Slimtone Plus & Body Cleanse

jb100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaagh. I've just ordered today too. Feel so stupid. Having read all the above posts I've spoken with my bank and they have cancelled my card. They say that Slimtone could still take the money though so have advised that I enter into correspondence with them immediately and makes copies of everything I send and make notes of every phone call. If after 15 days money has been taken from my account my bank can then look into it. Will try to get hold of Slimtone now to cancel order.

I have contacted BBC watchdog about this but everyone else dose the more complaints they get more chance they will investigate so all go to bbc.co.uk/watchdog and fill in the form to contact them about this con trading standards website will redirect you to the police fraud website where you can report this company and it's fraud and get a crime number now slimtone plus is banned in the USA there website is illegal so why not here in the UK

By the way this company used to be based in the UK but moved to Ireland to avoid trading standard or getting caught / prosocuted

And when I signed up I could see no terms and conditions link anywhere on the page phones up to cancel and got a automated system where you choose options and it said my account was closed but that was an automated system did not speak to anyone got an e-mail saying my account was closed but IS IT will have to wait and see as they took 2 payments of £75 in one month from my account

Hi peeps, good news. I returned my products and I've had confirmation from them this morning that they've cancelled my auto contract. I just need to keep an eye on my card now and make sure they don't charge it. I found them on an advert on Facebook but I don't know how to block or report it. Spread the word & good luck.

Yeh on the top of there Facebook page when your loged in and on the slimtone page where you see the like and message buttons click on the cog button which brings up a menu then click report page 5th option down then follow instructions I reported them you you all need to to

So ive just been given an RMA no. and it has been 4 days since my original order. They offered for my contract to be terminated immidiately if i paid £35 something... and was very temped just to get the whole thing over and done with but instead opted to return everything recorded delivery and will send it back tomorrow. They have also said I have untill the 21/10 to send it back before they charge. This will be interesting.

What a palava and I hope nothing like this happens again to anyone!

Has anyone been charged since sending products back?

hi, i have just falling for this. i have phoned and cancelled the order by pressing one and have got the parcel ready for sending back, can someone confirm the address? then i read this and im really worryed now, i phoned the company back but it was my partners credit card on the account so they wont let me say anything. i have until the 12th of october before my 14 day trial is over will i still get charged if i send it back in time?

well just sent it back recored delivery

I put every single detail I could find in a cover note and made sure that it was clear that they are to take no money money out of my account.

Will be keeping an eye out!

I too have fallen for this and kicking myself now. I signed up to the free trial on Saturday 29 Sept and the £2.49 x 2 payments were taken on Monday 01 Oct. I Received them yesterday (02 Oct) and immediately did a bit of Google-ing as the product didn't look too safe to me.

On finding the threads and hundreds of posts on various websites and forums, I tried to contact Slimtone. This was after 5pm and I was unsuccessful. I have since then them 4 emails to various email accounts and automatic acknowledgements received each time. I've cancelled the card that I paid for the not-so-free trial with on the advice of my bank. They cannot block payments but say there are none due to leave my account yet to Slimtone. I thought I'd cancel the card just incase. The bank agreed that it was an unauthorised payment but not fraudulent as I had provided them with my card details. I somewhat agree with this but still feel the terms and conditions should have been sent to me via email at the time of me confirming the free trial.

I'm now concerned that I won't receive my returns number in time to return the product before the 14 days is up. Presumably, they take into account their published 72 hour delay in responding to emails and allow a grace period since they have failed to provide the required information (well, I would hope they do). Out of interest, has anyone cancelled/blocked payment or payment card and not returned the product? I'd be interested to see what their action would be then.

If I can't get a returns number from this cowboy company, should I return the product regardless with my name and date of original order?

I am appalled that their website hasn't been shutdown yet. Looking back on the forums, this has been in operation for a number of months :-x

Wow, this thread had me worried! I received my trial pack today and did an online search for more info (yes, I know I should have done this before!). That brought me to this thread and brought home to me that £75 per month is on the expensive side for these capsules. So no point in delaying, I decided to cancel now and rang the UK number. After a recorded message with American accent the call was answered by a representative who was clearly in UK. I said I wanted to cancel the monthly arrangement. No problem. No questions asked. She told me the options: 1) I could call back nearer the 14 day deadline and use the product in the meantime; 2) I could return now (address in Shannon); or 3) I could pay for the trial pack and not have the hassle of returning it. How much was option 3, I asked, thinking here comes the sting - but no, the price would be at a 50% discount off the "full price" and that worked out at £56 for both products i.e £26 each. This is not so different from the price at other places on the web that I found, including Amazon, so I was pleasantly surprised.

