why do householders pay a standing charge?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As householders do we rent the meters and pay a standing charge because of this.I just don't know however If the gas and electric companies are placing their equipment ie meters on your property why can't we as householders charge them a rental fee for said meters,that is my question ❓

• dx100uk changed the title to why do householders pay a standing charge?

nope nothing to do with rent.

its  the standing charge for the installation that already existed/exists 

why not use a search engine......

WWW.BING.COM

Intelligent search from Bing makes it easier to quickly find what you’re looking for and rewards you.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok fair enough, but the meters is on or inside your property, it's not your meter,

why can't the householder charge the suppliers a fee as it's the suppliers goods on the householders property.

Its like me placing an item into your house and then charging you for the priveledge of me having my goods in your house,

I,m sorry I,m struggling to have get my head around this.

Bts line rental is a good analogy but they don't place an unsightly item in your house ,and then expect you to provide them monthly readings

,I feel if enough people got together we could place a charge on these supply firms, after all they are making BILLIONS

:crazy:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Go back a few years ago and there were some companies that did not have a standing charge. They just charged a little bit more as a standard rate for usage. And for low energy users, it worked out cheaper. But the companies that offered no standing charge went out of business, when market energy costs increased.

I don't like standard charges either, but for most of the supply contracts available, they are part of the deal and have been for a very long time.

Hopefully technology will come to the rescue  where most energy needs can be met locally and there is less need for the big 6 energy companies.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The only rent they pay me is for the power poles on my land.

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office

Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client

Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's

Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07

The reason they can put their meter in your property without paying you is that the gas and electricity companies have statutory legal powers to do so. You can't demand a fee for having it there nor refuse to let them put the meters there. (Well you can, but only if you don't want any electricity or gas in your house!).

Basically the government and parliament decided long ago that is how the national elctricity and gas distribution network will operate

Really what we need to do ,is get enough public support to form a white paper ,depart it in the house of lords, then pass it to parliament and then change these outdated statute laws,,,simple really not..

but I for one have had enough of these so called Suppliers who aren't short of a bob or two ,ripping off us consumers to give us a terrible service, and then to cap it all place their unreliable meters in our properties and we the consumers have to pay them for this privilege also are STILL expected to provide them with monthly meter reading in our own time at our expense.

THIS IS NOT RIGHT,

NOT FAIR,AND US AS CONSUMERS NEED TO CHANGE IT,

AND NOT LIE DOWN AND ROLL OVER,

OR BE ALLOWED TO BE TREATED LIKE MUSHROOMS.LETS GET A WHITE PAPER TOGETHER AND MAKE THESE SUPPLIERS PAY US FOR HAVING THEIR EQUIPMENT ON WHAT IS OUR PROPERTY..

Well we do have some unrealistic replies,

Sims in mobile phones,,,laughable really is, however I will struggle on..

you lot can just roll over and be happy ..me I,m for adjusting the system cause it's not right,,

may have been way back when but not now, especially as we are all going to be more and more reliant on ELECTRICITY in the future. But he ho, I will keep battling against an old system designed to keep the middle and upper classes rich and ordinary working class people struggling and in debt .

after all it what makes great Britain great  not the upper classes or middle classes but the great working classes.so thanks for your comments, but no thanks, you can just roll over, be fed like mushroom and live a quiet life,...

sorry not for me...thanks once again good luck to England in the rugby world cup

:crazy:

dont tell me you've got a tinfoil hat for 5G....and trump won too....and covid was fake....

dx

and they

:yo:

and they

Off grid living has to be the way forward?

Small cabin somewhere with own well for water, solar panels for electric, wood burning stove for heating/cooking.

Perhaps this site needs an off grid forum? Problem with this idea, is that they might not have Internet access. :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

13 hours ago, DaveDuffy121 said:

You carry on mate,that attitude will get you were you want to go after all everyone got an opinion 😭

I love the exchange of onions, oops sorry... opinions 😭. Hey look... the onions made me cry.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Well if someone wants to live off grid  in a van, or narrowboat  or go camping outward bound one of these would be useful.  Come to think of it given some of the water today, might be useful anyway.

ICONLIFESAVER.COM

LifeSaver water purification products turn dirty water into clean safe drinking water. Perfect for everything from hiking to emergency preparedness.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!