Dubai credit companies chasing debt by emailing and calling my UK workplace

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

2 car loans and 2 credit cards

Unfortunately, I got into a pickle in UAE had a job on commission only and wasn't paid, and had to juggle jobs paying back what I can, I paid back more than my debt but the people in the banks were moving my money around, and distributing it a way where my balance increased and not reduced, 

after paying off so much I asked to have a statement or receipt of what I was paying, they didn't provide anything, stop and started with chasing, I just asked for receipts,  Separate bank I then agreed on a payment term on a car loan, but two days before it was due they put a police case and tried to seize my car, but had kids in the car, the police advised drive the car home and leave it on your driveway

To top it off, I got into a fracas couple of years later and although I was told there was no charge, suddenly I was detained for 4 months and deported for assaulting a police officer - which didn't happen. 

Whilst I was in jail being deported, my mother died, couldn't attend her funeral, the company I was working with held my salary and commission, had no money for a lawyer, had no legal translation, and was subsequently charged.

It seemed they were blackmailing me for 50k because a lawyer would have got me released, as the evidence was so flimsy - whilst on bail a prosecutor re-heard my case on request from the embassy, he agreed that my deport should be removed and promised to remove it, but that did not happen and had to surrender myself to get back home

With that my wife and kids had to leave as well - before that time, my wife was scammed through her ID for something she tried to buy 3 years ago, although it was reported to the police she and my kids were held up in Dubai for 19 days with two young kids before she got the police cases removed and then allowed to fly home. She wasn't detained but the hotel costs and flights then getting home and trying to get a new life again, all our savings have gone. 

My wife had a personal loan and credit card, they kept her end of service, but now they are chasing her , and they even chased me for my wife's debt by calling my workplace 27 times and they called my company owner.

My wife has tried dealing via IVA but they refused the amounts - 

From my side, I am now getting WhatsApp messages and an email sent to my company.

Because my job is estate agent my name is on property adverts, subsequently they got emails and numbers which were not provided to them.

Literally am trying to rebuild my life again and cannot afford to pay back and cannot be having them to be calling my workplace

- how do I respond ?

where do I start,

ignoring on my email is fine but not at my workplace.

Thank you 

that is all they can do is harass and embarrass.

but ofcourse it NOT the original companies...its scamming Debt Collectors....who are?

just tell your boss or WHY its a UAE scammer.

let em get on with it.

as for doing a uk IVA etc etc DON'T....its a foreign debt...out of UK jurisdiction.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for this, its a real great help to get this advice, very grateful.

They are relentlessly sending more threats to inform my company, the 27 calls were in the space of 30-40 minutes, had 30 whatsapps in two days including 6am on a saturday!

Should I at least reply to the WhatsApp and say, I will only deal with the bank?

Thank you

No you must totally ignore them.

Would be a big mistake to make contact with debt collection company, as they will think they have worn you down into submission.

They will give up, if you stay silent.

Write directly to Banks with your address details and ask about their complaints process. That way you have proof of having contacted Banks and if they fail to reply, then that may be helpful to you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

bank and DCA names chasing please?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Today they sent another email today to my manager, I told him it was a scam but they have included some personal details in the email. it goes to "info" whereby multiple colleagues can see it, the second one the have sent to my boss personal email..

in the whatsapp - he says he will keep sending to my company - and on social media to all employees of the company 

I have blocked them from my side and was thinking to report to the Dubai police for harassment.

Myself

Nbad bank and DCA lootah chasing (Car)
Dubai Islamic - IDRW - (CAR) - they found my address, letters I get in the post I have binned 

I was deported and cars were left on the driveway, my wife didn't know what to do with them 

My wife

NBAD bank & Taswheel chasing (Loan & Card)
Citibank - Card

Again, not getting paid, the deportation and a scam that we had, sucked our money, we just getting sorted now but its month to month 

I feel next step is to report harassment and write to each bank via PO to give our address 

Thanks for your time

wont do any good.

best thing is to simply ride it out. they'll soon move on to another mug and try them.

this is why we tell everyone to kill all social media links ASAP when they flee QAE etc.

and they

Thank you - I will have a private word with my boss, he is supportive.

I did pay a huge chunk but the bank had behind the scenes merged my car loan and CC to create a higher amount, - so the repayments were ineffective - and with my wife, I gave my inheritance from my mum's death, for her CC to be cleared - but then she was held in Dubai with the scam and had to use the CC again - 

because i was unsuccessful appeal deport - i thought to get my wife cleared.

With the loan they kept her end of service - but there was still some leftover.

Hi 

Is there a template for a letter to send to the UAE bank via PO? i.e what should the letter contain? just my new address and reference number.

My wife was already engaged with the collection agencies, so I have tried to wind it back. Informed them to cease all contact immediately and will only speak with the bank directly.

Then sent an email to the bank of someone who was chasing previously asking for the contract.

I will now subsequently send them a letter in the post.

From my side, I blocked Whatsapp and email, they are purposely threatening me on WhatsApp saying they will go through the social media of my colleagues. 

They got my details from a property that we are advertising and since went on linked in to get my colleague's details. I haven't replied but feel maybe I should, but first and foremost I want to get the letter sent to the bank to inform them of my address.

Thanks for the support 

20 minutes ago, ledcar said:

what should the letter contain? just my new address and reference number.

thats it just that simply.

dx

and they