I've got to say I was mightily relieved and my experience was that it was not the [problem] that I was expecting. Maybe the difference was that I did not think that it was a free trial so I was expecting to pay - that was quite clear on the website when I signed up to the offer. The recurring payment on the offer is not such a good idea so I am glad to be out of that. I just need to watch my card account to make sure that no unexpected payments are taken in future.

In summary, my concerns were unfounded and it was a positive experience dealing with SlimTone.

Wow, this thread had me worried! I received my trial pack today and did an online search for more info (yes, I know I should have done this before!). That brought me to this thread and brought home to me that £75 per month is on the expensive side for these capsules. So no point in delaying, I decided to cancel now and rang the UK number. After a recorded message with American accent the call was answered by a representative who was clearly in UK. I said I wanted to cancel the monthly arrangement. No problem. No questions asked. She told me the options: 1) I could call back nearer the 14 day deadline and use the product in the meantime; 2) I could return now (address in Shannon); or 3) I could pay for the trial pack and not have the hassle of returning it. How much was option 3, I asked, thinking here comes the sting - but no, the price would be at a 50% discount off the "full price" and that worked out at £56 for both products i.e £26 each. This is not so different from the price at other places on the web that I found, including Amazon, so I was pleasantly surprised.

I've got to say I was mightily relieved and my experience was that it was not the [problem] that I was expecting. Maybe the difference was that I did not think that it was a free trial so I was expecting to pay - that was quite clear on the website when I signed up to the offer. The recurring payment on the offer is not such a good idea so I am glad to be out of that. I just need to watch my card account to make sure that no unexpected payments are taken in future.

In summary, my concerns were unfounded and it was a positive experience dealing with SlimTone.

£56 for some snake oil product?

Ok, maybe it's my cynical mind, but this sounds suspiciously like a commercial broadcast on behalf of Slimtone... I could be wrong, of course.

If it's a free trial why do you need to send it back or pay for it?

If you'd used it for the full time of the trial period there would be nothing to send back and they'd get no money for it.

I don't consider paying for a free sample of some overpriced product you don't want a positive experience. :rolleyes:

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi, my wife has also done same mistake. Will get card replaced and hopefully not get charged, but not 100% sure.

Has anyone been approached by them if products not returned after changing card or charged again after getting new card? Dont fancy paying tenner for FREE trial not even used...:x

Dont think they are really interested in getting product back especially after you used some and had all unwrapped, would not be able to sell again anyway would they :?:

£56 for some snake oil product?

Ok, maybe it's my cynical mind, but this sounds suspiciously like a commercial broadcast on behalf of Slimtone... I could be wrong, of course.

...and you are wrong, Crazy Diamond, I understand where you are coming from but I have nothing to do with SlimTone other than having made the purchase described above. I didn't exactly give it the thumbs up did I? Just that I read the details of the offer and then felt concerned by all the comments on this thread and felt it was worth recording my more positive experience. Snake oil? that's what I'm trying to find out, as I guess you are otherwise you would not be in this thread?

If it's a free trial why do you need to send it back or pay for it?

If you'd used it for the full time of the trial period there would be nothing to send back and they'd get no money for it.

I don't consider paying for a free sample of some overpriced product you don't want a positive experience. :rolleyes:

.... because it's NOT a FREE trial, it does not say that and I understood that I would have to pay for it. I am not defending them because I think it is a very slippery sales tactic and clearly a lot of people were suckered in. I read it very carefully before ordering and it does say that you can cancel the subscription at any time which is what I did and had no problem in doing so. As with any internet transaction it pays to read the small print T's & C's! If you don't want it don't order it.

Snake oil? that's what I'm trying to find out, as I guess you are otherwise you would not be in this thread?

As a CAG member since 2007, that would be a neat trick.

No, the reason I'm on this thread is the same reason I'm on other threads, usually to help people with their queries. I wouldn't dream of buying this type of product.

