Which supplier does traditional qtr bills paid by subscriber?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Currently with EDF - a terribly inefficient company with awful Customer services.

I'd like to change but I do not want to pay for fuel I haven't used so I do what I've always done my entire life which is put fuel bill money aside every month and pay it when the meter is read and the bill comes in.

These days I have a smart meter so no one calls, EDF send me a reading (which I check) and I pay them on a quarterly basis.

I am fed up with EDF as they have messed up several bills in the last 12 months and even when they credited a payment for the inconvenience they then debited it the next month and demanded I pay £25 immediately of lose the service.

This month they sent me a letter telling me I signed up over the phone for a new tariff, I haven't spoken to them for at least 2 months!

I have tried talking to other supplier but unless you want to pay monthly by their estimated amounts and end up in credit for fuel you haven't used, they are not interested in my custom.

Surely there's a supplier out there who just supplies the fuel and bills you for what you've used?

Don't know the answer to your specific question but last time I looked at alternative suppliers (before the fuel crisis) even the suppliers who would let you do that charged you more for your gas/electricity than if you did DD. It was a condition of all their most competitive tariffs that you paid by monthly DD.

• Like 1

Surely there's a supplier out there who just supplies the fuel and bills you for what you've used?

That would be far too simple and unprofitable. So I'm afraid not the big boys got rid of the smaller independent suppliers (competition) in this supposed fuel crises supposedly blamed on Ukraine although the price increase's were flagged 12 months before Russia set foot in Ukraine. :!: No one has ever explained why the extortionate increases in layman terms but it seems coincidental to Teresa Mays price cap of 2017 predicted to last until 2023.  The cartel now run the show you either pay or go without using their preferred payment method and predicted usage irrespective of your bank balance, they just take it...via Direct Debit.

Oh and if your in a positive credit you try getting it back :becky:

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread