of it is in respect of a disputed unpaid bill about three years ago in which seems to have been passed about to various DCA's including Robbersway and now p2c.

I will ask him to contact Thames Water regarding the last payment and will do all I can to find out further.

Did you say that Robbersway / P2c are one of the same ?

In the meantime I will need to draft up a brief letter to DCA's for him, to stop any further harassement so any guidance would be appreciated.

see the dca section of the library tab top left.

P2C are not partners

just a doorstepper firm.

dx

and they

see the dca section of the library tab top left.

P2C are not partners

just a doorstepper firm.

dx

Many thanks again dx and will have a look.

Ok so do I tell him to write to P2C or Robbersway ?

Ok I will do some investigating myself but what I know is that a majority of it is in respect of a disputed unpaid bill about three years ago in which seems to have been passed about to various DCA's including Robbersway and now p2c.

I will ask him to contact Thames Water regarding the last payment and will do all I can to find out further.

Did you say that Robbersway / P2c are one of the same ?

In the meantime I will need to draft up a brief letter to DCA's for him, to stop any further harassement so any guidance would be appreciated.

Hi Baz,

Looking in as requested by dx.

Ok Baz,

Can you tell me if this alleged debt has been sold on to RW/PTC or are they just acting on behalf of Thames Water.

Was there any outcome from the previous disputed bill?

We can challenge the harassment. Is your niece at home alone often?

I want to target the "responsible" persons Thames if the DCAs are just agents or RW if the debt has been sold.

Please assure your brother that the "threats" made are as dx said meaningless.

I'll draft a formal complaint for you.

I'm going to carefully read through the thread, there are some points that come immediately to notice.

I may need some points answered later please.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Baz,

I'm going to carefully read through the thread, there are some points that come immediately to notice.

Hi Brig,

Many thanks.

I will try and assist the best I can but main priority at moment is to stop any further harassment for him.

Cheers

Baz

Hi Baz,

Ok Baz,

Can you tell me if this alleged debt has been sold on to RW/PTC or are they just acting on behalf of Thames Water.

Was there any outcome from the previous disputed bill?

We can challenge the harassment. Is your niece at home alone often?

I want to target the "responsible" persons Thames if the DCAs are just agents or RW if the debt has been sold.

Please assure your brother that the "threats" made are as dx said meaningless.

I'll draft a formal complaint for you.

Hi Brig,

I believe that RW/PTC are just acting on behalf of Thames Water.

I will enquire further about the disputed bill or try and elaborate what the arrears are in relation to and I will revert.

Yes she is, especially at the moment as school holidays.

I will pass on comments to him regarding threats.

Many thanks and very much appreciated.

Ok I'll wait for the detail on the arrears / dispute.

This I think need s to go to the Top of TW.

So we will Target Mr Martin Baggs (of money I understand)

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Oh and I forgot to add that p2c just left him a calling card to contact them within 24 hours to avoid any further action. I told him to ignore it, was that correct ?

Yes, tell your brother if they do actually get to see him, to state that he will deal with the matter in writing only, and that the "representative " must leave immediately or police assistance will be sought.

Yes, tell your brother if they do actually get to see him, to state that he will deal with the matter in writing only, and that the "representative " must leave immediately or police assistance will be sought.

Hi Brig,

Right I have spoken to him further about details.

It transpires that there was no dispute but he had fallen on hard times financially and is now trying to sort himself out gradually.

The debt is outstanding from September 2013 (just checked his bills from Thames Water that hadn't been opened) totalling £686.36 to date. Then he recently started getting threatening letters from Robbersway in which he made an online payment last month of £86.36 to them. There is no details of the debt being passed over as far as he can see.

This now leaves an outstanding amount of £600 to pay in which tallies with power2contact amount mentioned on the calling card left today.

Just to let you know that he cannot afford to pay the amount in one payment at the moment.

I hope this now clarifies further and await any advice what action needs to be taken now thanks.

Hi Brig,

It transpires that there was no dispute but he had fallen on hard times financially and is now trying to sort himself out gradually.

The debt is outstanding from September 2013 (just checked his bills from Thames Water that hadn't been opened) totalling £686.36 to date. Then he recently started getting threatening letters from Robbersway in which he made an online payment last month of £86.36 to them. There is no details of the debt being passed over as far as he can see.

This now leaves an outstanding amount of £600 to pay in which tallies with power2contact amount mentioned on the calling card left today.

Just to let you know that he cannot afford to pay the amount in one payment at the moment.

I hope this now clarifies further and await any advice what action needs to be taken now thanks.[/quote

Ok,

I think we approach this on the basis of the conduct of RW/PTC in the way that the debt has been pursued are there any letters from RW making threats of court action etc. that could be posted here after all personal identifiers have been removed?

Hi Brig,

I hope this now clarifies further and await any advice what action needs to be taken now thanks.[/quote

Ok,

I think we approach this on the basis of the conduct of RW/PTC in the way that the debt has been pursued are there any letters from RW making threats of court action etc. that could be posted here after all personal identifiers have been removed?

Give me 5 minutes as I do have something from June that I will post up and will try and get anything else from him.