Standard life , health insurance, whats the point!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mum and dad are in their 70's and have had standard life healthcare for donkeys and every year their premiums keep going up. My dad had a heart attack recently and now their premium has been advised that it will go up from £440 to £680 a month. yep a month!

They have a small place in Florida that they travel to for 3 months of the year to get away from the UK winter weather and becuase this premium has gone up so much they are now thinking they will have to sell as they cannot afford to renew their health insurance (which also gives them travel cover)

What is the point in having the health insurance as basically they obviously dont want mum and dad as customers, As I guess they are high risk at their age so they put their premiums up to much to try and get rid of them, they are long standing customers of standard life and not really made any claims in their time with them.

Is this legal what standard life are doing??

Hello there.

Could you quote the reasons in Standard Life's letter please and tell us what the name of the Standard Life product is, please?

I believe some health cover policies can vary the premium, it my depend on which type they have. But if you can tell us more, we have a better chance of advising you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum