Slimtone Plus & Body Cleanse

jb100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I stupidly ordered this stuff too, although only the raspberry pills and not the colon cleanse - I did read the t and c's, but not until after I had already placed and paid for the order. In the time it arrived and up until I was within 'my rights' to cancel, my hubby had major surgery so it slipped my mind. I rang on the 15th day, to be told as much and that an attempt had been made to charge my card £75 plus £37.50, thankfully my card had expired and no payment was taken.

I went through the process of explaining |I was cancelling my order and not calling to make payment, at which point they started to offer me 'deals' of reduced costs - "we can do it for just £25 if you pay now". Um, no, I'm not paying anything I don't want this stuff - I haven't even had chance to try it.

Then it dawned on me, they physically can't charge me or a card that no longer exists - which I challenged them with, in the end they agreed that I should just send the product back, by registered airmail.

But do I actually need to? They can't charge me, I've effectively paid what they were asking for the initial trial period.

I just worry though, that somehow they will find a way and I'll get stung!

Thoughts??

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BlueShoes,

Ring your bank straight away and cancel your card. I spoke to my bank who were helpful when I explained what had happened. I have cancelled the card that I paid with. But the payment that has already been taken from my account cannot now be changed. I was concerned that as this was such a big fraud I needed to change my card for fear that they will use it for all sorts of other purposes.

I feel very foolish but have probably decided to take this on the chin. But this does mean that my daughter's ballet lessons for this term will have to be cancelled to cover this. If the company are monitoring this forum - they may be - you are are preying on some very vulnerable people who do not have the money for this kind of purchase. You know this, and that's why you have applied your intelligence and legal expertise to set this up. Enjoy your profits. I hope it makes you happy....but what goes around comes around.

In fairness, anyone who thinks they can slim by taking raspberry pills and that they need to cleanse their colon (unless you're going for an endoscopy in which case they give you the right products at the hospital!) is going to be an easy target for any type of [problem]mer, as it shows they're gullible in the first place.

Anyway...

Beware that cancelling your card may not be enough. If the company has set up a recurring authorisation (which is what it looks lie) then it is linked directly to the account, NOT to the card. A lot of banks don't like to interfere with recurring authorisations and state that you need to get the company to cancel as they can't do it. That is a lie, so don't let them get away with it.

Make sure you WRITE to your bank and tell them that you were duped into giving this authorisation and that you will hold them responsible if they do not cancel and refund the transactions as per your instructions.

Edit: LOL at automatic filter replacing one word by [problem]. Weird result, but funny. :madgrin:

Instead of returning the stuff by registered mail (which does not work outside the UK in some countries anyway) I would get a complaint in to Trading Standards and ask them to investigate what the pills really are - they are not happy with companies like this and need the 'hard evidence' that the pills they are pedalling at a high price (you can by the stuff in healthfood shops much cheaper than their £75 a month....).

There is a new term for this called 'vanity [problem]ming', a certain social media site is aware of it but as they get money from the advertising they claim they cannot be held responsible for the products not being 'as advertised'... which if you go by the modern zero tolerance thinking is completely unacceptable. They could have been very pro active about this and nipped the lot of the '1 weird tip to loose xxx ' or 'Amazing 54 year old woman looks 24' ads in the bud.

PS to site team using '[problem]' as a work in its proper context is not libellous or litigatious!

It's an automatic filter SG, the site team isn't doing it, the software is!

It's like if you try to write the name of a certain football team, it will automatically part of it, try it: S****horpe.

(Hence the joke, what are the 3 football teams with swearwords in their name?

A: S****horpe, A***nal, and Manchester F***ing United)

Hi Jess

My bank were excellent - I just phoned them and told them what had happened - they simply cancelled my card there and then and issued a new one. Its a pain in the backside I know, but card arrived a few days later, no letter needed they were used to this happening to people.

I am amazed that they have been allowed to get this far - surely there is some kind of governing body that could stop them? There is no point in us all beating ourselves up for feeling so stupid, there are plenty of scrupulous companies on the web that I have bought from and never been fiddled or duped. To hide behind a 'trial' and then charge people is fraudulent - a trial is a trial, and then you yourself should have the decision to go ahead with further products or not, without being charged surely.I have looked on the web to see if there is a governing body that we could make spring into action and get rid of these cowboys for once and for all. Any company that makes themselves so difficult to get hold of, never answers their emails etc etc have to be hiding some kind of dodgy or illegal practice. It makes me spit.

Let me know if I can help in anyway. On the web there are other action groups/reviews all telling this same sad story. We can all sit and sympathise with each other etc., but action is what counts and revenge is sweet! Keep in touch, with you all the way as I am sure others on this site are.

Hi,

I have done exactly the same thing and I usually read EVRYTHING!!! before signing up so I feel such an idiot!

I received products yesterday and decided to check on the internet to see if the products were safe to use and discovered this forum.

I have just telephoned them to cancel and return all products unopened and their phone number no longer works.

