Thames Water / Robinson Way / power2contact debt issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Qualify the following please Baz (if poss)

Do you consider he is a vulnerable person?

Do you consider he is capable of managing his financial affairs without 3rd party assistance?

Do you consider the DCA/P2C have acted improperly/ have harassed.?

Do the DCAs know the full story and have ignored any appeals for help.?

Would say he is rather stressed with worry at moment and has a family to think about and not just himself.

I would say yes as I could possibly assist with the help of the forum for any info required. I have already started drawing up a debt management plan for him.

On what I have seen just the usual threats / letters but did not take kindly to doorstep visit uninvited - so yes to that one.

They probably don't know the full picture but may need some further explaining now.

I hope this helps Brig and I have answered honestly how I see it as he is my brother and know him too well.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers caro and comments noted.

As a matter of interest approx how much is your annual bill ?

Roughly £300 a year so £25 a month. I've had a meter for about 6 years I think and before that was paying somewhere near £40 a month, which would undoubtedly have gone up by now. Have washing machine, dishwasher, wash cars (occasionally), water garden etc. We tend to shower so bath rarely gets used which may help. The only thing we're slightly careful about is not leaving taps running, for example when cleaning teeth, and dishwasher is only put on when full. Otherwise we use as normal although I do keep meaning to get a water butt to save even more. :)

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Roughly £300 a year so £25 a month. I've had a meter for about 6 years I think and before that was paying somewhere near £40 a month, which would undoubtedly have gone up by now. Have washing machine, dishwasher, wash cars (occasionally), water garden etc. We tend to shower so bath rarely gets used which may help. The only thing we're slightly careful about is not leaving taps running, for example when cleaning teeth, and dishwasher is only put on when full. Otherwise we use as normal although I do keep meaning to get a water butt to save even more. :)

Cheers again Caro and I will mention this to him.

Much appreciated

g/l

:wink:

Pleasure. If he can get his bill down to that sort of level then a bit more will be available for arrears. :-D

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Pleasure. If he can get his bill down to that sort of level then a bit more will be available for arrears. :-D

Lets hope so caro. I am sure he will do anything at the moment to alleviate the situation.

Cheers & g/l

Cheers Brig that's great and he will be happy to go with that.

Sorry for delay in any responses but I have various other ppi etc issues on the go and a bit like buses at the moment, nothing for months then all at once lol ! And now this but I am determined to help my brother out as its just not him but also his family to consider.

I will be around till late tonight so please bear with me thanks and really appreciate yours and everyones help.

I too will need time to go through the thread to tidy an collate all the information.

1. Complaint re TWs agents:

2. A reasonable affordable offer of payment direct to TW.

I have a function to attend this evening, so will get back tomorrow.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I too will need time to go through the thread to tidy an collate all the information.

1. Complaint re TWs agents:

2. A reasonable affordable offer of payment direct to TW.

I have a function to attend this evening, so will get back tomorrow.

No worries Brig and I appreciate your time.

Enjoy :wink:

Just to up-date you Brig, my brother has today received a letter from Robbersway advising that they are no longer dealing with the account and has been returned to TW ? Also they confirm that recent payment made has been forwarded to TW.

No acknowledgement to harassment letter but will I now need to get something off to TW for him and will I need to also contact p2c ?

Cheers Baz

Just to up-date you Brig, my brother has today received a letter from Robbersway advising that they are no longer dealing with the account and has been returned to TW ? Also they confirm that recent payment made has been forwarded to TW.

No acknowledgement to harassment letter but will I now need to get something off to TW for him and will I need to also contact p2c ?

Hi Baz,

I think you can ignore P2C .

Let TW do the contacting I think would be best.

Brig

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi Baz,

I think you can ignore P2C .

Let TW do the contacting I think would be best.

Brig

OK so tell him to sit tight and see what TW send ?

Cheers

Baz

OK so tell him to sit tight and see what TW send ?

Cheers

Baz

Yep! My guess is RW don't want anything to do with a vulnerable person, too much hassle and likelihood of complaints being escalated.

