Thames Water / Robinson Way / power2contact debt issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

you've removed the dates

when was that TW letter please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Brig had to pop out.

Here you go and if I get anything else I will advise asap.

Thanks Baz,

So RW are acting on behalf of TW so neither they or Drydens can initiate court proceedings, the case would have to be handed back to TW.

Fredrickson do tend to give up fairly quickly when they don't get an immediate response.

I am presuming that the " Statement of Intent" is intended as a " Letter Before Action" which has been used to intimidate and not followed through as it should be.

I'll go through all of the thread when I get home later today and will post up then.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Also please see attached - Looks like another Debt collector has been involved. He was getting regular phone calls aswell, nearly everyday threatening doorstep visits, court action etc

Can someone kindly advise are all utilities priority debts ?

Thanks for your time.

Yes Utilities are the services we all rely on for a normal life.

With water bills the situation changed some time ago, the water companies cannot disconnect a supply now.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks Baz,

So RW are acting on behalf of TW so neither they or Drydens can initiate court proceedings, the case would have to be handed back to TW.

Fredrickson do tend to give up fairly quickly when they don't get an immediate response.

I am presuming that the " Statement of Intent" is intended as a " Letter Before Action" which has been used to intimidate and not followed through as it should be.

I'll go through all of the thread when I get home later today and will post up then.

Many thanks Brig much appreciated.

Just to let you know that I got a harassment letter sent off yesterday to Robbersway for him.

Let me know if there is anything else I should be doing for him as he was a bit stressed out last night. Apparently he paid TW the letter of intent amount in July 2013. The current arrears is in respect of period November 2013 to May 2014.

Yes Utilities are the services we all rely on for a normal life.

With water bills the situation changed some time ago, the water companies cannot disconnect a supply now.

So regarding TW can they proceed with court action if arrears not paid immediately ?

Also regarding Gas / Electric - they can cut you off if need be ?

Sorry for all the questions but I am just looking at the broader situation regarding his finances.

Thanks

one wonders then why they have not gone for a CCJ in more than a year then?

I smell a rat here.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

one wonders then why they have not gone for a CCJ in more than a year then?

I smell a rat here.

dx

Well dx i am trying to get more details from him but as I mentioned earlier the current arrears seem to be in respect of the last two half-yearly statements plus anything else outstanding. I am trying to obtain anything else re TW from him in order to clarify figures.

He did not have any further visits yesterday. I am just a bit concerned for him at moment and if there is to be any court action. I believe he is trying to sort some funds out to try and reduce the debt but says he cannot afford full amount at moment.

TW go for CCJ's very quickly

if they haven't in more than a year now

but decided to farm it out

then as I've said

theres something smelly going on.

just remember also

the 'debt' will be a sep account number I suspect

from 'this years bill'

so he might have several accounts.

think its gotta be an sar time to TW.

get all the info

just remember

OLD water bills can be treated JUST LIKE A CREDIT CARD DEBT

they are NOT A PRIORITY UTIL CO.

like gas/electric.

he can negotiate a SMALL payment per month

bearing in mind this years bill too!

that MUST be paid and take priority.

dx

and they

then as I've said

just remember also

from 'this years bill'

get all the info

just remember

like gas/electric.

dx

Cheers again dx and I will tell him to get one sent to TW for clarity.

And yes I was thinking about that funny enough regarding the next / latest billing due.

Therefore will the submit a separate billing then do you think or will it be incorporated with arrears ? So I will tell him to hang-fire with any further payments re old debt and to address the latest one and pay direct to TW ?

Cheers

then as I've said

just remember also

from 'this years bill'

get all the info

just remember

like gas/electric.

dx

I agree, please let me know what you would like me to do.

BTW water supplies cannot be terminated.

they cant merge the arrears with this year bill.

I would get this sorted out

make SURe he is paying THIS year off NOW

else what they could well do

is go for a CCJ on THIS year

and lump the rest in

which, in my mind is not all correct.

he is quite within his rights to pay this year

is 12 monthly payments

[or equal payments till march on this year outstanding balance

SO IT IS PAID BY MARCH END 2015.

that way they cant get him in court for it

but he MUST BE SURE

that any payment he makes goes off THIS YEAR ONLY.

THEN setup some kind of small payment

for the 'arrears' of passed years.

they should be TWO SEP arrangements.

in my mind, yes he 'has' arrears

and 'yesy' he should make 'some kind' of payment

to show good will.

that will get the ball rolling

then investigations can begin.

I think it might be prudent to findout what is owed for this year

and what is arrears for old bills.

then we can write them a letter. [TW]

and they

they cant merge the arrears with this year bill.

I would get this sorted out

make SURe he is paying THIS year off NOW

else what they could well do

is go for a CCJ on THIS year

and lump the rest in

which, in my mind is not all correct.

he is quite within his rights to pay this year

is 12 monthly payments

[or equal payments till march on this year outstanding balance

SO IT IS PAID BY MARCH END 2015.

that way they cant get him in court for it

but he MUST BE SURE

that any payment he makes goes off THIS YEAR ONLY.

THEN setup some kind of small payment

for the 'arrears' of passed years.

they should be TWO SEP arrangements.

in my mind, yes he 'has' arrears

and 'yesy' he should make 'some kind' of payment

to show good will.

that will get the ball rolling

then investigations can begin.

I think it might be prudent to findout what is owed for this year

and what is arrears for old bills.

then we can write them a letter. [TW]

I agree totally!!

Thank-you so much both of you.

Please give me until tonight to collate all the information I can from him in order to go forward.