I have now spoken with the fraud department of my credit card company and they have agreed to cancel the card and send out a new one.

They have advised that if the company try to take a payment and don't get paid, that they can still approach your credit card company at a later date to ask for your new card details - so BEWARE!!

Looks as though I will have to keep on checking my future statements!!!!!

I think the watchdog idea is a very good one and I am sending them an email today.

The more people that contact them, the more likely they are to investigate.

They are now totally committing fraud as you have no way of contacting them to cancel orders or stop them from sending out more product in the future!

Hey Jane1968 can you put the email on that you send to Watchdog. This will help other people on here and give them an idea what to write. Thanks Jess

EXTRA INFO.... I have just spoken to SlimTone on telephone number 0844 745 9698 the automated answer asks you repeatedly for your telephone number. Put your number in once and press # then you will be asked the same question again to put your telephone number into the phone. Ignore this and keep listening, you will be then told to press a different number to speak to an advisor. I got throught to Dolph! Anyway he gave me a returns number and advised me to return the product by recorded delivery at a cost of £5.80? I said this was another part of their [problem] and that they are just trying to force people to keep the product. Anyway I am returning my product and have taken a photo of the un-opened bottle and the item parcelled up with the return date written on the envelope. Dolph also told me when they tell you to return the product before a certain date (for example, before the 6th of October) if they receive it on the 6th then they will still charge you as you have failed to return within the fourteen days. One other thing that surprises me is the Daily Mail endorse this product? I think I will write to them next. :mad2: Keep sending your pills back girls..We will win in the end!:lol:

Edited by Jess in a mess
Extra information

Hi Jess/All

GOOD NEWS!!!

Just had a call from Fraud Dept at Nat West and have been informed that the FSA have issued a directive that all customers duped by this company who wish to cancel their future payments can just ring up their bank and stop all potential payments.

This means that you no longer have to have your card cancelled, and no further payments can be taken.

Apparently the FSA have been deluged with complaints about this company and if they can't get any more payments I wonder if they have closed down?

Perhaps that's also why the phone line no longer works?

Alls well that ends well!

I have just had the same problem. I checked my balance today to find that two amounts of £75 have been debited from my account. I called the company immediately to get my money back and, as lots of other people have said they just keep saying over and over that I agreed to the terms and conditions when I ordered the trial. I think the way to deal with this is actually from the angle that thye have taken money using a debit card without authorisation. I contacted my bank who cancelled the debit card used so that Slimtone cannot take any more unauthorised payments. This is obviously a recognised problem because the cs team at the bank advised that I set up a dispute with Slimtone. Tbank have refunded this money whilst they investigate and should they find that the money was taken illegally I will keep the refunded money. I would advise anyone in the same situtation as me to get as much help as you can from your bank rather than trying to get anywhere with Slimtone. Good luck

Hi Jane1968, thanks for the update. The company is still trading and are answering their calls. Please see my last thread. Jess

By the way I returned my SlimTone this morning and the cost was £9.24!!! NOT £5.80 as quoted by SlimTone. I was TOLD to send it by SlimTone through 'recorded Airsure' as their address in in Southern Ireland. This is classed as Europe..

I have also spoken to Trading Standards who say they no longer deal with consumer complaints and re-directed me to the CAB they say they have been inundated with complaints about this company and would like everyone to contact their LOCAL CAB and/or put their complaint in writing.

Edited by Jess in a mess
Extra Info

icon1.png Re: Slimtone Plus & Body Cleanse

EXTRA INFO.... I have just spoken to SlimTone on telephone number 0844 745 9698 the automated answer asks you repeatedly for your telephone number. Put your number in once and press # then you will be asked the same question again to put your telephone number into the phone. Ignore this and keep listening, you will be then told to press a different number to speak to an advisor. I got throught to Dolph! Anyway he gave me a returns number and advised me to return the product by recorded delivery at a cost of £5.80? I said this was another part of their [problem] and that they are just trying to force people to keep the product. Anyway I am returning my product and have taken a photo of the un-opened bottle and the item parcelled up with the return date written on the envelope. Dolph also told me when they tell you to return the product before a certain date (for example, before the 6th of October) if they receive it on the 6th then they will still charge you as you have failed to return within the fourteen days. One other thing that surprises me is the Daily Mail endorse this product? I think I will write to them next.
mad2.gif
Keep sending your pills back girls..We will win in the end!
laugh.gif

Ive just signed up to the free trial yesterday :/

I was looking to see if you could buy them elsewhere when i came across this post, i feel stupid for falling for it.

any ideas how to stop them taking money.. i.e closing bank account??

Have just done the same as you, tried to phone and cancel no answer, tried e-mailing, nothing. Have just phoned my bank and they have cancelled my card and sending me another one. I feel so stupid but the bank were brilliant and said they are receiving many calls like mine. hope this helps you

Has anyone actually returned the pills and not been charged? I have rung up and got the automated service and told to return all items by a certain date. I wondered if i could just do this and hope not to get charged, without having to contact my bank and get my card changed.