Boy, wish I was as lucky as you...still fighting to get my payments back. My credit card people wasn't that helpful. Said by giving them my bank details, I had already sign the contract....what toff!! Not giving up...too much money to loose to these sort of company?

hi, i have just falling for this. i have phoned and cancelled the order by pressing one and have got the parcel ready for sending back, can someone confirm the address? then i read this and im really worryed now, i phoned the company back but it was my partners credit card on the account so they wont let me say anything. i have until the 12th of october before my 14 day trial is over will i still get charged if i send it back in time?

The Address I had for these [problem]is : SLIMTONE PLUS, 222 SHANNON AIRPORT HOUSE, SFZ SHANNON, CO. CLARE, IRELAND.

As I kept the envelope and got it from the other that got 'caught'. but they have several address, I have read. Cost me over £10 in posting it back...for what! They said I had not sent it back within the 14 days? and the £75 plus £37.50 is now their's and there will be no more money taken out or products... Ring your bank now otherwise money will be taken out! Good Luck.

The Bogus Company is Located in Ireland:

222 Shannon Airport House, 55z Shannon, County Clare, Ireland.

PLEASE POST THIS INFORMATION ON TWITTER AND FACE BOOK

Hmm, i live very close to that address. i would say its in Shannon free zone industrial estate, i will go there and see if it really is based there or is it just some idiot taking calls..or maybe nothing there.

i nearly got caught out to, i just decided to check online to see what people thought of the product, glad i did now, these people should be arrested for robbing people!!

Hi All

This is a placebo product coupled with an automatic billing [problem] where distance selling laws are exploited and circumvented by using misleading terms and conditions and nefarious ways of trying to suggest non compliance with the terms. This includes the following:

1. Use of the carriage charge for the trialled products to obtain your debit/credit card details to enable automatic billing later

2. Sending of trial products late within the trial period ensure that you have little or no time to comply with the 14 day time period for trial and avoidance of future automatic billing.

3. Extortionate price of auto billed products.

4. Exploitation of 7 day rule on distance selling products by a) treating the two products (slimtone and body cleanse) as separate transactions despite being trialled together b) by having a 72 hour response time on emails to their customer service team when trying to request refunds on auto billed deliveries c) offering a return address different to that shown on the Royal mail which you may not be notified of until you have already despatched the returned products.

I have just received a full refund but only after a lengthy process after I discovered the withdrawals on my account and received delivery of the auto billed products and I want to help others who may find themselves caught out by this [problem]. You have to act fast and be within the time limits (explained below), follow this process precisely and they will have to refund to comply with the law or face prosecution. Also, try not to open any packages delivered from the address below if they are unapproved orders.

1. Immediately contact your bank/credit card company and inform them of a potential fraud and they will cancel/reissue your debit/credit card.

2. Next phone call is to your local police to raise an incident number and they will give you the number of your council trading standards contact in your region. Trading standards will advise you and will record the complaint and give you a reference number. Get the email addresses of both the police incident reporting line and the trading standards contact who raised the reference.

3. Go to the slimtone and body cleanse website (single white page with a phone number) and follow the recorded cancellation process on the given telephone number which is later acknowledged by automated email.

4. Take a photo of the royal mail delivery label which clearly shows the return address in small print (Royal Mail requirement) and save it to your PC.

5. Write a covering letter to:

Slimtone Plus

222 Shannon Airport House

SFZ Shannon

Co Clare

Ireland

With the heading - Returned products - Police Incident No. **********

Ensure in the text you include the following

" Your terms and conditions of trial are onerous and misleading" ....(include some of the examples I have given above).... "and that under the 7 day distance selling regulations I am returning your recent delivery package (enclosed and unopened) by registered post to the return address shown on your postage label. If you have an alternative address required to restock your product then this should be forwarded by you to avoid further misleading instructions on your returns policy".

Also include in the text that trading standards have been informed under reference no. ??? and that the police have raised an incident number which will escalate to a crime number if they do not issue a full refund within 7 days.

6. Put the returned products and your letter in a jiffy bag and send it by registered post to the address above and pick up your registered mail receipt which also shows the package weight (in the event they later claim that there were no products included in the package).

7. Scan the registered mail receipt, a copy of your letter and write an email to their customer service team (see website) and copy in the addresses of the police incident reporting line and trading standards contact, requesting a full refund in line with your attached letter which has been sent by registered post to comply with the 7 day distance selling regulations. Attach the photo of their return address label, scanned copy of the registered post receipt and the scanned copy of your letter.

After receiving their responses and any refund notifications they send to you make sure you reply and copy in the trading standards and police email addresses mentioned earlier so that their references and incident numbers can be updated.