In the meantime he told me earlier on phone (sorry if any earlier conflicting dates / amounts previously mentioned but all rather stressed at moment) that he has a statement for period for 23 Sept 2013 to 24 March 2014 with figures as follows :-

Amount due last bill (dated 24 September 2013) £579.22

Total new charges for this period £207.14

Total amount due £786.36

Less amount prev paid £86.36

Total outstanding £700.00

Is this enough to be progressing with dx Brig ? So he is to pay the £207.14 now or if possible over 12 monthly payments ?

And therefore the next half-yearly statement will be due at end of September 2014.

Cheers

Baz

Thank-you so much both of you.

Please give me until tonight to collate all the information I can from him in order to go forward.

In the meantime he told me earlier on phone (sorry if any earlier conflicting dates / amounts previously mentioned but all rather stressed at moment) that he has a statement for period for 23 Sept 2013 to 24 March 2014 with figures as follows :-

Amount due last bill (dated 24 September 2013) £579.22

Total new charges for this period £207.14

Total amount due £786.36

Less amount prev paid £86.36

Total outstanding £700.00

Is this enough to be progressing with dx Brig ? So he is to pay the £207.14 now or if possible over 12 monthly payments ?

And therefore the next half-yearly statement will be due at end of September 2014

Cheers

Baz

Are we to proceed on the "harassment" by the DCAs concerned (as agents of TW) and then attempt to negotiate a "payment deal" for arrears and future payments.

I helped some one last year in a similar problem with a different water company, and we worked out that on a metered supply for a family of 6 £50 pcm would cover arrears and current usage, e-mailed the CEO with the offer and had acceptance in 24 hours.

So if you can arrive at a "ball park figure" I'm sure we can put something together.

The offer must not be more than can be reasonably afforded or so low it takes the pee, a personal I&E to see what disposable income is available an use a proportion of that figure, do not compromise payments to priority debts.

I know this won't help in the short term, and I don't know how long the debts cover but it seems to me that his water bills seem on the high side. If he hasn't got one already I'd suggest that he seriously considers getting a water meter installed. I found that even with a family of 4 in a 3 bedroomed house installing a meter made a big difference to my bills. Worth considering.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Are we to proceed on the "harassment" by the DCAs concerned (as agents of TW) and then attempt to negotiate a "payment deal" for arrears and future payments.

I helped some one last year in a similar problem with a different water company, and we worked out that on a metered supply for a family of 6 £50 pcm would cover arrears and current usage, e-mailed the CEO with the offer and had acceptance in 24 hours.

So if you can arrive at a "ball park figure" I'm sure we can put something together.

The offer must not be more than can be reasonably afforded or so low it takes the pee, a personal I&E to see what disposable income is available an use a proportion of that figure, do not compromise payments to priority debts.

Thanks Brig and as previously advised I sent a harassment letter already for him to RW. Please could you kindly assist for anyone else thanks.

Regarding what he can afford and based on the figures above can we draft up a letter leaving the amounts blank, as I would like to get something of as soon as possible thank-you. I'm sure he said that his average half-yearly bill is around £200 (£400 a year).

I will need to speak to him later regarding his I&E but would appreciate getting the ball rolling now.

And so much appreciated for your time.

Baz

I know this won't help in the short term, and I don't know how long the debts cover but it seems to me that his water bills seem on the high side. If he hasn't got one already I'd suggest that he seriously considers getting a water meter installed. I found that even with a family of 4 in a 3 bedroomed house installing a meter made a big difference to my bills. Worth considering.

I agree we had a family of 6 at home, on an unmetered supply which was high but manageable, now down to two in a very big house on a metered supply bills have dropped 75%.

Thanks Brig and as previously advised I sent a harassment letter already for him to RW. Please could you kindly assist for anyone else thanks.

Regarding what he can afford and based on the figures above can we draft up a letter leaving the amounts blank, as I would like to get something of as soon as possible thank-you.

I will need to speak to him later regarding his I&E but would appreciate getting the ball rolling now.

And so much appreciated for your time.

Baz

Purely on the DCA line Baz?

Purely on the DCA line Baz?

Well did not know what to do for the best so sent a letter to RW first and mentioning the latest amount paid of approx £86. I also requested confirmation that it will be deducted from amount owing and breakdown of arrears.

Do you think one should go off to p2c as well Brig ?

Cheers caro and comments noted.

As a matter of interest approx how much is your annual bill ?

Sorry just quickly phoned him and he reckons he could manage around £40 - £45 pcm.

Cheers

Baz

OK Baz allowing for "optimism" I would suggest that £35.00 pcm. paid by standing order on a date when he knows funds will definitely be available is a reasonable offer, we don't want payments failing giving TW further ammo.

Well did not know what to do for the best so sent a letter to RW first and mentioning the latest amount paid of approx £86. I also requested confirmation that it will be deducted from amount owing and breakdown of arrears.

Do you think one should go off to p2c as well Brig ?

Qualify the following please Baz (if poss)

Do you consider he is a vulnerable person?

Do you consider he is capable of managing his financial affairs without 3rd party assistance?

Do you consider the DCA/P2C have acted improperly/ have harassed.?

Do the DCAs know the full story and have ignored any appeals for help.?

OK Baz allowing for "optimism" I would suggest that £35.00 pcm. paid by standing order on a date when he knows funds will definitely be available is a reasonable offer, we don't want payments failing giving TW further ammo.

Cheers Brig that's great and he will be happy to go with that.

Sorry for delay in any responses but I have various other ppi etc issues on the go and a bit like buses at the moment, nothing for months then all at once lol ! And now this but I am determined to help my brother out as its just not him but also his family to consider.

I will be around till late tonight so please bear with me thanks and really appreciate yours and everyones help.