Yep! My guess is RW don't want anything to do with a vulnerable person, too much hassle and likelihood of complaints being escalated.

So it probably done the trick for now then ! Absolutely detest these people and if it wasn't for people like you and the forum my brother and I would have been none the wiser as how to handle this lot, so thank-you again.

I will keep you posted Brig on any further developments if you don't mind but speaking to my brother earlier he was most grateful for everyone's input and advice.

Cheers and have a nice weekend.

Baz

So it probably done the trick for now then ! Absolutely detest these people and if it wasn't for people like you and the forum my brother and I would have been none the wiser as how to handle this lot, so thank-you again.

I will keep you posted Brig on any further developments if you don't mind but speaking to my brother earlier he was most grateful for everyone's input and advice.

Cheers and have a nice weekend.

Baz

Thanks Baz, best wishes to you and your brother!!

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just to up-date forum and after some wonderful advice my brother received another letter from Robbersway confirming that the debt has now been passed back to Thames Water including the payment he previously made.

Today (and funny enough I was visiting him) a Thames Water rep knocked at his door to discuss the outstanding debt and agreed there and then to a repayment plan of £30 per month until the debt is cleared.

He is so relieved and he couldn't thank me enough but did say to him it was no thanks to you lot on this site !

Thank-you all :smile:

Just to up-date forum and after some wonderful advice my brother received another letter from Robbersway confirming that the debt has now been passed back to Thames Water including the payment he previously made.

Today (and funny enough I was visiting him) a Thames Water rep knocked at his door to discuss the outstanding debt and agreed there and then to a repayment plan of £30 per month until the debt is cleared.

He is so relieved and he couldn't thank me enough but did say to him it was no thanks to you lot on this site !

Thank-you all :smile:

Excellent.I'm glad it's worked for him!

Brig.

• 5 months later...

After sorting my brothers water issues out a while back with help from fellow CAG's

my OH has fallen behind with a couple of statement payments totalling approx £600.

Now received latest billing for approx £260.

To cut a long story short doorstep collection bloke turns up unexpected and OH assumes it is someone from TW

and agrees there and then a repayment plan for £30 per month.

Unbeknown to me (until my now involvement) she received acknowledgement of plan from a company called Credit Solutions.

She made 4 payments totalling £120 but the amount outstanding had not reduced by that amount so she sent a letter to CSL.

No forthcoming reply so she stopped payments and also contacted TW asking for confirmation.

She received a letter from TW not clarifying receipt of payments made to CSL from the debt outstanding amount

but only mentioned to deal direct with them they would accept £65 per month to clear arrears and current bill ?

Then she received an instalment plan reminder from CSL

now today an Account on Hold letter (30 days) from them advising something about an I & E details submitted (total cr*p)

with negative disposable income and perhaps instalments need to be assessed ???

My question is do I get her to submit an account in dispute letter to CSL ?

Whatabout the £140 that she has already paid ?

Or what other immediate action shall I get her to take to avoid any court proceedings whilst she attempts to settle the account ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank-you

how did she pay CSL?

tell you wife

NEVER VER VER pay a doorsteppe on ANY DEBTS WHATSOEVER

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

how did she pay CSL?

tell you wife

NEVER VER VER pay a doorsteppe on ANY DEBTS WHATSOEVER

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

dx

dx

Cheers dx

She was caught unawares and assumed it was TW.

She paid online.

Ok so what should she do now ?

deal only with TW

are you saying they've not received the CSL payments

not surprising for a doorstepper

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

deal only with TW

are you saying they've not received the CSL payments

not surprising for a doorstepper

dx

Ok dx will tell her to deal with TW only.

Do I need her to send a letter to CSL stating this or just tell her to ignore their correspondences and stop her paying the repayment plan ?

Well I just checked TW latest statement details and believe I have located amounts that have been applied to the debt. I will ask her to have this confirmed when she contacts TW.

Cheers

simple stop all comms with csl

dx

and they