Follow up by checking your account for the returned monies with reminders to them of the remaining time left before the incident turns into a crime and remember that even though you have cancelled your debit/credit card they will still accept refunds on your original cards. My money was returned within 4 banking days.

Hope this helps. It took me a bit of thinking time and a few hours to sort out but I got most of my money back.

Hi. I just received my credit card statement and saw that Slimtone Plus had debited me with two amounts - one for £4.68 for the Slimtone Plus which I have not received - order placed 12 September and another payment out on 27 September for £75.00. Checked Consumer Action and saw the complaints. Rang credit card company who will investigate. I noticed telephone number against the Slimtone Plus on my statement so telephoned it. Apparently they are a 'legitimate' company yet the advisor told me that they did not know that the original order had not been received by me. And when I said well surely you track the products, I was told no, they are sent first class and then she went onto to say that it has to be signed for! Well as far as I know, the only way of posting for signature is recorded delivery and special delivery. I continued that they cannot be a bona fide company as they would have advised me that the product had been sent out. I was told they do not do this, in fact, all they do do is take the money very quickly!! I was told they are bona fide as I agreed to their terms & conditions. How does that make them bona fide? Anyone can put terms and conditions on a website! Their phone number is 0844 745 9698 - I did get to speak to someone quickly. I have been told to get a P58 form and fill in Sections 4 & 5 for lost parcel .. still not sure how that can be without a tracking number .. and send the form back to Slimtone Plus, P O Box 111, County Clare, Shannon, Ireland. I at least have RBS checking this out too but it's a case of buyer beware again and again and again!!!

Edited by bergerg
Left out important line.

Hi. I just received my credit card statement and saw that Slimtone Plus had debited me with two amounts - one for £4.68 for the Slimtone Plus which I have not received - order placed 12 September and another payment out on 27 September for £75.00. Checked Consumer Action and saw the complaints. Rang credit card company who will investigate. I noticed telephone number against the Slimtone Plus on my statement so telephoned it. Apparently they are a 'legitimate' company yet the advisor told me that they did not know that the original order had not been received by me. And when I said well surely you track the products, I was told no, they are sent first class and then she went onto to say that it has to be signed for! Well as far as I know, the only way of posting for signature is recorded delivery and special delivery. I continued that they cannot be a bona fide company as they would have advised me that the product had been sent out. I was told they do not do this, in fact, all they do do is take the money very quickly!! I was told they are bona fide as I agreed to their terms & conditions. How does that make them bona fide? Anyone can put terms and conditions on a website! Their phone number is 0844 745 9698 - I did get to speak to someone quickly. I have been told to get a P58 form and fill in Sections 4 & 5 for lost parcel .. still not sure how that can be without a tracking number .. and send the form back to Slimtone Plus, P O Box 111, County Clare, Shannon, Ireland. I at least have RBS checking this out too but it's a case of buyer beware again and again and again!!

Having read all the comments here I thought I'd just side with Robsa and tell you about my experience too which sounds very similar to hers.

Like many of us, I've tried God knows how many slimming products over the years so was willing to give it a go as it seemed to be endorsed by the Daily Mail and C4 so might actually be authentic! I'd happily pay £100s if I found a product that worked!

I ordered my trial pack on 2nd October paying 2 lots of £2.49 and received it on 3rd! I had read the terms so knew I had a 14 day trial period before paying, and this really isn't so different from a lot of other companies out there.

Anyway, having lost just 2lbs in a week and then reading everything on here, I decided to cancel and rang the 0844 no on the literature. After only 5 minutes of a recorded message the call was answered by a very nice guy who was definitely English. I said the product hadn't worked and I wanted to return the shipment. He said no problem and that I could do 1 of 2 things. I could return the product to Ireland and pay the postage charge or I could pay a discounted price for the trial pack and keep using it for the full 30 days and be taken off the 'autoshipment' programme. Like 'Robsa' I thought they'd be asking a ridiculous price but he said it was 50% less so £56 for the whole lot. I was still not convinced, so he said he could reduce it further to £40.50 (64% discount). I have to say I was amazed and in the end agreed to pay this one off charge and give it a bit longer to work. You never know!

So all in all, not the experience I was expecting and I was really pleasantly surprised by the customer service and the eventual outcome. Just need to keep checking that no more money has been taken off my card!

And I promise you, I am nothing whatsoever to do with Slimtone. This is a genuine comment!